Wk 1 // Bears def. Lions 27-23

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Bears: 17
Lions: 13

I'm with those who expect a low scoring game. Defenses should have the upper hand after the truncated offseason/preseason. Concerns persist with Hicks and Quinn, and Johnson's unproven, so I'll give the Lions a TD. I expect the Bears offense to also struggle, but Trubisky has enjoyed a lot of success against the Lions. I'm hoping that will be enough, especially with uncertainty with Montgomery's health. It won't be enough to stop those calling for Foles though...
dplank
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 pm
G08 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:01 pm

So we've got a poster here who tracks this all season long and at the end of the season tells us who was the most accurate, least accurate, most 'homer', most 'hater'. It's fun! Earlier you put your prediction in the better the points.

Yes I'm aware I'm a nerd.
Lol ok I’ll play

Bears win - 24-20

TRUBISKY to Graham from 8
TRUBISKY to Miller from 21
Fuller jumps a route for a pick 6
Updated lol
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

NFL football ... yay

this season will be a true test of all teams in regards to preparation and intellect which may or may not play in the Bears favor as they have shown in the past it is not their forte

but, new season means new hope right?

I figure it will take teams 3 games to actually get their shit straight, which means week 1 will be full of some odd actions and results

I look for the Bears and Lions to combine for 7 turnovers

Trubisky will throw 2 TD's and 2 int's

Bears defense will yield an obscene amount of yards but only 10 points

Bears win 24-10
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wulfy
MVP

Beloved 31
Lion 24

> Mitch to Miller from 17 yards out
> Patterson 41 yard Jet Sweet
> Mitch to Graham from 5
> “Carlos” Santos from 41
> Roquan 38 yard fumble return off Mack Strip Sack
docc
Head Coach

Fukin Fox has Puke vs Queens on here in Tucson... I got to go Nigerian to watch..at least I got good internet now..
SgtPerry
Journeyman

Bears 19 (2 TDs - 1 missed PA then a 4th Quarter Pick6 with a missed 2-Pts Conversion)
Lions 13 (1 TD + 2 FGs)

***edited***
Last edited by SgtPerry on Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Good thing you are a Bears fan. No offense to worry about."
UOK 10/26/2020
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Bears 30
Lions 10
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

SgtPerry wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:35 am Bears 19 (2 TDs - 1 missed PA then a 4th Quarter Pick6 with a missed 2-Pts Conversion)
Lions 17 (2 TDs + 1 FG)
I already took that, if you want an official pick
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
SgtPerry
Journeyman

Moriarty wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:50 am I already took that, if you want an official pick
:frustrated:

@@Moriarty : I fixed it.

It's gonna be ugly...
"Good thing you are a Bears fan. No offense to worry about."
UOK 10/26/2020
l8knight
Practice Squad

Da Bears - 20
Lions - 16
Fans - 100

Bears defense keeps them in it. Offense struggles but manages to get a couple TDs and a few FGs. Definitely think it will be ugly for both teams with a plague of penalties on both sides. Fans are the biggest winners, thank the football gods for the return of the NFL in this horrid year!
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Limited practices, No preseason games, new coaches all over the place - anything could happen. But I'm a homer so:

Bears 16
Lions 9
UOK
Site Admin

Middleguard
MVP

G08 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:00 am @Middleguard where you at buddy??
Here I am! Guess I got too used to isolation. Plus I had to rewrite most of my prediction software: pro-football-reference changed the format of their weekly schedule csv file, Washington "Team" doesn't match Washington "Redskins," and with no fans I assume my home-field-advantage calculations are worthless.

About avoiding duplicate predictions: they don't count for weekly winners (no prize there, except bragging rights), but they do count for my entire-season contest ($50).

I can't believe GSH already made my exact prediction of Bears 20-17 in OT (my formula predicted a tie). So, to be different, I'll go with Bears 17-16 in regulation.
IE
Hall of Famer

I think it is generally understood defenses have an advantage earlier in the season, and it sometimes takes even a good offense a bit of time at real game speed to work the kinks out. Maybe not ones that have remained good AND intact (e.g. I expect KC to come out dominating). But in general.

Plus defenses seem to feed off of crowds more than offenses, with offenses feeling more pressure from crowds especially hostile ones.

Then this year it is going to be SO weird with absent legit crowd reactions. There will be artificial noise and music - but not as much during plays (I think - that would be weird). So it will be quieter in most places from the offense's perspective. And so in those cases (and normally roaring Ford Field will be one), I'm leaning towards the offenses to put up better than expected numbers due to the offenses being able to communicate better.

Just my theory, but I'm expecting sandlot games (my way of describing a lot of successful ad hoc and broken plays), resulting in more shootouts and blowouts than usual. I'm a bit shocked at the predictions of low scoring. But maybe it is me that is seeing it wrong. We'll see I guess.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Funkster
MVP

I’ve been off the site for awhile, glad to see the usual names! My game pass and Sunday ticket subscriptions have renewed and I’m good to go!

It’s finally here and happening. I’m pump for the season. Like most have said, this year we really don’t know what to expect, this got me thinking, do we really ever know what to expect? All I do know is the bears have the lions number and I’m glad the bears start the season with them.

I’m ready for the defense to eat often. I’m ready for Trubisky to come out swinging. I’m ready for A.Rob and Miller to go off. I’m ready for Ifedi to show Seahawks fans he a capable lineman! I’m even ready for a Graham jump spike after he catches a TD. It’s been a long off season, I’m ready for some football.

Bears 27
Lions 19 (Hicks gets a safety)
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I have to say, I never thought that the Bears were even going to play this year. So this should be interesting. Crowd noise won't be a factor.

I think that the Lions come out flat. No crowd to cheer them on. They will fail to build any momentum. I think Biscuits comes out and plays pretty well. TD to Miller and Graham.

Defense looks formidable.

Bears - 24
Kitties - 10
WP.1
Player of the Month

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:34 pm I'll hold back my full prediction until I see who's playing QB. If Mitch, loss. If Nick, win.
So we've got a poster here who tracks this all season long and at the end of the season tells us who was the most accurate, least accurate, most 'homer', most 'hater'. It's fun! Earlier you put your prediction in the better the points.

Its been awhile since I have been on the board just trying to adjust to my new reality, my family's new reality. This has been the craziest six months I've ever lived through.

I missed you guys.

Except G08. You're still a jackass. :toast:
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Its been awhile since I have been on the board just trying to adjust to my new reality, my family's new reality. This has been the craziest six months I've ever lived through.

I missed you guys.

I remember you!
G08 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:37 pm
Middleguard wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:10 pm For those of you following the BWN vs GO8 feud...
over the first 6 games BWN was 5-0 (GO8 did not predict 1 game)
over the next 5 games they tied 2-2-1
over the last 5 games GO8 was 5-0 and finished higher in my final standings for the year.
@Bears Whiskey Nut

Looking forward to kicking your ass again this year! :toast:

Better see you in the chat on Sunday too, bud!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:23 pm
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:35 pm

I missed you guys.

I remember you!
G08 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:37 pm

@Bears Whiskey Nut

Looking forward to kicking your ass again this year! :toast:

Better see you in the chat on Sunday too, bud!
Wouldn't miss it! :rofl:
Richie
MVP

Road division games are always tough. I fear many of us are underestimating a Detroit team that I feel will compete for and potentially make the post-season.

Like last season. I feel we'll drop the opening game. Our fan-base will shit their pants and throw a hissy fit. Overreact. Then, we'll reel off a few wins and be sitting around 3-1.

It will also be a late heartbreaker. Just like the first two Nagy openers.

Detroit 21
Bears 20
mohner1
Practice Squad

Bears 22
Lions 17
“Taylor, we've run out of timeouts. Go in there and get hurt.”
JaxBearsFan
Rookie

Still trying to figure what this season is gonna be like.

Not feeling 100% confident that the defensive pieces are healthy & will be ready. And Trubinsky -- sigh. I dunno what to think.

Not quite sure what to think about anything with this team & league right now. As a result, my pessimism remains in tact.

Bears 10
Lions 25
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Bears 20
Lions 17

Solid game from the defense and solid game from Mitch is gonna get our hopes up
xyt in the discord chats
docc
Head Coach

Line has moved to -2 Leons at home. 1 to 1.5 change to Bears..?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY BITCHES!!!

Pandemic or not, let's kick the year off right with a big win over the kitty cats in their dome. No fans to help them out. Stafford will throw at least one or two to the Bears today.

LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:35 am GAME DAY BITCHES!!
Ah so nice to see this post once more. That means football is finally here!! Lets go Bears!!!!!
ramentaschen
Assistant Coach

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows of a streaming site to watch today's game? All the sports bars are closed here due to COVID and I don't have another way of watching NFL games other than what is selected to play in my area on cable (Hawaii, not Bears at Lions)

Thanks in advance if you can help and Bear down.
Z Bear
MVP

24-13 Bears The D keeps Detoilet our of the endzone until a late garbage TD
Burl
Crafty Veteran

Bears 31
Lions 13