Thoughts on Free Agency from here

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Hoog
Player of the Month

Bush back is a good move but hopefully a back up depth move. In looking at whats out there still on the market, WR and Safety are the two areas where there is a wealth of viable options left. With the draft chocked full of WR's, I think there is a good chance to land a very good deep threat on a one year deal. Players may go the one year deal to be free again next year when the market isn't so flooded.

Safety, I think we can lock an older vet on a one year deal who wants to play for our D or a younger guy on a lower multi year deal. Either way, I don't see it costing us much over $2.5 or so to get a decent starter.

I'm seeing OL and CB in the second round.
wab
Mod

I think the Bears will look at the draft and then fill holes afterwards. Cameron Erving is a guy I've kind of been watching. Knows the system, has played OT/OG/C in his career. He might be available after the draft.

In the draft, I still think Pace doubles down on QB and TE. OL/DB/WR/LB should be the other targets.
UOK
Site Admin

There's too many holes to be idle, but no more bangers from here on out (that I can predict, anyway). Bunch of camp bodies, maybe a Ted Larsen-esque signing. The rest is gonna be in the draft.

Hell, I don't know. This offseason has kind of irritated me, so I'm entirely ambivalent to whatever the team does at this point.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I’m frustrated that the Steelers got Wis and Ebron for so much less than the Bears paid Graham. I’m with everyone else here... I think Pace is done for now.

Considering we have needs at like seven positions Pace can basically go BPA in the draft
xyt in the discord chats
Hoog
Player of the Month

I'd go with the following signings to finish up beforw the draft:

Michael Schofield on a 1 year $2.5M deal - dude can play RG and RT. He doesnt miss games and isn't flashy but solid. Only one penalty abd one sack allowed last year.

Tajae Sharpe on a two year $4M contract. Only 25 and matched or bettered Gabriel's stats. Really solid route runner who gets big chuncks. Averaged 13.5 yards per catch, had 4 TD's, and had a 71% catch rate. Very solid WR for an extremely low cost.
Hoog
Player of the Month

I'd go with the following signings to finish up beforw the draft:

Michael Schofield on a 1 year $2.5M deal - dude can play RG and RT. He doesnt miss games and isn't flashy but solid. Only one penalty abd one sack allowed last year.

Tajae Sharpe on a two year $4M contract. Only 25 and matched or bettered Gabriel's stats. Really solid route runner who gets big chuncks. Averaged 13.5 yards per catch, had 4 TD's, and had a 71% catch rate. Very solid WR for an extremely low cost.