Offensive Line

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Z Bear
MVP

Neither of them are exactly breaking the bank. As long as we get average play out of the tackles we are getting good value. I
Ormazd
MVP

Arkansasbear wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:57 am
RichH55 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:56 pm

Boom
I think there is an excellent chance we go OT in the first. Depending on whose on the board. But given that 31 names will be called already, there might not be an OT in Pace’s “bundle” of players, in which case we may go ILB to find Danny’s replacement.
I saw what you did there.
:D
RichH55
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:56 am
cblaz11 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:43 am I think there were two sides coming into this season in regards to the oline.

A. People wanted both OTs replaced

B. People felt we would see improvement from
Leno and Massie with upgraded coaching

It’s only two games, but as of now it’s looking like the ones in the B group were correct. Massie and Leno have played pretty well to start the season.
Agreed, they have impressed big time. I was in group A, although not one thought we’d replace BOTH, I argued we should replace one with a high end FA to stabilize things.

Pace should extend Ifedi now and save some cash.

But these guys are playing well! I did not believe a simple coaching change would have this impact, was wrong on that. I’d eat a plate of crow but I’m on a diet.

Its still early - no crow needed yet

I do wonder how much is regression to the 2018 mean - how much is health - and how much is Castillo
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

It’s interesting that they’ve done better is run blocking than pass pro. Maybe because the simplistic offense they’re running is a little easier to read than most, or maybe that’s actually what this group excels at? Either way I’ve been happy with it, but don’t see how they can bring all five back next year. At some point the depth is gonna be tested and I’m very worried about that
xyt in the discord chats
wab
Mod

crueltyabc wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 am It’s interesting that they’ve done better is run blocking than pass pro. Maybe because the simplistic offense they’re running is a little easier to read than most, or maybe that’s actually what this group excels at? Either way I’ve been happy with it, but don’t see how they can bring all five back next year. At some point the depth is gonna be tested and I’m very worried about that
I think Ifedi was always a one year rental, but if he keeps playing as well as he has the last two weeks, not keeping him is gonna be a bad look. But honestly I think only Whitehair and Daniels are locks for next season.

What's crazy is that Massie is currently the #1 rated pass blocker in the NFL through two weeks. Daniels is like 3rd I think?
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

wab wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:37 am
crueltyabc wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 am It’s interesting that they’ve done better is run blocking than pass pro. Maybe because the simplistic offense they’re running is a little easier to read than most, or maybe that’s actually what this group excels at? Either way I’ve been happy with it, but don’t see how they can bring all five back next year. At some point the depth is gonna be tested and I’m very worried about that
I think Ifedi was always a one year rental, but if he keeps playing as well as he has the last two weeks, not keeping him is gonna be a bad look. But honestly I think only Whitehair and Daniels are locks for next season.

What's crazy is that Massie is currently the #1 rated pass blocker in the NFL through two weeks. Daniels is like 3rd I think?
I saw those ranking the other day and was floored. Now, can they keep it up.