10,000 foot view of our offseason to this point

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Drone7 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:23 pm yep.

it didn't take long to see he wasn't a good S

and guess what?

his next 2 teams didn't see much either
Oh Gib. You silly goose.
Richie
MVP

Yogi da Bear wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:56 pm As I remember, he got the neck injury because he didn't know how to tackle and came in with his head down. Not a good thing for any player let alone a safety.

You know, one thing to think about is Shelly at safety. I got this idea because I saw a Bear roster a week ago that listed him there. Yeah, he's small for a safety, but he's physical and already plays inside CB. Doesn't seem like it would be that big a transition if we had to.

Another thing to think about is that we're going to need more linebackers, both inside and outside. We have Roquan, Danny, Iggy, Mack, Quinn,, Vaughters, Bonds, and Woods. Depth is weak there.
A 5'9 173 pound Strong Safety?

That's just not realistic. I'm sorry.
spudbear
MVP

Adding Quinn can give the Bears a chance at another 2018 type defense. If that's the case and the defense gives them a lead or short fields then Foles can make teams pay for loading the box. A big pass rush will help cover up some of the holes in the defensive backfield too, as well as having DT and Roquan back together again to cover the middle.

Pace is probably still looking for a back to complement Monty, as Tarik ain't it and apparently Nall has not gained the coach's confidence. And yes, the RG hole is still there to fill as well. You'd think they could find a vet who could fill the spot. Maybe Bars is their ace in the hole?
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

wab wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:31 pm
Drone7 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:23 pm yep.

it didn't take long to see he wasn't a good S

and guess what?

his next 2 teams didn't see much either
Oh Gib. You silly goose.
Lmao