No pads

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

How does it make sense that they can’t practice in pads until 2 weeks from live action? I can see a lot of injuries coming as guys are going full bore without proper time to acclimate their bodies to it after a long layoff.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Doesn't make much since.
IE
Hall of Famer

I think because they seem to want to minimize exposure as much as possible. I get that it might be useful for them to start going through reps but trying to keep the players more separated where possible and testing in a routine to kind of gauge what happens...how many guys will test positive over a few weeks, and how does that tracking go before they start engaging heavily and not really have a clue about who is infecting whom. Kind of easing their way in.

But it's really just creating a fake feeling of control. This is FOOTBALL. Their approach is like waiting to stick your toe in the water when you're about to jump into the pool. Whatever caution they're doing now goes completely out the window when they start playing and the players are away from camp and interacting with the public again. It's fantasy football.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!