Bears 2021 Schedule

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

So I went on Seatgeek and Ticketmaster looking at Rams tickets. Right now they're just all season ticket holders listing seats at prices to gouge first movers. $300 for TOP row. I can get FRONT row tickets to the Lions on Turkey Day in that range. I'm waiting until it gets closer. There will be people selling later for more reasonable prices.
Last edited by IE on Wed May 12, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Z Bear
MVP

All single game NFL tickets go on sale at 7:45 eastern on Ticketmaster tonight. Get logged in beforehand and try to score face value tickets.

EDIT: Here is a link to Raiders tickets, there is a countdown timer to when they go on sale again. They presold some seats to the first game already and people are wanting stupid money for them.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/sro-las-ve ... ?landing=c
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

The Cooler King wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:04 pmNo back to back home or aways. Weird.
I saw that. Has that ever even happened? Super weird.
IE
Hall of Famer

Z Bear wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm All single game NFL tickets go on sale at 7:45 eastern on Ticketmaster tonight. Get logged in beforehand and try to score face value tickets.

EDIT: Here is a link to Raiders tickets, there is a countdown timer to when they go on sale again. They presold some seats to the first game already and people are wanting stupid money for them.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/sro-las-ve ... ?landing=c
Saw that - hoping to get lucky.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:59 pm
The Cooler King wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:04 pmNo back to back home or aways. Weird.
I saw that. Has that ever even happened? Super weird.
According to my much smarter than me brother in law (econ PhD) it's a. 0226% chance at a alternating H-A schedule given totally random distribution in 1 17 game season. Obviously some schedules the NFL would never let happen though for instance HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA. So probably quite a bit larger odds in practical terms, but still. Pretty unusual!

Really back of the napkin, I'm guessing it's more like 1% odds, but even at 3% chance it would equate to about a once a year chance and once a generation for any one team.
Z Bear
MVP

Tickets are on sale now, in the queue for Raiders tickets! It is showing a 1pm kickoff time
IE
Hall of Famer

Only resale tix on sale as far as I can see. Insane prices. I'll scalp them on game day if I have to.
Hero
Player of the Month

Otis Day wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:47 pm I don't watch the Cowboys unless they are playing the Bears. Can't stand watching that team.
I watch every Cowbitch games unless the Bears play at the same time. Whoever they play I root for that team. It's hard when they play the NFC North.
UOK
Site Admin

IE
Hall of Famer

Bear site said single game tix go on sale at 9:30 EST
Hero
Player of the Month

I love Thanksgiving games. Its better than Thursday night game on any other random week. And let's be thankful we don't have to go to London. Things could be worse.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Looking at the schedule, I see about 9
Vegas has the Bears at 7.5
Just sayin
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

I have liked Thanksgiving day games in the past but never hosted the same year the Bears played. This could have some impact on my desire to host this year.
IE
Hall of Famer

I have 12-5. I had 12-4 last year and the only reason they weren't 12-4 is QB, Oline misfortune and missing several key pieces most or all of the season (Daniels, Cohen, Goldman). I feel all that is fixed and even if injuries come the depth in most areas is much better. I also think/hope Nagy has learned a few things and will be better with a QB and stable oline he can trust.

I think they're going to start out hot again too - like 5-0 before dropping a few and then going on some more win streaks.

12-5.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

week 10 bye huh sure would hate to see the beloved make the switch to fields then and go on a run straight to the playoffs sure would hate that
IE
Hall of Famer

I'd kinda like him to come in (maybe even after halftime) agin Trey Lance and beat him.
IE
Hall of Famer

Anyone else looking at tickets tonight? They never did offer "single game tickets" to individuals like implied. All night long it has been nothing but resale. Which sucks - Joe Blow never really gets a chance to buy tickets. It's season tickets and brokers and businesses. Anyway... first time I've ever paid over $700 for a football ticket. But it's Vegas and we've been looking forward to this opportunity since they announced the team move. Like everyone else buying tickets there. It's just always going to cost a grand to go to a Bear game in Vegas I guess. But i've spent my Vegas money on worse... and that certainly didn't last 3 hours. lol
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Despite spending a shit ton of time outdoors I still have a bad case of cabin fever. The family already has tickets to ballgames and concerts.

For the hoot of it, I looked at getting tickets for the Bears. $700 for one decent seat? Forget it. No wonder the average person doesn't have two nickels to rub together.

I'm not paying $300 for nosebleed only to watch Rodgers win on a bullshit call and to piss away an entire Sunday. I'll do that at home for virtually free.

I'll spend money on jerseys and the like, but I'm not giving money to a league that's got a massive hard on to beat people over the head with social justice messaging in order to glorify bad behavior and make the rest of us feel guilty over something sane people would never do in the first place.
IE
Hall of Famer

I was talking to my buddy about this last night when we were deciding whether to pull the trigger. We agreed we've both blown that much money much faster - especially in Vegas. I also have 6 kids in their 20s, and when we do all go somewhere together it makes these Vegas Bear tix look cheap. Take everybody diving? Charter a boat for a family snorkel outing? Cha-Ching! So this one is for me!

I'm getting a little crusty too, in that I still think tickets should be under $100 for everything. When I had Bear season tix in the early '90s it was under $100 a ticket face value - and they weren't nosebleed they were 2nd row in the big upper bowl of the old field. But everything in entertainment cost so much these days. We paid over $500 for our Hamilton tickets a few years ago. And over $300 for Kenny Chesney and some other concert tix (they can also get extremely $$). I expect to pay less but then when it comes time to book I just look at the price of poker, and ante up. We probably do a bit less all the time, mostly cheaper things like hang out at dives in the D these days, and then more infrequent bigger things.

So yeah I'm paying 700 for the privilege of watching the beloved in Vegas. It HAS been a dream/goal since they announced the Raider move. Since my friend has Rams season tickets I won't have to pay much for those. And Turkey Day games in the D are pretty cheap - I got front row seats on the 30 yard line on the Bears side for under $300. So in my mind I'll average out the cost of all these to make it more palatable. Still going to look into Cleveland... they might be cheaper like Detroit.

One note to all... the service fees on the Vegas tickets is surreal... over $175 a ticket on all the ticket sites. Our tickets were $540 but with the fees the total for two tickets was $1435. Now we know how they're paying for the stadium! lol
Z Bear
MVP

Evidently the Raiders sold all their PSLs so only re-sales will be available at Allegiant Stadium this year. I found an article on it last night when I searched for Raider tickets news. That being said, there are a lot more tickets available this morning than there were last night. I am going to wait a few weeks and see if the prices come down. The only two games I was able to get tickets from the box office were the Rams and Seahags, every other game was resale only. Would of pulled the trigger on a Seattle trip if it was not the day after Christmas as I have never been there before.
IE
Hall of Famer

Z Bear wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:28 am Evidently the Raiders sold all their PSLs so only re-sales will be available at Allegiant Stadium this year. I found an article on it last night when I searched for Raider tickets news. That being said, there are a lot more tickets available this morning than there were last night. I am going to wait a few weeks and see if the prices come down. The only two games I was able to get tickets from the box office were the Rams and Seahags, every other game was resale only. Would of pulled the trigger on a Seattle trip if it was not the day after Christmas as I have never been there before.
Seattle is a great place to go to game. The guy I'm going to Raiders with used to live up there and we went to Bears/Seahawks in '09. Great time.

It is clear the Raiders would have demand for all their PSLs. It bothers me quite a bit that all NFL teams and venues are not required to reserve a % of tickets to be sold individually. I don't care if they miss out on some PSL money - they make enough, and I'd hope the league doesn't want to become an exclusive private club. The current system results in layers of profit-making on top of the ticket costs that boxes out too many big time fans who deserve to be able to see their team every once in a while without it being so economically painful. At least in my opinion.

I consider myself extremely fortunate (lucky) to be able to go to a few games every year. I wouldn't go to a game in Vegas again. One and done, for that location.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Went to a game a year from like 2005-13. Thank goodness the Bears played in St Louis fairly regularly during that span. Tix were cheap and easy to come by there. I went a few years back when the Bears were sucking and tix came cheap, about $5 for end zone seats. Problem with that game, Gould kicked the winning FG for SF. It was kind of like Jimmy G's coming out party. It was a freaky day in December as we did not even need coats.

I have kind of given up since (well last year was out anyway). Started going to hockey games now.
karhu
Head Coach

Gah! My third year back in the States, and the Bears finally have a game against the Seahawks, my second least-favorite team, in the stadium I can see across the water after a five-minute walk from my front door.

And I'll be in Chicago.

If I break down and order a jersey this year, I might as well have 'em slap O. Henry on the back.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
dplank
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:16 am I'll spend money on jerseys and the like, but I'm not giving money to a league that's got a massive hard on to beat people over the head with social justice messaging in order to glorify bad behavior and make the rest of us feel guilty over something sane people would never do in the first place.
I've always found this odd, I know plenty of folks who say the same. I always like to ask them if it bothers them to see all of the military stuff shoved down our throats as well? Two sides of the same coin. I just let all of it roll off my back, I'm there to watch football and don't pay much attention to the rest of it.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:35 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:16 am I'll spend money on jerseys and the like, but I'm not giving money to a league that's got a massive hard on to beat people over the head with social justice messaging in order to glorify bad behavior and make the rest of us feel guilty over something sane people would never do in the first place.
I've always found this odd, I know plenty of folks who say the same. I always like to ask them if it bothers them to see all of the military stuff shoved down our throats as well? Two sides of the same coin. I just let all of it roll off my back, I'm there to watch football and don't pay much attention to the rest of it.
I’m trying to dance around the political rules here so as to not cause a shit storm. I think the league would be best to leave all political and social commentary at the door. Just play the game and yes stand for the national anthem.
dplank
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:50 pm
dplank wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:35 pm

I’m trying to dance around the political rules here so as to not cause a shit storm. I think the league would be best to leave all political and social commentary at the door. Just play the game and yes stand for the national anthem.
Yea all good, I don’t disagree. I just don’t let it bother me and wouldn’t let it stop me from going to a game is all.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:00 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:50 pm

Yea all good, I don’t disagree. I just don’t let it bother me and wouldn’t let it stop me from going to a game is all.
No worries man we're cool.

Here's what I will say.

Is race a totally moronic way of evaluating a human being? Obviously yes.
Do people like Colin Kaepernick have a point about what they're pissed about? Obviously yes.
Are black people treated like shit sometimes simply because they're black? Obviously yes.
Is racism this wild out of control thing like heart disease and obesity? No. The average person is normal.

Where the league and Kaepernick fucked up is they integrated their protest and messaging into the game. They turned an activity that serves as an escape into political theater and that's a huge turnoff. Had the league and Kaepernick, used social media, charity events, peaceful protests, and whatnot instead the ratings, the league and Kaepernick would be suffering much less. People do stuff like go to the movies and sports as an escape from the daily bullshit.
Xee
Site Admin

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:14 pmWhere the league and Kaepernick fucked up is they integrated their protest and messaging into the game. They turned an activity that serves as an escape into political theater and that's a huge turnoff. Had the league and Kaepernick, used social media, charity events, peaceful protests, and whatnot instead the ratings, the league and Kaepernick would be suffering much less. People do stuff like go to the movies and sports as an escape from the daily bullshit.
Eh, NFL games have been a spectacle for a while and have been used as a podium for many interests. I think it's hypocritical to be fine with the NFL using it to their advantage but then take umbrage when the players decide to do the same.

Yeah, there are things that are part of the "game" that I would rather not have to endure when I want to see it in person but I put up with it because that's just a part of it now.

Back on topic, I'm going to hold off on my guess for our record this year until I see how things shake out in training camp, specifically the Dalton/Fields competition and how our new O-line gels.
IE
Hall of Famer

Yeah - when it comes to football, I only care about football. I don't think any of the spectacle stuff belongs in games - maybe entertainment before & after because people are there for entertainment.

I think the best way to take the politics out of it is to take anything to do with the government out of sports games. National anthems or military flyovers or camo clothing or social justice protests... in my mind none of that belongs at any sports games. It's irrelevant. Play Sweet Home Chicago at the beginning of Chicago games, and some Frank Sinatra or something in Vegas and such as such. Get all the forcing-patriotism-and-politics-down-our-throats out of the games. All sports. All levels.

And then also forums. :)
spudbear
MVP

IE - if the National Anthem is taken out of sporting events then when would it be played? Only on July 4th? Maybe Veterans Day? I'm afraid there is too much precedent to even contemplate that move.

Back to the sched - two Sunday and Monday night games are rough on old guys. Now I have to figure out how to sneak in a nap before the two Monday night games. After the Rams there are two potential trap games against CIN and CLE. Bears are probably playing the toughest NFC conference in the West. The AFC North is also very good.

Bears will need to sweep DET and MIN, then at least split wth GB to have a chance at playoffs.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas