Discuss // Allen Robinson contract negotiation drama

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 am And not only did he not make the plays, they both resulted in turnovers. So the whole thing is compounded, and to the fans, that's bad optics.
That's what I'm saying.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
dplank
Hall of Famer

I just don’t think you’re being even handed / fair, especially when you have been such an apologist for Mitch. I sense that the fact that it made Mitch look bad has a lot to do with your level of anger.

If you take their time together in full, ARob has done FAR more for Mitch than vice versa. A couple bad plays doesn’t change that. And really, I think one of those picks was on Arob but the other was on Mitch.

I’ll give him a well deserved pass. If it keeps happening though, he gets the Pagano treatment.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

No, not the Pagano treatment! Nobody deserves that! :lol:
RichH55
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:07 pm I just don’t think you’re being even handed / fair, especially when you have been such an apologist for Mitch. I sense that the fact that it made Mitch look bad has a lot to do with your level of anger.

If you take their time together in full, ARob has done FAR more for Mitch than vice versa. A couple bad plays doesn’t change that. And really, I think one of those picks was on Arob but the other was on Mitch.

I’ll give him a well deserved pass. If it keeps happening though, he gets the Pagano treatment.
Could it have been some pushback on Robinson since people were calling him a "perennial" 1500 Yard a Season guy?

I think he deserves a pass for Sunday nonetheless
G08
Hall of Famer

I'll quote wab again:
wab wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 am And not only did he not make the plays, they both resulted in turnovers. So the whole thing is compounded, and to the fans, that's bad optics.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Umbali
MVP

Of course its bad optics mostly because its bad timing. That does not negate that he has been by far our most reliable weapon even with very spotty QB play for a few years now. The decision to sign him is only smart however if we dont spend too much. We have a lot of issues with the cap coming up and I dont wanna get into bad deals especially with more and more contracts guaranteed.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
dplank
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:23 pm Of course its bad optics mostly because its bad timing. That does not negate that he has been by far our most reliable weapon even with very spotty QB play for a few years now. The decision to sign him is only smart however if we dont spend too much. We have a lot of issues with the cap coming up and I dont wanna get into bad deals especially with more and more contracts guaranteed.
ARob is still young enough to warrant a big investment IMO. If he was a couple year older I'd feel differently about the whole thing. We just saw what Robert Woods got...Robert effing Woods, that should be a wake up call that maybe ARob's asking price isn't that crazy.
G08
Hall of Famer

Don't get me wrong, I love Allen Robinson, I loved him at Penn freaking State. Dude is a baller, but what he's doing is bad optics and his performance through 2 weeks isn't exactly endearing himself to me (like that matters :lol:)

Umbali
MVP

G08 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:27 pm Don't get me wrong, I love Allen Robinson, I loved him at Penn freaking State. Dude is a baller, but what he's doing is bad optics and his performance through 2 weeks isn't exactly endearing himself to me (like that matters :lol:)
eh, Doing something emotional like passive aggressively deleting social media stuff is so minor that its silly. Its not like he held a press conference in his drive way while doing sit ups. He is a good team guy and I can hardly connect the dots of his contract to those 2 passes on sunday.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:45 pm
G08 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:27 pm Don't get me wrong, I love Allen Robinson, I loved him at Penn freaking State. Dude is a baller, but what he's doing is bad optics and his performance through 2 weeks isn't exactly endearing himself to me (like that matters :lol:)
eh, Doing something emotional like passive aggressively deleting social media stuff is so minor that its silly. Its not like he held a press conference in his drive way while doing sit ups. He is a good team guy and I can hardly connect the dots of his contract to those 2 passes on sunday.
Good post
GSH
MVP

on the plus side, Leno's contract expires at the end of the season right?
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Umbali wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:45 pm
I miss watching TO be TO. He was a beast on the field and fool off. Both were great entertainment.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:36 pm on the plus side, Leno's contract expires at the end of the season right?
Not exactly.
He is cuttable after this year (with meaningful dead money, though).
But he has 1 year left at a typical LT price (15/32).
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

Leno's contract makes it tough to cut him after the season. He'd only net something like a 1mil cap savings according to Over the Cap. He'll very likely play out his contract.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:00 am Leno's contract makes it tough to cut him after the season. He'd only net something like a 1mil cap savings according to Over the Cap. He'll very likely play out his contract.
Should be more of a cap savings than that.

But I think the total possible cap hit for 2021 is like 11? Couple of Dummy years on back end - so I think cap savings is probably around 5?

You arent likely to get better for that 5 million but no Leno
GSH
MVP

Moriarty wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:01 am
GSH wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:36 pm on the plus side, Leno's contract expires at the end of the season right?
Not exactly.
He is cuttable after this year (with meaningful dead money, though).
But he has 1 year left at a typical LT price (15/32).
Oh, I thought he signed for 3 years before the 2018 season, playing for 2018, 2019 and 2020. My bad.