Excited Delirium Over Fields

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Mahomes was NOT the reason the Chiefs lost the last Super Bowl. He had five drops in that game (11% drop percentage), including two for TDs. He had only a 15% bad throw percentage as opposed to the 20% he had against San Francisco the year before despite being pressured on more than 37% of the snaps as opposed to 24% against the Niners. Him having an extra year would NOT have helped him win the last Super Bowl unless it would have somehow put stickem on his receivers' hands.

And NO, for his first three years, Rodgers was NOT better than Favre. Sorry.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:24 pm Bring on the Justin Fields era IMO. Our window with a great D is closing fast, I see a Rapesburger rookie Super Bowl coming if this D reverts to 2018. Fields would be an instant legend.
I know right?

That potential is there isn't it?

Dude, if Soldier Fields was the Bears QB in a Super Bowl (and they were there BECAUSE of him not in SPITE of him) he would be the biggest single star in Chicago since Jordan. Even bigger than the Blackhawks.

Fields has a chance to own this town for 15 years. I get goosebumps just thinking about this.

Just let me get in touch with my inner meatball for a moment. Fields shows up and is even like 85% of Deshaun Watson in year 1. The Bears make the playoffs with him at QB. He achieves legend status. Then in years 2 and 3 he gets to a runrate where he is a top 5 QB in this league. Unreal.
IE
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:50 pm Mahomes was NOT the reason the Chiefs lost the last Super Bowl. He had five drops in that game (11% drop percentage), including two for TDs. He had only a 15% bad throw percentage as opposed to the 20% he had against San Francisco the year before despite being pressured on more than 37% of the snaps as opposed to 24% against the Niners. Him having an extra year would NOT have helped him win the last Super Bowl unless it would have somehow put stickem on his receivers' hands.

I'm thinking you misunderstood. The point wasn't Mahomes was the reason they lost this year. They should have been to 3 superbowls already.

Favre was more legend than great for most of his career. Rodgers was great out of the gate, and that indicates that gate was late. I contend that Rodgers could have won another ring with that 2006-7 team, since he stepped right in and played at least as good as Favre immediately (much to our chagrin). In Rodgers' first two seasons of sitting, Favre put up ratings in the 70s. Favre couldn't hold Rodgers' jock, and there is no evidence that sitting helped Rodgers at all.

All this reasoning or logic that "sitting is necessary" is just a fallacy of correlation and causation, and cherry picking all at the same time (because there are plenty of examples of guys needing no wait).
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:48 am
dplank wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:24 pm Bring on the Justin Fields era IMO. Our window with a great D is closing fast, I see a Rapesburger rookie Super Bowl coming if this D reverts to 2018. Fields would be an instant legend.
I know right?

Dude, if Soldier Fields was the Bears QB in a Super Bowl (and they were there BECAUSE of him not in SPITE of him) he would be the biggest single star in Chicago since Jordan. Even bigger than the Blackhawks.

Fields has a chance to own this town for 15 years. I get goosebumps just thinking about this.

Just let me get in touch with my inner meatball for a moment. Fields shows up and is even like 85% of Deshaun Watson in year 1. The Bears make the playoffs with him at QB. He achieves legend status. Then in years 2 and 3 he gets to a runrate where he is a top 5 QB in this league. Unreal.
So this actually sets up really well, if you want to go full meatball.

Fields beats out all QB's for the starting role.
Jenkins and Ifedi play like the 1st round talent they were graded at, at LT/RT respectively.
Desai comes in and re-installs Fangio's defense from 2018, with a few genius twists.
Mooney becomes the WR we all hoped he would be.
A-Rob sticks around for another year.
Kmet steps up to be an impact TE opposite Graham.
Mustipher continues his leadership at C flanked by Daniels and Whitehair.

It could work!
dplank
Hall of Famer

RichH55 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:06 pm
dplank wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:56 pm

I’m firmly of the opinion that playing him is what’s best for his development.
Gotcha - I think we disagree there

I tend to think sitting is helpful for every Rookie QB for at least some time : Brady, Maholmes, and Rodgers all sat

If the new LT is the goods from Day 1 - that would help mitigate my concern - but I am not certain of that either
yea we do, and that's ok. You can point to Brady, Mahomes, and Rodgers. I can point to Russell Wilson, Ben Rapesburger, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, etc etc. There are numerous examples of guys succeeding who started as rookies and there are numerous examples of guys succeeding who sat as rookies. So logically speaking, that renders these examples useless in the context of this discussion. I don't see any correlation at all, I think some guys are just good at football and others aren't, and when they see the field is largely irrelevant to their ultimate success or failure as a player. If Fields is going to be great, he'll still be great even if he starts Week 1 and struggles. Injury risk would be my one and only reason to not play him, and playing the Rams gives me a little pause, but I really believe our OL is going to be pretty good this year.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:16 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:48 am

I know right?

Jenkins and Ifedi play like the 1st round talent they were graded at, at LT/RT respectively.
Desai comes in and re-installs Fangio's defense from 2018, with a few genius twists.

It could work!
Oh, I'm a meatball for sure then. Because I think all of this is what I believe is going to happen.

IE
Hall of Famer

It could work!
I don't even think it is meatball to expect that most of all this happens. It seems to me they are all more likely than not likely... there is some supporting evidence. Did you mean Miller instead of Mooney? Because that would be better, if perhaps less likely.

I really think the only real mystery or one that has a lot of uncertainty to happen is the Desai one... nobody knows, and it is *possible* he could end up with worse strategies and making worse decisions than Pagano. But since we seem to think Pagano was holding the defense back, it probably isn't even a stretch to think that they'll be better if Desai simply re-instates Fangio's philosophies for the most part.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

IE wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:40 am
Yogi da Bear wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:50 pm Mahomes was NOT the reason the Chiefs lost the last Super Bowl. He had five drops in that game (11% drop percentage), including two for TDs. He had only a 15% bad throw percentage as opposed to the 20% he had against San Francisco the year before despite being pressured on more than 37% of the snaps as opposed to 24% against the Niners. Him having an extra year would NOT have helped him win the last Super Bowl unless it would have somehow put stickem on his receivers' hands.

I'm thinking you misunderstood. The point wasn't Mahomes was the reason they lost this year. They should have been to 3 superbowls already.

Favre was more legend than great for most of his career. Rodgers was great out of the gate, and that indicates that gate was late. I contend that Rodgers could have won another ring with that 2006-7 team, since he stepped right in and played at least as good as Favre immediately (much to our chagrin). In Rodgers' first two seasons of sitting, Favre put up ratings in the 70s. Favre couldn't hold Rodgers' jock, and there is no evidence that sitting helped Rodgers at all.

All this reasoning or logic that "sitting is necessary" is just a fallacy of correlation and causation, and cherry picking all at the same time (because there are plenty of examples of guys needing no wait).
Oh, I see. I did misunderstand. Still hard to concede that though.

Against the Titans, Alex Smith went 24-33 for 264 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 Picks. Hard to simply accept that Mahomes would have played better as a rookie. Hard to say that he would have gotten by the Titans, let alone the Jaguars, or the Patriots (who he couldn't get by a year later), and the Eagles (who were absolutely dominant in the Super Bowl).

With Rodgers, it's even harder to accept. All accounts were that Rodgers struggled early in his career, and his 39.8 and 48.2 QBRs in his first two years (although in extremely limited appearances) seem to reflect that. In fact, it wasn't until Mike McCarthy took over after Rodgers' first season and put him through his own QB school for six hours a day working on his mechanics and his motor skills, mechanics, and release point that he started to do better.

Brett Favre meanwhile finished in Green Bay leading them to a 13-3 record with a 95.6 QBR (Rodgers had a 93.8 QBR the following year). Favre then went to the Jets where he took a 4-12 team to 9-7. Then he went to the Vikings damn near taking them to the Super Bowl, only losing in overtime to the Saints in the Championship Game.

Yeah, I still don't think your contention really holds water. In fact, I'd say that Rodgers is the poster boy for sitting a QB for a couple of years.
IE
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:34 am
IE wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:40 am

Oh, I see. I did misunderstand. Still hard to concede that though.

Against the Titans, Alex Smith went 24-33 for 264 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 Picks. Hard to simply accept that Mahomes would have played better as a rookie. Hard to say that he would have gotten by the Titans, let alone the Jaguars, or the Patriots (who he couldn't get by a year later), and the Eagles (who were absolutely dominant in the Super Bowl).

With Rodgers, it's even harder to accept. All accounts were that Rodgers struggled early in his career, and his 39.8 and 48.2 QBRs in his first two years (although in extremely limited appearances) seem to reflect that. In fact, it wasn't until Mike McCarthy took over after Rodgers' first season and put him through his own QB school for six hours a day working on his mechanics and his motor skills, mechanics, and release point that he started to do better.

Brett Favre meanwhile finished in Green Bay leading them to a 13-3 record with a 95.6 QBR (Rodgers had a 93.8 QBR the following year). Favre then went to the Jets where he took a 4-12 team to 9-7. Then he went to the Vikings damn near taking them to the Super Bowl, only losing in overtime to the Saints in the Championship Game.

Yeah, I still don't think your contention really holds water. In fact, I'd say that Rodgers is the poster boy for sitting a QB for a couple of years.
I gotcha. I don't really want to go down the rabbit hole, and won't go after you for quoting Rodgers rating in two seasons where he threw less than 20 passes total (all in mop-up for sure). :)

I know the assumptions and "what ifs" can work both ways.

And that is/was actually my main point. It is in no way authoritative to point to a handful of success stories for guys who couldn't (for whatever reason) play in their first year or more and declare that the formula. There are just as many examples of great players who started out of the gate - many on really horrible teams (which makes sense, because that's why they were there as high picks).

In each and every case the circumstances and considerations were / are different - so instead of giving the sort of cherry-picked examples we've been hearing, opinions should be shaped by the benefits and drawbacks of starting Fields on the Bears in '21. We've heard the arguments about trepidation on the quality of the Oline... but it HAS been upgraded & should be expected to be better especially in key ways like enabling a strong run game that will help the QB. Fields doesn't have to be rushed into the game because Dalton is quite serviceable. BUT if Fields shows clear upside and practices and plays better than Dalton going into game 1 it is (should be) hard to argue that it is better for the team to put a lesser player out there because of some sort of false dogma about rookies. So if the kid earns it, he deserves it.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Not for me. For me, it's really not a matter of development. I think Fields is probably better right now. But I don't want him to go in until he's fully prepared. I want to make sure that he protects himself. I want him to get down and not pull stupid spin moves that will get him killed. And I want to make sure the line is okay and he's not going to get blindsided. For me, it's more about protection than anything, because right now I do believe he's better than Dalton. It's just the risky he has to take to show he's better (risky ass runs) simply isn't worth it.

I also believe they owe something to Dalton. They told him when they signed him he would be the starter. You can't then throw him over before Game 1. How are you going to convince other free agents to come if you do that and back out on your word. Personally, I believe that they'll start Dalton AT LEAST through the first two games. They're going to let him start against the Bengals. I don't believe they'd take that away from him.
IE
Hall of Famer

I agree with you on not wanting the kid to get injured. I don't think anyone who would advocate for him playing would retain that opinion if the line was performing like it was mid-season last year. Destination: QB! But I wouldn't form an opinion just based on that fear. QBs don't just get injured behind bad Olines. And mobile and pocket savvy QBs do make Olines better. Maybe they need HIM.

I do feel a little bad for Andy but that's the NFL. They didn't deceive him as much as they got lucky. And he's making $10MM whether he throws the ball or not. And next year he'll make $10MM again somewhere. So...
dplank
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:57 pm Not for me. For me, it's really not a matter of development. I think Fields is probably better right now. But I don't want him to go in until he's fully prepared. I want to make sure that he protects himself. I want him to get down and not pull stupid spin moves that will get him killed. And I want to make sure the line is okay and he's not going to get blindsided. For me, it's more about protection than anything, because right now I do believe he's better than Dalton. It's just the risky he has to take to show he's better (risky ass runs) simply isn't worth it.
You’ve mentioned this “risky runs” thing a lot, walk me through the logic here. Why will sitting on the bench on Sundays and only getting limited 2nd team practice reps help teach him this? Why does it take a year to learn something so simple? If it’s repetition based learning, then he ends to get the practice and game reps to learn it. Sitting does no good at all. If it’s just verbal, then why couldn’t he learn this in mini camp, training camp, preseason?

The line issue I get (I disagree but I get the logic at least)
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

I think that you get a better sense of the speed of the NFL by standing on the sideline. Oh sure, you probably get even more of a sense of it by being on the field, but I do think that you get better sense of it by being on the sideline as opposed to playing in college. Also, I think being on the sideline helps you digest the playbook more fully so when you do go out there, you aren't simply thrown in where you have to think through everything. Hopefully, by being inducted into it first on the sideline, you can play more instinctively. Again, this is why I think you give him some time, a series, then maybe two with charted plays before you even think about throwing him in there. It's like teaching somebody to swim. You don't just throw them in the deep end. You first get them into the concept of floating and then strokes, and then start decreasing the air in the floaties before taking them off altogether.

I just don't get you guys. Fields is looking like he should be our franchise QB for a decade of more. Why would you want to risk that by being impatient and throwing him out there before he's ready?
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:33 pm
Yogi da Bear wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:57 pm Not for me. For me, it's really not a matter of development. I think Fields is probably better right now. But I don't want him to go in until he's fully prepared. I want to make sure that he protects himself. I want him to get down and not pull stupid spin moves that will get him killed. And I want to make sure the line is okay and he's not going to get blindsided. For me, it's more about protection than anything, because right now I do believe he's better than Dalton. It's just the risky he has to take to show he's better (risky ass runs) simply isn't worth it.
You’ve mentioned this “risky runs” thing a lot, walk me through the logic here. Why will sitting on the bench on Sundays and only getting limited 2nd team practice reps help teach him this? Why does it take a year to learn something so simple? If it’s repetition based learning, then he ends to get the practice and game reps to learn it. Sitting does no good at all. If it’s just verbal, then why couldn’t he learn this in mini camp, training camp, preseason?

The line issue I get (I disagree but I get the logic at least)
He will still be getting reps in practice and they can't touch him. So he will have times that he breaks out of the pocket, thinks "I can run this", takes off and then the speed he is facing will end that quicker than it did in college. So his practice reps could help him realize that things like that worked in college but maybe not as much in the NFL.

I think we all agree he shouldn't take the field as the started "until he is ready" we simply have different definitions of what that is.

But I'll take it a step further. I don't want him to take the field until he is ready, but if he isn't ready week one and Dalton and the offense are performing well and the team is winning, I still don't want him starting. If somehow after after week 6 we are 5-1 averaging 28+ points and 380+ yards per game (both would rank top 10 last year) and Dalton has a rating of 94 +, don't mess with it.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Yogi da Bear wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:08 pm I think that you get a better sense of the speed of the NFL by standing on the sideline. Oh sure, you probably get even more of a sense of it by being on the field, but I do think that you get better sense of it by being on the sideline as opposed to playing in college. Also, I think being on the sideline helps you digest the playbook more fully so when you do go out there, you aren't simply thrown in where you have to think through everything. Hopefully, by being inducted into it first on the sideline, you can play more instinctively. Again, this is why I think you give him some time, a series, then maybe two with charted plays before you even think about throwing him in there. It's like teaching somebody to swim. You don't just throw them in the deep end. You first get them into the concept of floating and then strokes, and then start decreasing the air in the floaties before taking them off altogether.

I just don't get you guys. Fields is looking like he should be our franchise QB for a decade of more. Why would you want to risk that by being impatient and throwing him out there before he's ready?
Yogi, I've never understood why teams don't do that much (give rookie QBs a designed series or 2 per game). The only time I remember a team doing that was the Bears with McClown (GAWD I HATED THAT PICK!!!!) and the Ravens did it with Jackson I think. With Jackson I think it was a bit different as they didn't run the same offense they did with Flaco but tailored the plays to fit Jackson. I don't think there would be as big a change in the plays with us sticking in Fields. With Jackson I think many of his plays were things Falco would never run, with Fields, the plays would still be things that Dalton might run but maybe not as much.

I also never understood not pulling starter in games that are clearly out of reach (i.e. down 28 with 4 minutes to go and you still put your starting QB out there). Rookie or not I'd put in the backup just to get reps with the 1s in game situations in case you have to turn to him at some point.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

For the record, it seem like some have said to have Foles be QB2 and have Fields be inactive on game days (that may have been in conversations with other people and not here). I hate that idea. I want Fields to get some limited, controlled playing time early on regardless if Dalton remains the starter.
IE
Hall of Famer

I think he saw NFL speed against several teams he played and playing on his own team. Plus remember HE has more NFL speed than most of the NFL including most defenders.

Of course he's going to throw some picks because he has confidence to throw into tight spots that will close just a little bit faster than he's used to...but he's not going to learn that sort of nuance by observing. His film analysis is littered with comments like "that's an NFL throw into an NFL window". We just need to hope/expect him to not make the same mistakes more than one or two times, and adjust. He seems like that kind of guy.

I've been advocating for him to at LEAST get scripted/planned, opponent and situation specific packages from Game 1... expanding as he passes tests (which he will). Give him set of a few plays but set it up right and be prepared to let him complete a drive if he's doing well. If he is capable, I can see no reason to do that, other than sensitivity of the "starter".

Call Andy the "starter" for the entire season, for all I care. But from the start I'd like to see them doing whatever is best to win - whatever the mix is - while conspicuously working on JF1's on-the-field development. Andy can get his showcase and Justin can ramp up. Win-win is the best way to go through life.
IE
Hall of Famer

Don't be jealous of my birthday present that just arrived...
20210526_160658 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

IE wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:38 pm I think he saw NFL speed against several teams he played and playing on his own team. Plus remember HE has more NFL speed than most of the NFL including most defenders.

Of course he's going to throw some picks because he has confidence to throw into tight spots that will close just a little bit faster than he's used to...but he's not going to learn that sort of nuance by observing. His film analysis is littered with comments like "that's an NFL throw into an NFL window". We just need to hope/expect him to not make the same mistakes more than one or two times, and adjust. He seems like that kind of guy.

I've been advocating for him to at LEAST get scripted/planned, opponent and situation specific packages from Game 1... expanding as he passes tests (which he will). Give him set of a few plays but set it up right and be prepared to let him complete a drive if he's doing well. If he is capable, I can see no reason to do that, other than sensitivity of the "starter".

Call Andy the "starter" for the entire season, for all I care. But from the start I'd like to see them doing whatever is best to win - whatever the mix is - while conspicuously working on JF1's on-the-field development. Andy can get his showcase and Justin can ramp up. Win-win is the best way to go through life.
I guess also that hit he took in the Clemson game might be a lesson about "get down!!"
dplank
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:08 pm I think that you get a better sense of the speed of the NFL by standing on the sideline. Oh sure, you probably get even more of a sense of it by being on the field, but I do think that you get better sense of it by being on the sideline as opposed to playing in college. Also, I think being on the sideline helps you digest the playbook more fully so when you do go out there, you aren't simply thrown in where you have to think through everything. Hopefully, by being inducted into it first on the sideline, you can play more instinctively. Again, this is why I think you give him some time, a series, then maybe two with charted plays before you even think about throwing him in there. It's like teaching somebody to swim. You don't just throw them in the deep end. You first get them into the concept of floating and then strokes, and then start decreasing the air in the floaties before taking them off altogether.

Because I literally don’t see the risk that you see. If you think he’s gonna get hurt why play him even a few series? It seems so arbitrary - I think you’re just hung up on it honestly. He can get a good enough feel for the game speed in camp and preseason, plus his last games played were college championships against Clemson and Alabama - pretty darn close if you ask me.
IE
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:48 pm
I guess also that hit he took in the Clemson game might be a lesson about "get down!!"
Yes! Retire the highschool RB spin move - you're an NFL QB!
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

IE wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:47 pm Don't be jealous of my birthday present that just arrived...

20210526_160658 (1).jpg
I just hate the way the number one looks on our jerseys. I wish we had a different font.

Also, still mad Fields wears a single digit. The computer system at works makes us redo our password every 3 months and I use the same thing but change the number. But to meet all the requirements I need a 2 digit number so right now I rotate between Walter, Urlacher, Sayers and Butkus. If he had a 2 digit number I could get Fields into my rotation. :frustrated: Of course my IT guy tells me I should do it that way :flick:
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Use Jenkins.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

IE wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:47 pm Don't be jealous of my birthday present that just arrived...

20210526_160658 (1).jpg
Lookin' good!!! That will be the highest selling jersey by the end of the season. Book it.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I know it's dumb, but I've been watching all the videos on Fields that I can find. I blew through the positive ones and finally got through all the negative ones (crowd sourcing my opinions). So I started watching this kid do a Madden season using the most current downloadable rosters and Fields having a rookie "77" rating. He's done this for a bunch of teams and players, but I found this simulation pretty interesting. He auto-plays the season with a 77 Fields and he ends up leading the league in TD's and passing yards and takes the Bears to the Superbowl in his first year. The Youtuber says he's never seen a rookie QB have a season like this doing this type of rebuild simulation.

My homerism is out of control right now.

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

20210526_160658 (1).jpg
Bitchin'! Lookin' good!

How did you get yours so fast? Where did you get it from?

The one I ordered from Fanatics won't be here until July.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:23 am

It could work!
Oh, I'm a meatball for sure then. Because I think all of this is what I believe is going to happen.

This is what I'm talking about gentlemen.

I'm making the conscious decision to enjoy every damn minute of Fields. I had moments of happiness with Mitch, but there was always the lingering thing about Watson.

Not this time. This time I choose happiness.
IE
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:14 pm

20210526_160658 (1).jpg
Bitchin'! Lookin' good!

How did you get yours so fast? Where did you get it from?

The one I ordered from Fanatics won't be here until July.
Annie literally ordered it during the draft weekend, because I was on cloud 9! Or that Monday. She said she considered changing her order to a 3X after looking at my Walter jersey. She contacted them within a few hours and they said they could change it but then it would be July! So it's cool I just can't wear a hoodie under this one. It's for indoor games in Vegas and Detroit!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:45 am

It could work!
I don't even think it is meatball to expect that most of all this happens. It seems to me they are all more likely than not likely... there is some supporting evidence. Did you mean Miller instead of Mooney? Because that would be better, if perhaps less likely.

I really think the only real mystery or one that has a lot of uncertainty to happen is the Desai one... nobody knows, and it is *possible* he could end up with worse strategies and making worse decisions than Pagano. But since we seem to think Pagano was holding the defense back, it probably isn't even a stretch to think that they'll be better if Desai simply re-instates Fangio's philosophies for the most part.
I've read a couple of articles on the guy, here is what I gathered. These facts were verified by ex-players.

-They call him Doc, because he has his doctorate in education.
-Desai was attached to Fangio's hip for the four years he was here.
-He actually helped Fangio design nuances of his defense, adding fairly complex wrinkles.
-Fangio tried to take him to Denver when he left.

I'm confident.
IE
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:03 pm
IE wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:45 am

I've read a couple of articles on the guy, here is what I gathered. These facts were verified by ex-players.

-They call him Doc, because he has his doctorate in education.
-Desai was attached to Fangio's hip for the four years he was here.
-He actually helped Fangio design nuances of his defense, adding fairly complex wrinkles.
-Fangio tried to take him to Denver when he left.

I'm confident.
Let's check that box then too. There is ample evidence to be "Bullish" on the Bears.