Bears 2020 RB Corps

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Yea, I'd be all for a RB pick in day 3. Failing that, several UDFA and other vet signings for camp are warranted.
wab
Mod

I think you all can rest assured that the Bears will draft a RB. They’ve drafted one every year except one since Pace has been here. The year they didn’t, they brought Nall in.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Obligatory Kerrith Whyte mention.
wab
Mod

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:50 am Obligatory Kerrith Whyte mention.
Thanks to all the goddamn TE injuries.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I would love to see the Bears use Nall more. Every time he's gotten a chance to play, he always breaks at least one decent run.
wab
Mod

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:54 pm I would love to see the Bears use Nall more. Every time he's gotten a chance to play, he always breaks at least one decent run.
I’d like to see him in an H-back role due to his size, but I don’t know how enough about his hands or blocking.
spudbear
MVP

Looks like Pace did not draft a RB but has at least one UDFA. Wondering if they wait until the end of the preseason to see who is available for cheap.

And yeah, like Yogi I'm a big Nall fan and would like to see him used more. The way he was underutilized at the end of last season makes me wonder if the coaches don't trust him. He's a football player and should get more PT.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
IE
Hall of Famer

I remain concerned about the RB depth chart. OK fine with the UDFA. And hopefully Nall can play and have some upside (but if he can.. isn't that a bit of an indictment of Nagy for not playing him?).

Regardless... I'm wanting and expecting a vet FA signing, and not a nobody. Someone with a year or two of part-time gas in the tank... someone like Gore, McCoy, Ware or Miller.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:01 pm I remain concerned about the RB depth chart. OK fine with the UDFA. And hopefully Nall can play and have some upside (but if he can.. isn't that a bit of an indictment of Nagy for not playing him?).

Regardless... I'm wanting and expecting a vet FA signing, and not a nobody. Someone with a year or two of part-time gas in the tank... someone like Gore, McCoy, Ware or Miller.
Maybe.

But last year they had a very respectable vet and didn't use him at all.
Then they promoted a young unknown and didn't use him at all (despite mathematical elimination).
If you're not going to use it at all, you might as well have a doorstop.

Pierce seems really not bad for a UDFA, though.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
IE
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:32 pm
IE wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:01 pm I remain concerned about the RB depth chart. OK fine with the UDFA. And hopefully Nall can play and have some upside (but if he can.. isn't that a bit of an indictment of Nagy for not playing him?).

Maybe.

But last year they had a very respectable vet and didn't use him at all.
Then they promoted a young unknown and didn't use him at all (despite mathematical elimination).
If you're not going to use it at all, you might as well have a doorstop.

Pierce seems really not bad for a UDFA, though.
You're right and oh my god I hope Nagy learned his lesson or got over whatever he was trying to do (e.g. 10 "trial by fire"). It was so weird what they did last year. I wonder if there was something about the guy they just really didn't like.

And then Whyte ... WTF were they thinking to stack and not use all those TEs and lose him as well. Not cutting that dope Shaheen mid-season was a huge mistake.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
UOK
Site Admin

I like Nall. I don't think he's anything special, but he's not some glorified wide receiver playing running back. He can bring it on special teams and I'm guessing he'd do okay if he played behind the ones.

Montgomery needs to be, well, anything in year two. Cohen's on a contract year, so we'll find out if he's a difference maker or if it was all a facade.