Bears 2021 Schedule

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

spudbear wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:03 pm IE - if the National Anthem is taken out of sporting events then when would it be played? Only on July 4th? Maybe Veterans Day? I'm afraid there is too much precedent to even contemplate that move.
How about show a video of the anthem at midnight on every channel like they used to when we were young? lol

Seriously though - I understand there is precedent, but attaching the anthem to athletics is completely arbitrary, and really basically forced propaganda. I personally don't understand why the anthem should be played anywhere arbitrarily. The Olympics. Military events or funerals of veterans and dignitaries. Parades, governmental gatherings and such - that all would make far more sense.

People really like freedom and personal choice - but compelled patriotism is not that, and is something done in places we don't want to be compared to. Why not just let people play the anthem or do whatever thing makes them feel patriotic when they want where they want? If they want to blast it while tailgating - that's awesome! But let's let Kim and Putin be the patriotism compellers, and let's be better than them.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
IE
Hall of Famer

spudbear wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:03 pm Back to the sched - two Sunday and Monday night games are rough on old guys. Now I have to figure out how to sneak in a nap before the two Monday night games. After the Rams there are two potential trap games against CIN and CLE. Bears are probably playing the toughest NFC conference in the West. The AFC North is also very good.

Bears will need to sweep DET and MIN, then at least split wth GB to have a chance at playoffs.
Oh man - I agree. I want to be able to fall asleep in the 2nd half of a night game. Or I want to enjoy beers during an entire game. I hate that aspect of night games. I started flexing my work to allow me to sleep in on the Mondays or Fridays after a game!
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Tough schedule.

Looking at it, I can't see the Bears starting Fields opening night against the Rams. We'll probably also want to start Dalton against his old team. Probably won't want to start Fields against the Browns in an away game. The earliest I see Fields starting is Week 4 against the Lions. If he doesn't start then, I can't seem him possibly starting again until Thanksgiving versus the Lions.

I also hate Thanksgiving Day games (too much to do), but I loved it when we beat the Pack on Turkey Day a few years ago. I particularly don't like playing the Lions on Thanksgiving. They might have a losing record on that day, but they always play better than what their team is.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:45 pm
spudbear wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:03 pm Back to the sched - two Sunday and Monday night games are rough on old guys. Now I have to figure out how to sneak in a nap before the two Monday night games. After the Rams there are two potential trap games against CIN and CLE. Bears are probably playing the toughest NFC conference in the West. The AFC North is also very good.

Bears will need to sweep DET and MIN, then at least split wth GB to have a chance at playoffs.
Oh man - I agree. I want to be able to fall asleep in the 2nd half of a night game. Or I want to enjoy beers during an entire game. I hate that aspect of night games. I started flexing my work to allow me to sleep in on the Mondays or Fridays after a game!
While I’m not an old guy, I have this thing since high school football that I wake up early. Fishing has only exacerbated the situation. On a normal workday, I wake up ass early (3am) , workout for an hour, and do my daily misc stuff. Then I work. Eat dinner. Some evening shit like YouTube, the news, and play GTA 5. Then I put on the show my wife and I are following at the time and fall asleep.

Night games wreck me. Usually what I do is watch the first quarter then catch the rest on NFL Game Pass.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

It’s tough to identify an obvious place to insert Fields.

I agree he could go in before the Lions and Raiders so he gets some easy defenses. That might be the best.

Coming in on Thanksgiving is a big stage even if it’s a soft opponent.

If he comes in off the by he’s facing the Ravens and it’s pretty late in the season already...
xyt in the discord chats
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Week 4 and after the bye look like the most obvious choices. I just don't see Dalton holding off Fields until week 10. So week 4 is my guess.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Week 1, 2, or 4 look best, in that order. IMO.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:16 pm Week 4 and after the bye look like the most obvious choices. I just don't see Dalton holding off Fields until week 10. So week 4 is my guess.
I'd like to see Fields start week 8 against the 49'ers. Trey Lance was taken above Fields for no good reason whatsoever. Let's have Fields come out and destroy the 9'ers.
IE
Hall of Famer

I don't see any need to call it now - that's all just arbitrary. We haven't seen him play. If he's playing well, any game is ideal to start him. If he's just not quite ready, no game is ideal.

Utilizing a strategy to spoon-feed him the offense on the field in planned & situational packages just makes sense. Put him in positions to be successful, and don't shy away from doing it against better teams. Start early, and small. Increase as he is able. Once he's had enough successful driver's ed, hand him the keys.

BWN - Lance might not even be playing yet then. If all goes well, JF1 might be ready to play all or most of that game. I'd rather beat them as a team, though - and not need him to do it alone. Run it down their throats like they like to do. Have be Fields be part of that but not have it on his shoulders unless necessary.
spudbear
MVP

Agreed IE. Let the young man absorb the genius Nagy O and see how well he can recognize pro defenses tendencies. I don't think Mitch would have seen the field his rookie year if longneck Glennon had been even moderately competent. Mitch wasn't ready then and never got to the point of putting together a confident game. He had his stretches but defenses would usually find a way to rattle him.

I'd like to see JF1 come in and run a hurry-up offense, utilize his speed and hopefully keep a defense off-balance. Work on scripting the plays during the week and have some backup plays in case the chains are not moving.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
GSH
MVP

IE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:19 pm Who's going? I expect to be there. We're working on buying my mother in law's place in El Segundo, about 6 miles away from the new stadium. New stadium looks spectacular.
I might make the drive over from Glendale, im in 2 minds. Unless I can get some great seats id usually prefer to watch games on the tv :kickme:

depends how early on it looks like Fields will start
GSH
MVP

UOK wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:33 pm
i am personally relieved there is no London game this year.

Still cant forgive the FO for flying the team out so close to the game. Jetlag is real no matter how fit you are.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:38 pm
i am personally relieved there is no London game this year.

Still cant forgive the FO for flying the team out so close to the game. Jetlag is real no matter how fit you are.
That was awful.

But it wasn't the FO, it was Nagy's decision.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... st-raiders
LONDON — The Bears’ sluggish first half in their 24-21 loss to the Oakland Raiders Sunday at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium might seem like it was because Matt Nagy decided to have his team fly to England Thursday night instead of spending the entire week abroad, as Jon Gruden had his side do. Jet lag is real, after all, as is difficulty sleeping on planes.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

So I know some here don't like Monday and Sunday night games, but I love them.

Monday nights is my "guys night" with some friend and we get together for some real high stakes poker. I should say poker because it's "dealer's call" and get game like "screw your buddy," "follow the bitch," and other games that are very much games of luck with little skill. High stakes might be a bit of stretch too as it's a $20 buy in and if someone bets more than 50 cents they get called a bunch of nasty names.

Sorry got off point, but I think there is a chance we get flexed into some Sunday night games.

Week 17 the game is Minny at the Pukers. If Rodger isn't playing this game could be the cellar dwellers of the NFCN. We would be facing the G-Men and it could be two teams at the top of their division from 2 of the biggest markets which could be a move the NFL makes.

Week 16 the game is WTF (ok so it's WFT, but every time I see that I think WFT) vs Cowpokes. Again a chance to have 2 horrible teams on the Sunday night ticket. We face the Seahags which could be a battle of top teams in their divisions as well.

Week 11 (I think this is the first week they can flex games but maybe not) has the Steelers at Lightning Bolts. I think this is less likely as I think Big Ben has enough for one last run and I like what the Chargers are doing. But we face the Raven and if Fields is starting and we have a decent record, the match up of Field vs Jackson might be a good draw.

The only other possible one would be week 13 but that has the 49ers and Seahags and I think that game will be huge for the NFCW. Now if somehow both those teams are performing it likely means the Cardinals are doing well and that's who we face.

All other game during the flex period we either play on Sunday/Monday night or Thanksgiving (I guess our game vs the Pukers could be flexed out if Rodgers doesn't play and they are 2-11 going into week 14. I'd be ok with that.
spudbear
MVP

Ark, I'm slightly jealous of your Monday night funtime. High stakes poker, strong beverages and name-calling all sounds like a great anti-woke time.

I just don't see the Bears getting flexed that much into Sunday night. They already have two on the schedule. The NFL will take whatever chance they can get to feature the previous SB teams with GOAT Brady and BestQBNow Mahomes. Unless the Cowpukes and Pukers flounder the NFL will try to flex them in too, as there are far too many Cowpuke and cheesehead fans in the country.

Finally you have some darkhorse teams like the Bills and Fins that could be poised for a stretch run. Watch out for Buffalo with Mitchy the Kid on the bench, ready to save a season if needed. If Tua figures it out the Fins could go far as they have a ton of talent on both sides of the line.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
IE
Hall of Famer

I love dealer-calls-the-game poker. Some of those games are so silly, and then others go on forever. I think we had a jacks-or-better/trips to win game that went an hour one time. I miss poker night. I'm woke AF but will burn your ears while taking your money. lol

Mitchy the kid saving the day? Want to see Diggs lose his mind? hehe He'll be on the phone with ARob after the first game, going "Bruh... how did you...."
wab
Mod

Fun fact, outside of Uno or Solitaire (on my computer) I've never played cards in my life.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:08 am I love dealer-calls-the-game poker. Some of those games are so silly, and then others go on forever. I think we had a jacks-or-better/trips to win game that went an hour one time. I miss poker night. I'm woke AF but will burn your ears while taking your money. lol

Mitchy the kid saving the day? Want to see Diggs lose his mind? hehe He'll be on the phone with ARob after the first game, going "Bruh... how did you...."
We always played dealer calls the game. One guy always played Jacks to open, trips to win. Some of them games went on forever, which made it fun.

Big pitch player as a kid, 4 or 5 point. Haven't played that game in years. Play rummy quite a bit with the wife. She always kicks my ass :frustrated:

My family always played cards. I play a lot of different solitaires as well, with real cards.
docc
Head Coach

Call me insane..I'd like Moday..Tuesday..Wednesday..Thursday..Friday..NFL..but NOT Saturday (college) games...and Sunday of course...

I like my Feetballs..
IE
Hall of Famer

I just locked in Bears at Cleveland tix. I'm kind of going nuts this year due to a combination of factors like post-Covid (I know I know - only kind of) and the excitement around JF1... and also because I genuinely think the Bears are going to surprise and come out swinging to a 5-1 record. I really do. Seriously.

Taking my wife and we'll be enjoying Cleveland on Saturday night before the game. I'm fortunate to have saved close to a million Marriott points over the last 5 years. So I'm blowing through about half of that this fall with Bears related trips and a long weekend in NOLA. Anyway... if you've never been to Cleveland, it's a pretty fun downtown. I'm guessing I might have gotten a slightly better deal if I waited. But maybe not - I got us 18th row in the middle of the west side end zone (other side across from Dawg Pound) for $240.

Along with that it's Raiders in Vegas and Rams in LA (still have to get those... watching... but we're going for sure, as we're going to be out there & our place in El Segundo is literally less than 7 miles from SoFi). So I'll be at 3 of the first 5 games plus Turkey Day in the D. Definitely hoping to see JF1 get some serious playing time, if not starting!
IE
Hall of Famer

Anybody in the LA area who might be interested in going to Bears / Rams ... I *might* have an extra ticket. My buddy who committed to going is getting grief and may not be able to come - and I already bought the tickets. They're pretty good seats in the first row of section 337 @ $300. I'm going to be out there with my wife so I do have someone to go with. But I'd prefer (and she would too) to find a fellow diehard Bear fan to enjoy the game with. PM me if you're interested. Still not sure if Todd is not going to make it though. But will know soon.
dplank
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:00 am Anybody in the LA area who might be interested in going to Bears / Rams ... I *might* have an extra ticket. My buddy who committed to going is getting grief and may not be able to come - and I already bought the tickets. They're pretty good seats in the first row of section 337 @ $300. I'm going to be out there with my wife so I do have someone to go with. But I'd prefer (and she would too) to find a fellow diehard Bear fan to enjoy the game with. PM me if you're interested. Still not sure if Todd is not going to make it though. But will know soon.
There’s a remote possibility that I’ll be in LA on business at that time, if so I’d gladly join you and your lovely wife for the game. Pretty unlikely tho.