FA still out there we should look at

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

This could be a make or break year for Nagy and Pace (then again COVID-19 might result in them getting a pass this year).

If I was playing GM for a day, I think I'd try to figure out how to get some more cap room and sign a few of the "bigger names" out there to one-year deals. Specifically, I'd like to see us get Markus Golden and Larry Warford.

Golden could likely be had for about $5 million (if no signs him by the start of the year, he returns to the G-Men for $4.25 I think). He makes our edge rotation much better. Also, he likely givens the benefit of Ha-Ha next year - he gets a contract that results in a 4th-6th round comp pick depending on how he performs.

Warford will likely cost more, but he solidifies the RG spot. Also, if he plays like he can he could be as high as a 3rd round pick.

I'm sure there are other out there that can help with the comp formula in the future as well. Of course it "takes two to tango (and cash - referencing the movie as well as the fact that the cap situation is tricky).
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

Previous discussed Warford thread if your interested.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14316
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Ark - I think that price tag on Warford is coming down

I'm not sold that he solidifies anything though - He's a name but there were some struggles last year (and the lack of market is a bit telling too)
dplank
Hall of Famer

At this point I'm ready to roll with Ifedi and see what he can do. If we're going to make another move, I'd like a weapon/skill player like Njoku. I've waffled on Warford but think I've settled on "he's not a great fit" for us. I'm surprised the run heavy Ravens haven't already snapped him up.