Anthony Miller: A discussion

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

HurricaneBear
Head Coach

I was a huge Miller fan since he was drafted, but I clearly remember the concerns being size/durability, concentration drops and freelancing his routes too much. All of those are still questions about him to this day. The kid has all the talent in the world, is a super hard worker, and has a ton of confidence. If he can't put it all together the blame should lay less on Nagy and more on Furrey, and on Miller himself.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Since Nagy arrived, I'm not sure we've seen any clear growth from any young skill player on offense from one season to the next have we?

Howard - Production fell under Nagy and was traded away as a bad scheme fit

Trubisky - Nothing more to be said

Shaheen - Did nothing and was dumped

Cohen - Regressed a lot last year, looked better this year prior to injury but still not as excitingly productive as he was previously

Miller - Still frustratingly inconsistent at everything. We're still hearing comments about route running and he's dropping passes.

Wims - On the fringes

Montgomery - Shows promise, but has been no more productive so far than he was last season

Ridley - Can't even get a game

On the O-line Cody Whitehair doesn't seem better than before Nagy arrived, except his shotgun snaps are more consistent. James Daniels struggled in his second year following the move to center but did look like he was improving prior to his injury.

It's too early to make any judgements on this year's rookies.
IE
Hall of Famer

Very good point/post, HRS.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Richie
MVP

RichH55 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:26 am
Richie wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:12 pm

But what are you supposed to expect ? I agree that it wasn't an egregious drop - but he doesn't get a ton of separation so that is the type of play he needs to make

If he's a WR where if you call the EXACT right play and the Defense isn't ready for it or a coverage is blown - then he's open and will catch it -

How isn't that replaceable by 99% of the WR out there?
Miller gets open a lot. I don't know what you mean. What are you looking at that says he doesn't get open? Because he consistently gets graded well in that regard.
If he's a WR where if you call the EXACT right play and the Defense isn't ready for it or a coverage is blown - then he's open and will catch it -

How isn't that replaceable by 99% of the WR out there?
What? I think this was just worded wrong. Do you mean to say "if he's open and doesn't catch it"?

I mean, what are you referring to. The fact that he dropped that pass means he never catches passes when he is open? Based off of that one play sample size? lol.