Update: Aaron Rodgers reports to Packers camp

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wulfy
MVP

Per Rob Demovsky (ESPN's Packer reporter ... long time guy, covering the Packers since '97):
Aaron Rodgers was NOT among the group of players who reported to Lambeau Field on Monday for the start of OTAs.

Per Albert Breer:
Rodgers forfeiting a $500K workout bonus.

Per Adam Schefter:
Throughout his career, Rodgers has been a regular participant in offseason program and OTAs.
Xee
Site Admin

Man, forfeiting $500k really puts into perspective the wealth of the upper NFL players.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Xee wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:11 am Man, forfeiting $500k really puts into perspective the wealth of the upper NFL players.
Yep, that's maybe a day of filming for State Farm (which I will never ever use).
Kylo Bearen
Player of the Month

docc wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:07 pm Image

"Karen Rodgers" wants to talk to the manager RIGHT NOW..
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

I think that Aaron Rodgers and Lebron James should marry:

They deserve each other:

Together forever. :love:
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Until Rodgers actually signs with another team, I'm not going to believe that he is leaving. I can't IMAGINE that Green Bay would let him walk, for anything.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:39 pm
Xee wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:11 am Man, forfeiting $500k really puts into perspective the wealth of the upper NFL players.
Yep, that's maybe a day of filming for State Farm (which I will never ever use).
Running those commercials in the Chicago market is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Anyway, the drama up there is fantastic and they deserve every second of this.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:09 pm Until Rodgers actually signs with another team, I'm not going to believe that he is leaving. I can't IMAGINE that Green Bay would let him walk, for anything.
I tend to agree with you. He has SO MUCH to lose.

But if it happened, I'd sure be a happy guy.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:33 pm
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:09 pm Until Rodgers actually signs with another team, I'm not going to believe that he is leaving. I can't IMAGINE that Green Bay would let him walk, for anything.

Happy? No. Happy is when you hit all green lights on the way home, happy is when you make a Full House on the River. That's happy. I'd be fucking ecstatic, and laugh at all of the GB fans in my family as they cry big fat fucking tears.
wulfy
MVP

I want the Packers to dig in and refuse to trade him.

And he retires to host Jeopardy ... and the Packers get NOTHING.

Winter Is Coming.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:33 pm

His net worth is $120 mill, I think he will be fine.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

They have been bad about maximizing him for most of his career
dplank
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:49 am I want the Packers to dig in and refuse to trade him.

And he retires to host Jeopardy ... and the Packers get NOTHING.

Winter Is Coming.
I still watch Jeopardy now and again, so hard no. I don't wanna see that giant dick on TV until he's an old man, would rather he retire quietly and not be heard from again.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

I enjoyed him on Jeopardy

Though it speaks to a weakness - You want someone as beloved as possible hosting - And Sports fans - well they have their favorites and not so favorites
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

RichH55 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:45 pm I enjoyed him on Jeopardy

Though it speaks to a weakness - You want someone as beloved as possible hosting - And Sports fans - well they have their favorites and not so favorites
Most of the people watching Jeopardy have no idea who Aaron Rodgers is, and don't care about football.
WP.1
Player of the Month

Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Allen Lazard, Devin Funchess and Equanimeous St. Brown were all no-shows at the start of this week's voluntary program, per Schefter.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

WP.1 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:21 am Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Allen Lazard, Devin Funchess and Equanimeous St. Brown were all no-shows at the start of this week's voluntary program, per Schefter.
Oh this is getting good. Rodgers has already baited Adams into following him wherever he decides to go. Scantling and St. Brown don't have the clout to be pulling this crap yet, and the Green Bay FO will fine them if they don't show up for TC. This is also a slap in the face to Jordan Love by his receiver corps. LOVE. IT.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Oh wait, it gets even better:
As of right now, the Packers are slated to be about $34M over the cap in 2022. They can get under by trading/cutting Aaron Rodgers and converting roster bonuses of David Bakhtiari, Kenny Clark and AaronJones into signing bonuses but that would only just get them under Keep in mind this doesn't include a big $ extension for Adams. They'll also have to pay Alexander, Jenkins, Gary and Savage soon. Bottom line, the Packers put themselves in a hole with all the back loading they did this offseason. If Jordon Love flops this could blow up quickly
:applaud:
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Most of the people watching Jeopardy have no idea who Aaron Rodgers is, and don't care about football.
I have to ask just how did you come up with such an odd idea?
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

This just gets better and better.
wab
Mod

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:39 pm
This reminds me of when the college dude would show up to high school parties.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Does this mean I can now go to a Frat Party at 61? lol
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I don't know about that. But on one of the shows he hosted the answer was "in the 1960s these midwesterns won 5 championship trophies" and none of the contestants knew the question was "who are the Green Bay Pukers."

https://people.com/sports/aaron-rodgers ... -question/

Although Erin blew as when he "answered" it he didn't do so in the form of a question. :welcome:
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

wab wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:52 pmThis reminds me of when the college dude would show up to high school parties.
:rofl:

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:40 am Oh wait, it gets even better:
As of right now, the Packers are slated to be about $34M over the cap in 2022. They can get under by trading/cutting Aaron Rodgers and converting roster bonuses of David Bakhtiari, Kenny Clark and AaronJones into signing bonuses but that would only just get them under Keep in mind this doesn't include a big $ extension for Adams. They'll also have to pay Alexander, Jenkins, Gary and Savage soon. Bottom line, the Packers put themselves in a hole with all the back loading they did this offseason. If Jordon Love flops this could blow up quickly
:applaud:
thunderspirit
Head Coach

I know that, come September, this is likely all in the past and Rodgers is back slinging the pill all over the field in puke green and piss yellow.

But right now? I am thoroughly enjoying the schadenfreude. Fuck the Packers.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Totally disagree.

That said fun watching the drama play out, but agree with those that it's still more likely than not he's QB for Packers when season starts.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
wulfy
MVP

Good ol' fashioned game of Chicken here ....
Mike Florio of profootballtalk.com wrote:The Packers won’t trade the quarterback who doesn’t want to play for them because the Packers don’t believe he won’t play for them.

That’s the gist of a recent report from Matt Schneidman of TheAthletic.com, and it makes plenty of sense. Schneidman writes that the Packers would trade Rodgers if the Packers “believed he was truly committed to never playing for them again,” and if the Packers “wanted to get draft picks and players in return instead of forcing him to retire.”

While to a certain extent obvious given the current posture of quarterback and player, the news here is that the Packers don’t buy the idea that Rodgers will refuse to show up and play for them. The question of whether they’d prefer draft picks and players and letting him play elsewhere over the money they’d get back from him if he retires (nearly $30 million in bonuses plus salary avoidance, starting with $14.7 million this year) doesn’t become relevant until the Packers conclude that he will never play for them again.
My money is on the Packers flinching first - this is a guy who gives zero ****s about destroying personal relationships. Ask his entire family or Olivia Munn or Danica Patrick ... or anyone else he's ever been close to.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

If A A Ron doesn't think the Pack are taking him serious, me thinks that will piss him off all the more. He has plenty of $ and can make plenty more from State Farm and whoever else wants to pay him.

Speaking of "mature" adults showing up at frat parties, I did that about 4-5 years ago. Went to visit my daughter in college. She was in a sorority and their "brother" frat always had parties. We went and I had a blast. I was shot gunning beers, jumping off their coffee table to slam a nerf and embarrassing my daughter. It was great.