Update: Aaron Rodgers reports to Packers camp

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

LacertineForest
MVP

Otis Day wrote:Speaking of "mature" adults showing up at frat parties, I did that about 4-5 years ago. Went to visit my daughter in college. She was in a sorority and their "brother" frat always had parties. We went and I had a blast. I was shot gunning beers, jumping off their coffee table to slam a nerf and embarrassing my daughter. It was great.
The mental image I have from your description is made all that much better by imagining the muppet from your avatar as the one doing all those things :D

I basically live to embarrass my kids now, so I look forward to doing something like this someday.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I had to jump off the coffee table due to the height of the ceiling. My first attempt, the ball hit the rim, I went tumbling about 6 ft and ran head first into the wall. Put a little divet in the drywall.

One of the other funny (to me anyway) stories to come out of that night. One of the frat guys was asking me what I did for a living. I told him I am a probation officer. He got excited and stated we had something in common. I asked if he was going into criminal justice and he stated, "No, I am on probation!!"
Xee
Site Admin

@wulfy I hear you on his willingness to burn bridges but if he's got an ego to him the lights and cameras might be another motivation to stay. Especially considering how close they got to the Super Bowl last year.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:45 am Good ol' fashioned game of Chicken here ....
Mike Florio of profootballtalk.com wrote:The Packers won’t trade the quarterback who doesn’t want to play for them because the Packers don’t believe he won’t play for them.

That’s the gist of a recent report from Matt Schneidman of TheAthletic.com, and it makes plenty of sense. Schneidman writes that the Packers would trade Rodgers if the Packers “believed he was truly committed to never playing for them again,” and if the Packers “wanted to get draft picks and players in return instead of forcing him to retire.”

While to a certain extent obvious given the current posture of quarterback and player, the news here is that the Packers don’t buy the idea that Rodgers will refuse to show up and play for them. The question of whether they’d prefer draft picks and players and letting him play elsewhere over the money they’d get back from him if he retires (nearly $30 million in bonuses plus salary avoidance, starting with $14.7 million this year) doesn’t become relevant until the Packers conclude that he will never play for them again.
My money is on the Packers flinching first - this is a guy who gives zero ****s about destroying personal relationships. Ask his entire family or Olivia Munn or Danica Patrick ... or anyone else he's ever been close to.
Tough crowd - though in fairness none of Wulfy's Exs would ever say anything negative about him:)
wulfy
MVP

:love: :love: :love: :love:
Don’t kid yourself, Rich …. they are all still pining for me!
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:14 pm :love: :love: :love: :love:
Don’t kid yourself, Rich …. they are all still pining for me!
I don't doubt it!

To counter my argument - Most of my Exs would have terrible things to say and would be right

So maybe I can't play in Green Bay anymore either
wulfy
MVP

To be fair, a better example may have been his fractured relationship with his family. And it's no one's business, but my point is that if someone pisses him off, he has no issues putting them in the rear view mirror.
wulfy
MVP

Adam Schefter: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is not expected to attend Green Bay's mandatory minicamp that starts Tuesday, per sources. Green Bay could opt to fine him $93,085 for his absence or it could make it an excused absence and waive the fine. But Rodgers is not expected there.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:31 pm Adam Schefter: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is not expected to attend Green Bay's mandatory minicamp that starts Tuesday, per sources. Green Bay could opt to fine him $93,085 for his absence or it could make it an excused absence and waive the fine. But Rodgers is not expected there.
Him not showing will give us Bears fan something more to laugh about until training camps start (in July?). It'll give Pack fans major heartbreak. They'll really have to put Love under the microscope and see if they think he can be effective this year if called into service.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

What Rogers wants (aside from more money) is for the Packers FO and Lafluer to publicly come out and say how much they miss him, and they aren't going to be nearly as good without him. He wants to have his ass kissed. It's not going to happen. If LaFluer is a good coach, and the Packers FO is at all competent, they are going to keep talking about their confidence in who they have right now. Which will just piss Erin Rogers off more.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Week 1 he will be there and this will all feel as distant as Russ to Chicago feels now.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:22 pm Week 1 he will be there and this will all feel as distant as Russ to Chicago feels now.
There was next to 0 chance of Russ coming to Chicago. There's even less of a chance of Aaron Rodgers not playing for the Packers week 1. He learned from the best how to be a diva thats nearing the end of their career. Hopefully Rodgers career will end in similar fashion to that other douche bag
docc
Head Coach

He losses $500K plus $93K by not attending..
WP.1
Player of the Month

"From the people I've talked to, Rodgers isn't budging off his stance and it isn't about money, as he has declined an offer from the Packers already that would have paid him $40+mil per."
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Maybe he's tired of looking up in the stands and seeing this:

Couldn't happen to a better group of people or a nicer guy. Fuck them.
wulfy
MVP

dplank wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:22 pm Week 1 he will be there and this will all feel as distant as Russ to Chicago feels now.
I disagree.

I think he's played his last game for the Packers. I don't know who he plays for next - Denver seems to be the leader in the clubhouse right now.

Carolina?
Seattle for Russ?
Raiders of Carr+?
Houston?
dplank
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:38 am
I disagree.

I think he's played his last game for the Packers. I don't know who he plays for next - Denver seems to be the leader in the clubhouse right now.

Carolina?
Seattle for Russ?
Raiders of Carr+?
Houston?
He's still a -180 bet to play for the Packers. Trust Vegas. But good lord I hope you're right man.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:20 am Maybe he's tired of looking up in the stands and seeing this:

I was lucky enough to be in the stands the game in which Sweetness set the single game rushing record. There was a Bears fan a couple of rows down, similar physique, naked from the waist up on a frigid day, waving a half-empty bottle of Jack. Not a pretty sight.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

He set the record against the Vikes, 10-7 Bears win.
UOK
Site Admin

dplank
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:59 pm
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Wounded Bear
MVP

Grizzled wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:52 pm
They'll really have to put Love under the microscope....
Shouldn’t we all have to put Love under a microscope, people?

Or are we frightened that we will see something that may horrify us? Something about ourselves perhaps?

Thank you for that moment of contemplation, Grizzled.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
wulfy
MVP

This is bad news IMO, this makes it obvious they need to do anything to bring back Rodgers
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:20 am Maybe he's tired of looking up in the stands and seeing this:

What pronoun should I use for this, um, person(?)? It? lol

Picture of a "Packer falling out."

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

@Yogi da Bear

It wouldn't surprise me if Packer "women" gave birth out of their asshole.

And regarding the pronoun I would think that person identifies as a pizza.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:59 pm

I've always wondered if part of the Packer 2 minute drill involves looking for the flag at the end of every play and then having a favorable penalty on a failed 3rd down conversion. Yes I'm convinced the league rigs it in their favor and I'm being serious.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:26 pm @Yogi da Bear

It wouldn't surprise me if Packer "women" gave birth out of their asshole.

And regarding the pronoun I would think that person identifies as a pizza.
Lol.

Nah, Pizza would be the guy that Grizzled identified--a Chicago thing. This guy is more a Wisconsin Braunshweiger and Lindberger Melt.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:37 pm I had to jump off the coffee table due to the height of the ceiling. My first attempt, the ball hit the rim, I went tumbling about 6 ft and ran head first into the wall. Put a little divet in the drywall.

One of the other funny (to me anyway) stories to come out of that night. One of the frat guys was asking me what I did for a living. I told him I am a probation officer. He got excited and stated we had something in common. I asked if he was going into criminal justice and he stated, "No, I am on probation!!"
Ahahahahahahah

That shits funny.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

I think he's upset that Tampa moved heaven and earth to get Brady any help they could, and all the stars aligned and they won a Super Bowl. Meanwhile he's carrying whole team on his back every year and they don't pursue free agents and don't draft weapons for him.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Rodgers has had the refs for his entire career. What other help does he want?