Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

OH HELL YEAH GIMME ALL TEH DRAMA
Xee
Site Admin

This being leaked from team sources on the eve of the draft doesn't seem like a coincidence. Not sure who this really benefits though.
WP.1
Player of the Month

Thanks LaFleur
UOK
Site Admin

Xee
Site Admin

Well that answers my question, @UOK. haha
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Inject this straight into my veins.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
UOK
Site Admin

IE
Hall of Famer

I'm going to GUESS the Niners are going to trade #3 for Rodgers. Then I'm going to HOPE the Pack selects Trey Lance at 3 (after all, he's a northern kid, a great athlete and a bit Favre-like with a hint of Cam Newton) ... and then I'm going to PRAY that both Lance and Love BOMB.

I actually really like Rodgers as a person, and have so much respect for him as a player. I'd LOVE to see him succeed outside of Green Bay. I fucking HATE Green Bay and I'd love to be able to just purely hate them instead of this nasty respect/hate thing I've had to endure with Rodgers.

Other option of the Raiders is really something to think about. Rodgers to Raiders. Mariota resigned & sticks. Raiders need a suitor for Carr. Bears offer the 20 and next year's first (which will be low) for Carr and Raider's 4th rounder.

Bears trade Dalton or Foles for pocket change, and Draft an OT and WR in the 2nd and 3rd, a CB in the 4th, and fill out the draft with defenders and maybe a running back.

Edit: Can you imagine Carr as Bear QB in an NFC North with Carr, Lance, Goff and Cousins?
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Umbali
MVP

God...i can only imagine him leaving GB.

That would make this year the best year in football I have had in years lmao
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

This drama is way more interesting to me than where rookie QBs 3 4 and 5 go tonight.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Rumours the 49ers sounded out a trade for Rogers for their 3rd overall pick (plus more) given what they gave up for that pick is an eye-opener. You'd have thought the haul Miami received for that pick would have been more tempting for the Packers and might perhaps have worked out cheaper for the 49ers. With a first round QB in the wings and Rogers age, a trade wouldn't be bad for the Packers at all if they can get a good return of high picks over the next couple of years. It would be just our luck if our celebrations at Rogers' departure turned into despair as it turns out the Packers made the right move.
docc
Head Coach

An NFL player has never been traded after winning the MVP award in the previous season. The only MVPs to not return to their team in the season after winning the award were Norm Van Brocklin (retired after winning in 1960) and Jim Brown (retired after winning in 1965).

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract, but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Rodgers gone and the Packers sucking for a decade or more sounds awesome to me
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

LOLOL! A CB in the 1st round. Not even an OT. I hope Rodgers can' see out of the eye the Packers didn't stick a finger into.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

We heard rumblings of issues before with Rodgers and the Pack and it always amounts to nothing. believe it when I see it! and then I will run down the streets screaming in joy
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Are they stupid or do they hate him? I mean wtf reaching for a CB instead of drafting ANYONE on offense when they have legit needs? It’s incredible that they’re just daring him to chill out and host Jeopardy for a year
xyt in the discord chats
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:24 pm Are they stupid or do they hate him? I mean wtf reaching for a CB instead of drafting ANYONE on offense when they have legit needs? It’s incredible that they’re just daring him to chill out and host Jeopardy for a year

Yeah, it's funny because before the pack even picked, lots of people on twitter were watching those wr's going early for teams with young qb's and commenting "that's how you support your qb", in reference to the pack and their situation... and then when the pack took a CB I fucking laughed my ass off about it.
Xee
Site Admin

I read some packer fans saying that their secondary was the reason they lost the NFC championship so this made perfect sense. I didn't watch the game so I can't speak to that but even if that's true, I don't see how it makes sense to piss off your QB even more. What's the good in having a great CB (who knows if that will be the case) if you don't have a QB?
WP.1
Player of the Month

dplank
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:34 pm I read some packer fans saying that their secondary was the reason they lost the NFC championship so this made perfect sense. I didn't watch the game so I can't speak to that but even if that's true, I don't see how it makes sense to piss off your QB even more. What's the good in having a great CB (who knows if that will be the case) if you don't have a QB?
Not only that, but according to the Kiper-heads they reached hard on that pick as he was rated a 2nd rounder lol
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Fuck Green Bay.

A tiny shithole town that if the league were remade today they would be laughed out of consideration for a team. A fanbase so full of themselves that they actually have the balls to call themselves shareholders. They're nothing but a bunch of low IQ inbred sister fucking hill people. Probably the only black people in that town are those that work for the team.

For the past 20+ years they've benefited by having two consecutive HOF QBs pulled out of their ass and a laughingly biased amount of referee favorability. They are where they are in my opinion because if the games were called fair and square they'd drift into mediocrity, suffer financially, and need a bailout or be forced to move.

Let them rot.
docc
Head Coach

BREAKING: The Brooklyn Nets sign Aaron Rodgers to a 4-year $171 million deal, sources tell ESPN

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:48 pm Fuck Green Bay.

A tiny shithole town that if the league were remade today they would be laughed out of consideration for a team. A fanbase so full of themselves that they actually have the balls to call themselves shareholders. They're nothing but a bunch of low IQ inbred sister fucking hill people. Probably the only black people in that town are those that work for the team.

For the past 20+ years they've benefited by having two consecutive HOF QBs pulled out of their ass and a laughingly biased amount of referee favorability. They are where they are in my opinion because if the games were called fair and square they'd drift into mediocrity, suffer financially, and need a bailout or be forced to move.

Let them rot.
aussiebear99
Practice Squad

1st round pick was a CB, their 9th defensive player chosen in the 1st round in the last 10 years .. the offensive player being, of course, QB Jordan Love.

Gonna see if I can embed a tweet here ..

">
Wounded Bear
MVP

Rodgers is now asking that the GM, Gutekunst, be fired.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
docc
Head Coach

"Erin Rodgers has also asked to anointed a hetro...er...(not that there's... 8-)
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Screw that entitled piece of shit. I'm guessing when he gets a red light in traffic he looks for a flag too.

Fuck him.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I see this no different than him faking a limp so that he can come back in a game and have the announcers all sliver over his Johnson. Drama queen. He will play and I hope we end his career properly, like Whooten did Favre.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Loving the situation. Maybe they'll throw a new contract at him, money has a way of soothing hurt feelings.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.