Charley Casserly's new mock

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

https://www.nfl.com/news/charley-casser ... trey-lance

None of the top WRs slip to 20, Slater, Jenkins and Darrisaw are of the board at 20 (my biggest fear) and he has us take Newsome CB Northwestern.

I don't hate the pick, but Fields is still on the board???? I think Fields is a boom or bust kind of guy. And I think it's about 50/50, But I also admit I view him through the lenses of all thing Ohio State suck!!!!!!!! But still, o no way would I (or more importantly do I think Pace) would pass on him at 20.

If somehow he slipped to 20 and somehow Shaun Wade slipped to our third round pick and we got them both, I'd think we had made a trade with the devil but I think I might like it.
Hero
Player of the Month

No surprise. He devalues black quarterbacks every year.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I'm thinking we could trade up with Arizona to ensure getting Jenkins or Darrisaw. I keep seeing one or both getting swiped by the Vikes or Raiders every mock. It would kill me to see both off the board between the Cards and our pick.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
dplank
Hall of Famer

Hero wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:58 pm No surprise. He devalues black quarterbacks every year.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So true - every single year.
otis
Pro Bowler

Why does everyone think Denver won't take a qb? Do they really have that much faith in lock? I thought he kinda sucks
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The first 19 picks are the most amazing outcome Ryan Pace could hope for. Which would allow him to take Fields and walk away a hero.

Whatever Charlie Casserly is smoking... I want some. It must be really mind boggling. <eyes rolling>
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wulfy
MVP

Charley’s off his meds again. Or on some new ones.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

with the caveat that all mocks are complete bullshit, this one feels weirdly lazy
Wounded Bear
MVP

Hero wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:58 pm No surprise. He devalues black quarterbacks every year.
In his defense, he looks like the kind of guy who would.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Umbali
MVP

Charley has a side business advising draft picks, teaching them how to interview etc. It is a known fact that he in turn devalues prospects that dont use him. There is NO way Fields falls to 20 or worse.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers