Update: Aaron Rodgers reports to Packers camp

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

wab wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:15 pm
Xee wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:12 pm Loving the drama, especially since when I hopped over to the Packers subreddit it looks like a lot of the fans are way past tired of it and just want it to be over. Hope it gets dragged out all the way to the first game. ;)
My dream scenario is that he pulls a Le'Veon Bell and sits out until the Packers trade him mid-season.
If we are talking dreams, the best would be for him to play out the next two years and we cream them and they don't make the playoffs.

He then pulls a Brady and signs as a free agent somewhere else and they don't get any draft capital for him.
IE
Hall of Famer

I hate the Packers. I used to hate him but he's been so unbelievably good that I like him as a player. I still want the Bears to beat him soundly. That's something they need to do - like when the Bulls had to finally beat and get by the Pistons. It's a right of passage.

If mean reversion is a thing (and I REALLY want it to be a thing in this case), I'm due for Bear domination of the Pack for basically the rest of my life. I'll be good with it for Fields' 15-year Bear career (at least). Maybe the Bears will draft two HOF franchise QBs in a row. It CAN happen.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
aussiebear99
Practice Squad

And now apparently Davante Adams may also leave if Rodgers leaves. Adams' contract is up after the 2021 season.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Davante Adams knows the Sugar Daddy is pissed and he doesn't want to get exposed.

Only a stud like ARob can be successful with an entire career to date of shitty QBs.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:48 pm Fuck Green Bay.

A tiny shithole town that if the league were remade today they would be laughed out of consideration for a team. A fanbase so full of themselves that they actually have the balls to call themselves shareholders. They're nothing but a bunch of low IQ inbred sister fucking hill people. Probably the only black people in that town are those that work for the team.

For the past 20+ years they've benefited by having two consecutive HOF QBs pulled out of their ass and a laughingly biased amount of referee favorability. They are where they are in my opinion because if the games were called fair and square they'd drift into mediocrity, suffer financially, and need a bailout or be forced to move.

Let them rot.
I've known folks from the Green Bay area and I've been to Lambeau Field for a game. Maybe you haven't. IMO, Green Bay is the best setup for a team in the NFL. The team is owned by the community. Property taxes pay for stadium renovations and such and the taxpayers get a couple tickets to a game via a lottery system.

The stadium is right in the middle of town, surrounded by neighborhoods. Vendors put up tents on the street on gameday to serve beer, food, etc. where fans hang out a short walk from Lambeau. Town people walk to the game. And for those who don't have tickets for the game, all over town, people have tailgate parties in their yards, where they can hear the crowd.

Compare that to rich businessmen owned teams who cry for new stadium tax dollars and then pocket piles of dough as their team value goes up and reward their taxpayer fans with STLs. Or what about those who don't get the stadium tax dollars they wanted who picked up their teams and just yanked them away from their loyal fans, moving to another city, sometimes in the dark of night. And then there are the football ignorant owners (like ours) who who prioritize the steady gravy train over winning championships. Or the football ignorant owners who think they know football and make football moves to try to win, but shoot themselves in the foot time after time. Are these examples better than what they do in Green Bay? I'd contend they're not.

I hate the Packers. But I don't hate the way their team is setup.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

aussiebear99 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:39 pm And now apparently Davante Adams may also leave if Rodgers leaves. Adams' contract is up after the 2021 season.
Consider for a moment... Allen Robinson and Davante Adams split wide with Darnell Mooney in the slot and Justin Fields at QB. Matt Nagy wouldn't know what to do with himself.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
IE
Hall of Famer

Pay for both Robinson and Adams? OK... I won't ruin your dream.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

Mikefive wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:21 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:48 pm Fuck Green Bay.

A tiny shithole town that if the league were remade today they would be laughed out of consideration for a team. A fanbase so full of themselves that they actually have the balls to call themselves shareholders. They're nothing but a bunch of low IQ inbred sister fucking hill people. Probably the only black people in that town are those that work for the team.

For the past 20+ years they've benefited by having two consecutive HOF QBs pulled out of their ass and a laughingly biased amount of referee favorability. They are where they are in my opinion because if the games were called fair and square they'd drift into mediocrity, suffer financially, and need a bailout or be forced to move.

Let them rot.
I've known folks from the Green Bay area and I've been to Lambeau Field for a game. Maybe you haven't. IMO, Green Bay is the best setup for a team in the NFL. The team is owned by the community. Property taxes pay for stadium renovations and such and the taxpayers get a couple tickets to a game via a lottery system.

The stadium is right in the middle of town, surrounded by neighborhoods. Vendors put up tents on the street on gameday to serve beer, food, etc. where fans hang out a short walk from Lambeau. Town people walk to the game. And for those who don't have tickets for the game, all over town, people have tailgate parties in their yards, where they can hear the crowd.

Compare that to rich businessmen owned teams who cry for new stadium tax dollars and then pocket piles of dough as their team value goes up and reward their taxpayer fans with STLs. Or what about those who don't get the stadium tax dollars they wanted who picked up their teams and just yanked them away from their loyal fans, moving to another city, sometimes in the dark of night. And then there are the football ignorant owners (like ours) who who prioritize the steady gravy train over winning championships. Or the football ignorant owners who think they know football and make football moves to try to win, but shoot themselves in the foot time after time. Are these examples better than what they do in Green Bay? I'd contend they're not.

You are not wrong. I hate the Packers, but the Green Bay/Lambeau experience is probably one of the best sporting experiences you'll ever have.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 am
Mikefive wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:21 am I've known folks from the Green Bay area and I've been to Lambeau Field for a game. Maybe you haven't. IMO, Green Bay is the best setup for a team in the NFL. The team is owned by the community. Property taxes pay for stadium renovations and such and the taxpayers get a couple tickets to a game via a lottery system.

You are not wrong. I hate the Packers, but the Green Bay/Lambeau experience is probably one of the best sporting experiences you'll ever have.
Maybe I'll take a trip up there once Rodgers is gone and, God-willing, Fields is consistently kicking their ass twice a season (if not thrice).
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I've been through Green Bay in the off-season. What a depressing, shit hole of a town. I need to go on a game day and experience it the correct way I guess.
Wounded Bear
MVP

Let’s get this thread back on track.

I am going to level with you guys, I don’t care for Aaron Rodgers.

Alright, continue...
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

I heard lambeau doesn't even have a pool
Wounded Bear
MVP

RustinFields wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:00 pm I heard lambeau doesn't even have a pool
Those motherfuckers.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Z Bear
MVP

Now the Pack just signed Blake Bortles. How depressing to live in Green Bay and have to go from Rodgers to Bortles, lol.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Z Bear wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:44 pm Now the Pack just signed Blake Bortles. How depressing to live in Green Bay and have to go from Rodgers to Bortles, lol.
Hahaha.... that is something the Bears would do. Maybe the tables have finally turned in our favor.
docc
Head Coach

Blake Dam Bortles ..JA..JA..JA...!!!
Wounded Bear
MVP

Holy shit, THE Blake Bortles?

Now they have all the leverage they need to negotiate with Rodgers.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Z Bear wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:44 pm Now the Pack just signed Blake Bortles. How depressing to live in Green Bay and have to go from Rodgers to Bortles, lol.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Knowing the Bears luck, Bortles will be the 2nd coming of Drew Brees.
wulfy
MVP

What does that say about Jordan Love?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

If A A ron is gone, Bortles is the proverbial veteran presence for Love.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:55 am What does that say about Jordan Love?
They must think he sucks right? Otherwise they would have traded Rodgers for a million picks before the draft.

Even if they kiss and make up with Rodgers

1) it’ll be temporary because the cap situation is a mess

2) it’s nice to have it virtually confirmed that they wasted that Love pick and don’t have the next guy lined up yet.
xyt in the discord chats
Xee
Site Admin

Some Packer fans are saying Bortles was brought in just be another camp arm while others counter that he could probably be the number 2 on a lot of teams so the Packers wouldn't have brought him just for training camp. So to your question, if the latter is true, it doesn't sound like Love is ready yet even after sitting on the bench for what, 2 years now?
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Xee wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:20 am
Some Packer fans are saying Bortles was brought in just be another camp arm while others counter that he could probably be the number 2 on a lot of teams so the Packers wouldn't have brought him just for training camp. So to your question, if the latter is true, it doesn't sound like Love is ready yet even after sitting on the bench for what, 2 years now?
Before I say anything else, let me be clear: I am fully expecting the diva to be playing week one. But as of right now? Doesn't this sound alot like the Bears over the years? Questions about the starter so they bring in a "veteran" who in all reality sucks ass but has just enough doubt that the fans convince themselves he has a chance to be the guy. Plus a young guy who there is hope for but in reality also probably sucks ass. Even if its just for a few months so that diva can get out of training camp, its nice to see the Packers having to deal with a typical Bears problem
Wounded Bear
MVP

It says that Pace isn’t the only stupid shit to move up in the first round to grab a worthless QB. :clap:
Neil deGrasse Tyson
dplank
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:20 am
Just 1 year for Love. Still not a ringing endorsement to bring in a guy like Bortles, but I'm guessing he'd be the backup to Love if Erin were to actually quit - which I don't believe for a second.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

This is fucking hilarious.

And just think. Somewhere there is a cheesehead “shareholder” relieved that the Puke signed Bortles because they’re scared shitless of Jordan Love.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

As Bears fans, we should show theses "shareholders" some tricks to deal with this. Like, let's focus on the fact that Bortles was the top QB in the 2014 draft and ignore that he actually, in fact, sucks. This will help slow the emptiness creeping up inside.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Yes we should absolutely do our part to encourage them. I’d hate for them to have a mass suicide a la Jonestown or something.

We can tell them that Bortles is a former #1 pick. I wonder if Bortles has some sort of nebulous connection to a coach or a receiver at Green Bay and we can talk up the angle about how that’s great for his performance.
Like the people who believe Dalton will be worth a damn because we have Lazor.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Blake Bortles...LOLOL. Even if he's just to be brought into camp as an arm, it doesn't address any of Erin's concerns.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.