Allen Robinson

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Mikefive wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 am I'm with the small group starting with A&R who point out that ARob is taking the defense's #1 CB. That leaves Mooney going against much better players going forward if ARob goes. We already have issues with our WRs getting open unless it's against the Lions. Take ARob away and that gets notably worse.

And with his numbers so far this year, he's only getting you a R2 pick in trade anyway. If you can get a R3 comp pick for him, you worry about replacing him next year. To me, this is a silly argument, particularly since he's got new QBs he's been working with and had limited practice time with JF1 in TC.
Agreed 100%. And just to add to this, other than Davante Adams, the other "replacements" suggested are not even close to Arob's level in how opposing D's view them. Chicago fans have this tendency with offensive players to say, "hey, we can just replace him with X, they put up similar numbers so it's all the same." Name recognition goes alot further then people are willing to admit when an opposing defense is coming in and scheming against the Bears. Defenders around the league know who Arob is and respect him as a good player. You can't say that about anyone else on this offense except maybe Montgomery or an even bigger maybe at his age Jimmy Graham. You think all these alpha corners out there have any fear of Mooney yet? Let Mooney grow while Arob takes on those #1 CBs. It will only help this team long term. WAAAAYYYYY more than a R2 pick would.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:25 am
Mikefive wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:08 am Good luck with that. He wants to be the highest paid EVER. I don't think the Bears are in a position to sign a guy like that.
It would be awesome if we could trade Robinson for a 2nd, and flip that into Chris Olave in the draft next Spring. He was Fields #1 target in college. He's 6'1" and a prolific route runner.
He's a rookie at a position that typically takes a few years to develop. Take Arob out and watch opposing D's press the wideouts(who besides Arob has proven they can consistently beat a jam?), double up on Mooney to take him away or just put their #1 on him and take him away, and then have our bevy of #4 type receivers that fill out the rest of the group not be able to get open when suddenly against the teams other starting CB. How does that help Fields development?

The way to help Fields is put weapons around him, especially when he is young and still needs to build that confidence and prove himself. Dropping ARob is a conversation for at best next season, or better yet a year or two after that.

I also believe Mikefive was saying Davante Adams wants to be the highest paid ever. Could be wrong on that tho.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 am I'm with the small group starting with A&R who point out that ARob is taking the defense's #1 CB. That leaves Mooney going against much better players going forward if ARob goes. We already have issues with our WRs getting open unless it's against the Lions. Take ARob away and that gets notably worse.

And with his numbers so far this year, he's only getting you a R2 pick in trade anyway. If you can get a R3 comp pick for him, you worry about replacing him next year. To me, this is a silly argument, particularly since he's got new QBs he's been working with and had limited practice time with JF1 in TC.
Don't discount WR running open as "it's just the Lions." How Lazor used the running game in combination with PA created the open receivers. I also think that as teams try to figure out who to cover (Robinson or Mooney) it will create more opportunities for ARob. If Lazor is smart he'll drop a healthy dose of James and Horsted on the Raiders in the first half this weekend. Get them on short routes in open space and let them catch the ball and punish the secondary. That will open up the entire playbook in the second half.
malk
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:06 am I appreciate the work here but I don’t see the situation nearly as dire as you do. For example, cutting Cohen doesn’t open up a new hole - we already have our RB corps without him. And I think you are devaluing guys like Edward’s jr, Blackson, Attachou, Tonga, Gipson - these guys are really solid players that play a lot of snaps.

26 spots becomes 34 pretty easily with the next draft. And your left filling 19 with some decent flexibility to do so. I know we don’t have a lot of ability left to defer salaries but there should be something somewhere. Gipsons emergence could allow us to move on from Quinn. Punter and Long Snapper are very cheap needs to fill.

I think one haircut we will have to take is ARob and I agree that we won’t be in a position to outbid others for Adam’s or Godwin type replacements. I also wouldn’t pay Daniels a big second contract and I’m wondering what savings we might get from Whitehair, who is overpaid IMO. Guards can be drafted.
I'm not trying to imply the situation is dire in abstract, but rather that we're not in a great position to build ourselves up to genuine contender status quickly. Which is down to a few poor contracts and $21m in dead cap this year, plus $3.3m already dead for next year.

Briefly on Cohen, we've got three running backs under contract next year so if we did cut him he would have to be replaced, at least by a #3 assuming Herbert is ready to back up/spot Montgomery. Arguably even with Cohen and Herbert on the roster we might be considered light at running back given Cohen's style and Herbert's lack of experience. Now I doubt we cut Cohen as he's dynamic if fit and it would only save $2.25m, of which at least $660k would be on a rookie level replacement.

More pertinently, on 26 becoming 34 after the next draft, sure, except that means that our 2nd, 3rd, two 5ths and a 6th are all ready to contribute as rookies along with 3 undrafted guys or comp picks. Which again, is fine, but we have starter shaped holes to fill and being able to cover 3 of those from the draft next year would be a very good draft, more pretty unprecedented.

Put concretely, there are:

7 starting positions (using 12 starters to include nickle back and 5 proper pass catchers 3 WR, 2 TE) that don't have anyone on the roster to fill them: Strong safety, Defensive Tackle, Wide receiver #1/2, Wide Receiver #2/3, Centre, Offensive Guard, TE #2.

5 starting positions with question makrs: CB Vildor, NB Shelley, ILB Trevathan, LT Jenkins, RT Borom.

I take your point about not devaluing the rotation guys but they mostly aren't in the positions listed above and equally, they aren't players that are likely to be elevated past rotation level on a contending roster, Gipson notwithstanding.

So even if everything goes great and all 5 of the question marks are decent starters, and we get three rookies starting from a draft without a lot of capital, that leaves 4 positions to fill in free agency and $15m to do it. If we can move on from Quinn that adds another $6m but puts more pressure on the depth and means we're eating another $9.3m in dead cap. Barring injury it isn't likely.

Now I do think we can turn this around but when I look at what the roster is likely to be like in 2022 I don't see us being closer than an outside chance of winning a ring. So we should be looking at players who will be competing at a super bowl level in 2023 as cornerstones of our team and thinking hard about anyone who is expensive and might be over the hill...
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
wab
Mod

Middleguard wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:46 pm Robinson is also the only WR who can throw a decent block, and he does so frequently. Also, everybody keeps talking about learning experiences for Fields. One of the biggest things Fields has yet to learn is to throw the ball to a receiver who is not the only player in the frame like he was used to at Ohio. Robinson could be a perfect teacher. In fact, I would suggest a lot of plays where Fields is supposed to throw the ball to the spot where Robinson is supposed to be the instant the ball gets to his hands in shotgun or the instant he takes a step away from under center. From a learning standpoint it would be addressing his two biggest shortcomings.
Robinson is one of the laziest blockers I've ever watched.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I would predict that Mooney is going to be getting the #1 corner coverage soon, if he already isn’t.

AR seems to have taken the Eddie Jackson business decision route.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I don't know why people are so confident that the Bears could identify and add an ARob replacement. It seems like too big of a risk to me and I'm not interested in taking risks with the potential for Fields to lead a potent Bears offense for the first time in a long time.

Also, I don't think they need to replace Cohen. Let our best WR walk but replace our situational RB is the most Bears Fan thinking ever. Monty, Juice, a random FA, and a late round rookie will be fine. If you wanted to shift resources to the running game then oline is a better idea - maybe a center that doesn't get blown off the ball every play, a reliable tackle in case Jenkins or Borom don't work out, etc.
xyt in the discord chats
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Hm, I'm more struggling with why another team would trade much of anything for a WR who's playing on the franchise tag and who will be a FA next year.

As for Robinson's value, as reliable and productive as he is he isn't a game changer. Paying him huge money just doesn't make sense to me. There is only so much to go around and sinking a large proportion into a single player is a risky business. Mack is prime example. He's been good, but outside of 2018 not the game wrecker he needed to be to live up to that massive contract. Ultimately you need players who outplay their contracts, regardless of the size of those deals. I can't see Robinson outplaying $20m a year.
G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:08 am
G08 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:34 am

The problem is he wants to be paid like a top 5 WR.

If it's me, I'm gunning for Davante Adams. If that doesn't work, see what Chris Godwin is looking for or kick the tires on Juju Smith-Schuster. I like Christian Kirk quite a bit as well.
Good luck with that. He wants to be the highest paid EVER. I don't think the Bears are in a position to sign a guy like that.
I don't blame him... but I'd make a run at him first before even thinking about making AR a top 5 paid WR (at least at this point in the season... if Justin Fields and he tear it up the rest of the season then sign me up!)
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Many people have raise valid points about how he is helping the other players and they might regress if he is gone. If I truly thought we would be making a run at the playoffs (much less the Super Bowl) I'd say their isn't a price for him and he has to stay (ok someone says here's 2 1st round pick, yeah you take it but no way that happens). But since I don't think we have that in us we have to look towards the future and there is a price someone MIGHT pay that you have to pull the trigger.

No in all reality, this is just an exercise in what would we do. The price that would be acceptable to let him walk still isn't going to be offered by anyone unless some true contender suffers a major injury - e.g. K.C. losses Hill for the year.
dplank
Hall of Famer

malk wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:03 am
dplank wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:06 am I appreciate the work here but I don’t see the situation nearly as dire as you do. For example, cutting Cohen doesn’t open up a new hole - we already have our RB corps without him. And I think you are devaluing guys like Edward’s jr, Blackson, Attachou, Tonga, Gipson - these guys are really solid players that play a lot of snaps.

26 spots becomes 34 pretty easily with the next draft. And your left filling 19 with some decent flexibility to do so. I know we don’t have a lot of ability left to defer salaries but there should be something somewhere. Gipsons emergence could allow us to move on from Quinn. Punter and Long Snapper are very cheap needs to fill.

I think one haircut we will have to take is ARob and I agree that we won’t be in a position to outbid others for Adam’s or Godwin type replacements. I also wouldn’t pay Daniels a big second contract and I’m wondering what savings we might get from Whitehair, who is overpaid IMO. Guards can be drafted.
I'm not trying to imply the situation is dire in abstract, but rather that we're not in a great position to build ourselves up to genuine contender status quickly. Which is down to a few poor contracts and $21m in dead cap this year, plus $3.3m already dead for next year.

Briefly on Cohen, we've got three running backs under contract next year so if we did cut him he would have to be replaced, at least by a #3 assuming Herbert is ready to back up/spot Montgomery. Arguably even with Cohen and Herbert on the roster we might be considered light at running back given Cohen's style and Herbert's lack of experience. Now I doubt we cut Cohen as he's dynamic if fit and it would only save $2.25m, of which at least $660k would be on a rookie level replacement.

More pertinently, on 26 becoming 34 after the next draft, sure, except that means that our 2nd, 3rd, two 5ths and a 6th are all ready to contribute as rookies along with 3 undrafted guys or comp picks. Which again, is fine, but we have starter shaped holes to fill and being able to cover 3 of those from the draft next year would be a very good draft, more pretty unprecedented.

Put concretely, there are:

7 starting positions (using 12 starters to include nickle back and 5 proper pass catchers 3 WR, 2 TE) that don't have anyone on the roster to fill them: Strong safety, Defensive Tackle, Wide receiver #1/2, Wide Receiver #2/3, Centre, Offensive Guard, TE #2.

5 starting positions with question makrs: CB Vildor, NB Shelley, ILB Trevathan, LT Jenkins, RT Borom.

I take your point about not devaluing the rotation guys but they mostly aren't in the positions listed above and equally, they aren't players that are likely to be elevated past rotation level on a contending roster, Gipson notwithstanding.

So even if everything goes great and all 5 of the question marks are decent starters, and we get three rookies starting from a draft without a lot of capital, that leaves 4 positions to fill in free agency and $15m to do it. If we can move on from Quinn that adds another $6m but puts more pressure on the depth and means we're eating another $9.3m in dead cap. Barring injury it isn't likely.

Now I do think we can turn this around but when I look at what the roster is likely to be like in 2022 I don't see us being closer than an outside chance of winning a ring. So we should be looking at players who will be competing at a super bowl level in 2023 as cornerstones of our team and thinking hard about anyone who is expensive and might be over the hill...
Very good post again, and not being argumentative but see things just a touch rosier.

First, every team has “question marks” on their starting 24. So I don’t worry about those 5 spots, we have viable starters and not every player can be an all pro - two of them (the OTs) have good potential and Danny T is a solid vet, Vildor is playing fairly well…I just don’t worry about these spots. To the 7 missing, I think it’s fair to think we can draft two starters (WR 2/3, OG/C). So that’s down to 5. I don’t agree that we have an issue at DL at all, we have Nichols, Goldman, Edward’s, Blackson, Tonga - we are good IMO. So all that leaves is another WR, a S, TE2 and an interior lineman. Very doable. We might even have TE2 on our roster in Horsted, we should play him so we know what we have IMO.
malk
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:13 pm
Very good post again, and not being argumentative but see things just a touch rosier.

First, every team has “question marks” on their starting 24. So I don’t worry about those 5 spots, we have viable starters and not every player can be an all pro - two of them (the OTs) have good potential and Danny T is a solid vet, Vildor is playing fairly well…I just don’t worry about these spots. To the 7 missing, I think it’s fair to think we can draft two starters (WR 2/3, OG/C). So that’s down to 5. I don’t agree that we have an issue at DL at all, we have Nichols, Goldman, Edward’s, Blackson, Tonga - we are good IMO. So all that leaves is another WR, a S, TE2 and an interior lineman. Very doable. We might even have TE2 on our roster in Horsted, we should play him so we know what we have IMO.
That's fair enough, and I hope you're right! I guess this is just a continuation of my lament that we don't have fewer holes given how little cap space we have. But that isn't changing so I just need to get over myself!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

malk wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:00 am
dplank wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:13 pm

That's fair enough, and I hope you're right! I guess this is just a continuation of my lament that we don't have fewer holes given how little cap space we have. But that isn't changing so I just need to get over myself!
The biggest thing to "get over" is the fact that they can continue to just kick the can in perpetuity. It never really becomes due and there is no need go get clean books. Clean books happen at thr beginning of a regime and that's about it. I wanna do a deeper dive on it, but I have a theory if we study the history of clean cap teams the results would be very underwhelming. The point is to spend money on good players!
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

G08 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:12 am
Yogi da Bear wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:35 pm There's Davante Adams who I think is going to be way to expensive. But there's also Chris Godwin (my favorite), JuJu Smith-Schuster, Mike Williams, Courtland Sutton, and DJ Chark (now with a broken ankle). All but Godwin should be considerably less expensive than ARob and at least as effective.

:lol:
What? No beer? What kind of BBQ doesn't have beer? So of course I'm going steal me some Cobbler and head out early. ;)

I do think that Adams is out of our price range, and quite frankly, I'm just not sure how good he is is dependent on Rodgers. Look at Randall Cobb.

I think that Godwin is going to get a contract similar to ARob's, but I think that Godwin is a better fit for us in that he actually gets separation. Schuster, Williams, and Sutton I think are very similar to ARob but could be had for half his cost. Chark is somebody I'm really interested in. He has that 4.3 level speed, but when Urban Meyer criticized him for playing "small," he went out and successfully (reportedly) hit the weight room this offseason. Now, with his broken ankle, he might be had for a steal this coming offseason.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:33 pm
G08 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:12 am

:lol:
What? No beer? What kind of BBQ doesn't have beer? So of course I'm going steal me some Cobbler and head out early. ;)

I do think that Adams is out of our price range, and quite frankly, I'm just not sure how good he is is dependent on Rodgers. Look at Randall Cobb.

I think that Godwin is going to get a contract similar to ARob's, but I think that Godwin is a better fit for us in that he actually gets separation. Schuster, Williams, and Sutton I think are very similar to ARob but could be had for half his cost. Chark is somebody I'm really interested in. He has that 4.3 level speed, but when Urban Meyer criticized him for playing "small," he went out and successfully (reportedly) hit the weight room this offseason. Now, with his broken ankle, he might be had for a steal this coming offseason.

This is a good post all around

Like the Chark idea (and Jags are a bit of a mess management wise - Though I guess time will tell on that CJ Henderson deal - is it a dumb panic or a version of the Trent Richardson deal???)

And yes this is key on Arob v. Most - "but I think that Godwin is a better fit for us in that he actually gets separation." The lack of separation and explosion is what hurts Arob the "Elite" Perennial 1500 Yard Top 8 WR argument

Sure I'm putting my top corner on Arob (if I have them travel with WR) - but am I scheming coverages especially so he doesnt beat me deep? Probably not.
malk
Head Coach

The Cooler King wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:26 am
malk wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:00 am

The biggest thing to "get over" is the fact that they can continue to just kick the can in perpetuity. It never really becomes due and there is no need go get clean books. Clean books happen at thr beginning of a regime and that's about it. I wanna do a deeper dive on it, but I have a theory if we study the history of clean cap teams the results would be very underwhelming. The point is to spend money on good players!
You can borrow from future cap years but it still needs to be paid at some point. So whilst you can keep borrowing at that point you've baselined your existing situation and limited flexibility for the future. It isn't good practice.

You're also missing that you can roll space forward. My thesis is that good teams don't waste cap when they're not competing, and this is what Pace doesn't do. We should be in a situation now where we have a bunch of space to build a roster around Fields rather than being capped out because Pace can only think one year at a time.

The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

malk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:38 am

You can borrow from future cap years but it still needs to be paid at some point. So whilst you can keep borrowing at that point you've baselined your existing situation and limited flexibility for the future. It isn't good practice.

You're also missing that you can roll space forward. My thesis is that good teams don't waste cap when they're not competing, and this is what Pace doesn't do. We should be in a situation now where we have a bunch of space to build a roster around Fields rather than being capped out because Pace can only think one year at a time.
Of course I know you can roll space forward. But the bill becoming due isnt a big deal when you can borrow again and again and again.

And if you had a fixed amount, say 20M that you were always rolling forward it would actually become less and less of a future liability as the cap grows. Hence it's very likely negative interest rate borrowing.

Yes you may strategically choose to roll a big amount forward, again likely at the beginning of a regime when the team is bad and you have no one worth resigning and the new GM has goodwill to purge. But past that it ends up being just an excuse not to spend money. The future promise of rolling forward extra space is wasted if you don't use it. Even if you're efficient and over produce your spending levels you likely will fall short. And theres way too much variance to try and thread the needle by only spending in certain years, you'll just end up with wasted opportunities.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Yeah I think some of the open spots at like Mustipher being an ERFA - which basically means he is back

With Quinn showing up - I am kind of not as scared of next year

And very much co-sign you can find Guards.

I think Guards might be either/or Whitehair or Daniels - Not both

The Key to next years decisions - Can we find out if either or both of the Rookie Tackles can play
RichH55
Hall of Famer

malk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:38 am

Look - lots to hammer Pace on - and the Cap always a good spot

But this team did not expect to suck over the last fews years - Maybe they should have? But I can't put that part on Pace (the ultimately sucking anyway? Sure and that's more important tio the resume)

But with Mack and Mitch having the good playoff year - I think "lets get ready for the rebuild" was not really a realistic option for any management team
wab
Mod

WHY DOES HE JUMP TO CATCH EVVVVVVVVERYTHING THROWN AT HIM?!?

If he just plants his feet and cuts, the defender has little chance at making a play. So. Frustrating.
wab
Mod

I can't stand Lambert or Sports Mockery... but I'm having a hard time picking this one apart.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... ll-enough/
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:31 pm I can't stand Lambert or Sports Mockery... but I'm having a hard time picking this one apart.

Criticism of the Bears for their handling of the contract situation felt justified at the time. This is a 1,000-yard receiver. This organization doesn’t have many of those. Pay whatever is necessary to keep this guy in navy blue. Except that would not be smart business. GM Ryan Pace’s job is to not just find good players but not overpay them. The common saying is don’t give B-grade talent A-grade money.
This is what I'm always saying when people can't stomach the idea of letting a good player get away.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

I'd rather keep him through the end of the year and then get a 3rd compensatory when he walks.
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
dplank
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:31 pm I can't stand Lambert or Sports Mockery... but I'm having a hard time picking this one apart.

Lambert is a massive tool, but yea he’s right here. Funny they track WR separation, our #1 WR is one of the worst at creating separation, and it’s a surprise to some folks that Fields has a low rate of throwing to open receivers? Fields is playing with a short deck right now IMO.
Last edited by dplank on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wab
Mod

dplank wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Lambert is a massive tool
Correct, and I try to let him know that on every possible occasion. But I have to be fair too and he's right on this one.
dplank
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Lambert is a massive tool
Correct, and I try to let him know that on every possible occasion. But I have to be fair too and he's right on this one.
He is, was just editing my last post to say just that lol
wab
Mod

Lambert is a massive tool, but yea he’s right here. Funny they track WR separation, our #1 WR is one of the worst at creating separation, and it’s a surprise to some folks that Fields has a low rate of throwing to open receivers? Fields is playing with a short deck right now IMO.
I think Mooney and Goodwin get separation just fine, but the OL isn't holding up enough to let them get deep. That clip above shows Goodwin breaking open across the middle for a potential TD, but Fields has to escape to his left before he can get to him in his progressions. Robinson is CONSTANTLY and oftentimes unnecessarily fighting for contested balls.

It's a catch 22. The Bears have some speed at WR, and everyone is complaining that the Bears pass short too many times, but they can't hold up in protection long enough to take the deep shots. So, they've been throwing short to intermediate pretty frequently. That hurts because it's not Mooney or Goodwin's game, and Robinson can't get separation on those routes for whatever reason.

Now... the pass blocking seems to be improving. And if the Bears keep running the ball like they have the last two games...those pass rushes will slow down, the pass blocking will get better, and those open deep shots will be easier to hit.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Yea agree, and play action should really start to open up for us. It was never a real threat before cause teams could stuff our rush so easy
IE
Hall of Famer

I remember teaching my son's peewee team to not jump to catch the ball (well - of course if it isn't a high pass). ARob has a bad habit, and it costs yards and probably catches.

The more success the Oline has at run blocking, the more success they'll have at pass blocking. Fractions of seconds will help. Also JF1's anticipation should get better and he'll start throwing to where they'll be. It's in his wheelhouse. Of course ideally the Oline would always give him enough time - but that hardly happens in the NFL. Perfectly set to make the perfect throw? Rare. Needing to complete a long pass off-balance on a key down and big-armed athletic QBs pulling it off? More common.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Xee
Site Admin

@wab Could be that he wants to try and make something for his highlight reel? Kinda like defenders who just lower their shoulder instead of tackling someone and then have the ball carrier just bounce off and keep running.