Chicago Bears Rumors: Team has “plans” for Adam Shaheen

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Wounded Bear
MVP

The plan is to talk up his worth so we can trade him to the Panthers where he’ll wear #88 and become a multi-year Pro-Bowler.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
wab
Mod

Is there anyone here that does NOT want Shaheen to succeed? I think that would be ideal.

Shaheen may suck, but we really don't know because injuries have 100% been the reason for his lack of development.
dplank
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:42 pm Is there anyone here that does NOT want Shaheen to succeed? I think that would be ideal.

Shaheen may suck, but we really don't know because injuries have 100% been the reason for his lack of development.
Couldn't agree more wab. Many folks are happy to give Trubisky another chance but not Shaheen, why wouldn't we give Shaheen another chance also? It almost seems more likely Shaheen could turn his career around since he's been injured all the time, vs Mitch who has shown us he can't play over a longer stretch of time.

I'm rooting for both of them.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:52 pm
wab wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:42 pm Is there anyone here that does NOT want Shaheen to succeed? I think that would be ideal.

Couldn't agree more wab. Many folks are happy to give Trubisky another chance but not Shaheen, why wouldn't we give Shaheen another chance also? It almost seems more likely Shaheen could turn his career around since he's been injured all the time, vs Mitch who has shown us he can't play over a longer stretch of time.

For sure. I want him to succeed. No one wants a second round pick to go to waste just to be able to trash Pace and say they knew better (Gib didn't come over from the other board did he??? :-P ).

My fear is I just don't think the guy can stay healthy. Who was it that said the best trait a player can have is availability???

It would be awesome if he could relegate Graham to the bench by taking the bull by the horns.
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

Yah Honnah, yes Gib did come over. He was Drone7. Please read this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14205
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:52 pm

I am definitely hoping for the best for both - and what they are doing with Shaheen is the right call (There is probably a 90+ % chance he's gone but let him show it in Camp one way or the other - And No reason to be truthful in a Presser either)

My worry -TE isn't as tough to play as QB - so there is an element (at least in my head) that if he hasn't gotten it by now - the lightbulb isn't going on - Hope Im wrong there . He's not like a 9 year journeyman though - so it COULD still happen - I just wouldn't bet too heavily on it.

(Also that Special Teams play(IIRC) that he F'ed up - just makes me think he doesn't have the knack for Professional Football)
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

RichH55 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 am
I am definitely hoping for the best for both - and what they are doing with Shaheen is the right call (There is probably a 90+ % chance he's gone but let him show it in Camp one way or the other - And No reason to be truthful in a Presser either)

My worry -TE isn't as tough to play as QB - so there is an element (at least in my head) that if he hasn't gotten it by now - the lightbulb isn't going on - Hope Im wrong there . He's not like a 9 year journeyman though - so it COULD still happen - I just wouldn't bet too heavily on it.

(Also that Special Teams play(IIRC) that he F'ed up - just makes me think he doesn't have the knack for Professional Football)
There is no question in my mind of the bold print above (mine.)

Sure give him a shot, but this guy has no significant chance. Makes a camp body at this point. As others have said, "Hope I'm wrong."

To the man: Chipotle awaits, or whatever is next. Good luck.

I remember when we drafted him, it was a hopeful moment. :(
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
wab
Mod

The Grizzly One wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:25 am
RichH55 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 am

Sure give him a shot, but this guy has no significant chance. Makes a camp body at this point. As others have said, "Hope I'm wrong."

If you started a new job and suddenly got sick and couldn't come to work in a meaningful capacity... and you were told "well we need to let you go because the light bulb just isn't coming on" you'd probably feel that was unfair.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:14 pm
The Grizzly One wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:25 am

If you started a new job and suddenly got sick and couldn't come to work in a meaningful capacity... and you were told "well we need to let you go because the light bulb just isn't coming on" you'd probably feel that was unfair.
What new job gives you 3 years exactly?

And the one day you show up you shit the bed on one of the more basic functions (catching the ball on Special Teams)

This is shades of Shea defense (just needs 3 years to learn the new position!!!)
Richie
MVP

I guarantee that everyone here wants every Bear to be a pro bowler.

Stating that certain Bears have worn out their welcome and should be replaced with other Bears on the final roster does not change that. If Shaheen does make the roster? We will all be hoping he pans out.
100% is bold. He's never really flashed much so it's hard to say that he would otherwise be an impact player. I don't know how much there is there to "develop". When asked about Shaheen last season - Gilbride talked about his pad level and his footwork holding him back. There's all kinds of issues with this guy.

And at a point... injuries aren't an excuse. It's just what you are. Injured. Constantly.

That's apart of what you get with Adam Shaheen. Zero to suggest he will ever spend anywhere near a full season healthy.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

That's the other thing - he's on the field occasionally - not a lot but every once and a while

And he doesn't stand out in a good way then either