Wk 2 // Bears def. Giants 17-13

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Lots of similar scores being proposed (with a couple of outliers :) ). It's much too early in the season to get a good handle on where teams are at, but I'm going to stay optimistic and go with:

Bears 27
Giants 21

The Steelers defense looked a heck of a lot better than the Bears on Monday Night when the Giants put up 16 so I'm going with them getting a few more points. The Bears defense looked decidedly ordinary against the Lions and I'm already worried that with Goldman absent, Mack and Quinn carrying injuries, Hicks lacking explosiveness and Trevathan looking slow that our vaunted front 7 is a lot weaker than we expected. I'm hoping last week was just knocking off some rust and adjusting to game speed. This week playing at Soldier Field even without a crowd should provide an extra edge and help the D step up it's game. Even so I can't see them stuffing Barclay the way Pittsburgh did in the run game and worry about him burning Trevathan in the passing game. The Giants O line is suspect so the Bears should get more pressure on Jones and force him into mistakes.

With the Bears offense, who knows? They ran really well against the Lions and despite all the first half negativity around Trubisky they weren't far off on quite a few incomplete passes. I'm hoping that's due more to the lack of preseason games than Trubisky's previous inconsistencies. Combined with his and the receivers fourth quarter performances I'm looking for a better all round showing, but this is the Bears and it's rare they manage to break the 30 point barrier.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

man that giant's OL looked horrid in pass protection in week 1. whenever i think the bears are going to clean up they get their asses handed to them though, so:
Giants 53 - Bears 6
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I reserve the right to change all this after I have the scoring system of this thing explained to. me.

With that said, Trubisky dropped 3 dimes for scores in the 4th quarter in tight windows. This game is all about cawfidence (to quote Wanny) and I think the 4th quarter gave a lot of that to Trubisky and the offense. Throw that together with ARob wanting to put on a show and the defense being pissed about what when on last week and you get a W for da Bears.

Bears 38
G-Men 3

Trubisky hits ARob at the 40 and he takes it the rest of the way to the house for a 60 yard TD. He also finds Kmet, twice from inside the 10. Monty tacks on a 16 yard TD run and Eddie Jackson throws in a 4th quarter pick 6. The Defense plays with a huge chip on their shoulders and causes Barkleys yards/game average to drop from 6 yards / game to 5 yards per game by holding him to 4 yards on the ground.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Arkansasbear wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:59 pm I reserve the right to change all this after I have the scoring system of this thing explained to. me.

With that said, Trubisky dropped 3 dimes for scores in the 4th quarter in tight windows. This game is all about cawfidence (to quote Wanny) and I think the 4th quarter gave a lot of that to Trubisky and the offense. Throw that together with ARob wanting to put on a show and the defense being pissed about what when on last week and you get a W for da Bears.

Bears 38
G-Men 3

Trubisky hits ARob at the 40 and he takes it the rest of the way to the house for a 60 yard TD. He also finds Kmet, twice from inside the 10. Monty tacks on a 16 yard TD run and Eddie Jackson throws in a 4th quarter pick 6. The Defense plays with a huge chip on their shoulders and causes Barkleys yards/game average to drop from 6 yards / game to 5 yards per game by holding him to 4 yards on the ground.
Your prediction leaves you probably losing by alot in the scoring system. I don't know the specifics but its about how far you are away from each teams score and then its plugged into some math formula. So by predicting an extreme score if your not pretty much exactly right for both teams your gonna be in trouble
UOK
Site Admin

UOK wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:12 am Revised:

Yeah, fuck that. I think the defense makes some noise.

Giants are trash.

Bears 20
Giants 12
Updated my prediction.
malk
Head Coach

Wait, football has started?!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Well, given that I didn't know we had a scoring system going on here, I think I'm pretty screwed being down 1194-8. I think the only chance I have is to be Sexy Rexy Grossman and unleash the dragon and throw it deep. So I'm sticking to guns with outlandish scores all year long. Pretty sure that's the only shot I have. As Reece Bobby said' "If you ain't first, you're last."
G08
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm Well, given that I didn't know we had a scoring system going on here, I think I'm pretty screwed being down 1194-8. I think the only chance I have is to be Sexy Rexy Grossman and unleash the dragon and throw it deep. So I'm sticking to guns with outlandish scores all year long. Pretty sure that's the only shot I have. As Reece Bobby said' "If you ain't first, you're last."
@Middleguard can you help this gentlemen out with your scoring method, buddy?

If I'm not mistaken, the lower your score the better.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

im guessing with this sytem your better off predicting 20-20 for every game. Nailed the Bears score, nailed the Bears win. Off on the Lions. Would expect middle of the pack, but not bottom of the barrell.

No big deal. I'm going to do what I always do. Have fun.

16-0 Bitches!!1
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
spudbear
MVP

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am Bears: 31
Giants: 6

For the first 35 minutes of week 1, the defense was garbage. Then, after the Lions TD to start the second half I saw something new..... something other teams should be worried about. Khalil Mack called the defense over for a sideline huddle and seemed very animated. After that little chat, the defense settled in and allowed 3 more points in the final 25 minutes. Khalil stepping up into the vocal leadership role should be terrorizing for other teams.

Defense is stout and the offense builds off the 4th quarter explosion.
Yeah, I liked seeing Mack taking the leadership role. Must have been frustrating for the D to see the same old Bears O not scoring much. They did improve, but they also yielded a drive that resulted in a Prater doink as well as the almost game winner. The last drive was frustrating as the Bears got the lead but the D let Stafford have his way, and only redeemed by a rookie bumble.

I'll predict more O balance, Monty going over 100, with a few more tossed to Graham. Pagano will watch the Steeler game film and decide to let Roquan loose on a few blitzes (I hope so) to hit Barkley behind the line. Key for the D will be edge contain.

Mini-Ditkas: 24
Tiny Jints: 18
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Arkansasbear wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm Well, given that I didn't know we had a scoring system going on here, I think I'm pretty screwed being down 1194-8. I think the only chance I have is to be Sexy Rexy Grossman and unleash the dragon and throw it deep. So I'm sticking to guns with outlandish scores all year long. Pretty sure that's the only shot I have. As Reece Bobby said' "If you ain't first, you're last."
:toast: I love it!
UOK
Site Admin

Quinn was a full participant in practice today.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Bears do a good job of moving the ball between the 20's, but still struggle in the red zone. Defense comes out fired up and helps with a couple of picks, but Barkley still manages to get his yards, and a score.

Bears 23
Giants 13
Kylo Bearen
Player of the Month

UOK wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:27 pm Quinn was a full participant in practice today.
Him and Mack are both questionable for sun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswire. ... nable/amp/
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Bears 23-17
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

13-10 Bears over the Giants.
Giants resort to running Barkley and protecting their QB
Mitch faces a healthy D and looks like the first 3 quarters last week.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I’m worried that our run defense is going to struggle, but the passing offense should click better than last week.

Bears 31
Giants 24
xyt in the discord chats
dplank
Hall of Famer

HurricaneBear wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 pm
:toast: I love it!
Richie
MVP

I think the D comes out with a chip on its shoulder and that while the offense still isn't good. They compile a 4 quarter performance of being "serviceable to competent".

Bears 24
Giants 16
JaxBearsFan
Rookie

Not feeling that the same "luck" from the Wk1 win carries over. I think the defense is hiding some issues that will be made known pretty quickly. Not a ton of confidence in the offense either.

NYG 15
CHI 11
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Daniel Jones didn't look good last week, and Barkley is about all they have. If Mitch can toss the rock like he did in the 4th quarter last week, then I think we're in good shape. If we get the first 45 minutes of Mitch, it will be close. I think we win though.

Bears - 27
Giants - 13
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I think Montgomery has a good day a.d biscuit lives to fight another day. Bears pass rush looks good, but Barkley usage slows it down as game goes.

Bears 23
Giants 17
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

This game scares me. Daniel Jones wasn't bad last week. His OL was. Barkley and co. are going to run it against our Goldman-less defensive front. Don't forget that a rookie RG played Hicks to a draw most of the game. There's something wrong with him. And Mack's knee. And Quinn's ankle. The Giants defense is better than Detroit's. Mitch continues to show that he can't outplay teams who aren't protecting a lead. Home field advantages are mitigated without fans. The only sure thing we have is our DBs are really good. I'm thinking like last week, they make a crucial play late that tips the scales our way.

Bears 24 Giants 20
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

docc
Head Coach

Golden Tate active for the Giants..
UOK
Site Admin

Inactive Giants: S Adrian Colbert, RB Wayne Gallman, LB T.J. Brunson, LB Carter Coughlin, T Jackson Barton, TE Eric Tomlinson, DL R.J. McIntosh
Noots
Assistant Coach

31-19 Bears

Big day for D with sacks and turnovers.
Cohen and ARob with touchdowns.
Mitch will throw a couple picks and a couple TDS.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:33 am
Wow, Ginn inactive and Ridley still doesn't get a shot. It's not looking good for him.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Is Ginn hurt? Super surprised/confused as to why he is inactive