Allen Robinson

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

With Fields developing more of a rapport with guys like Mooney and Goodwin…and with Robinson’s agent bitching incessantly about the lack of targets for his client, my question is: Do you want the Bears to consider trading him before the deadline?

IMO they could net a first for him and recoup some of the lost capital from the JF trade.

I like Robinson (even though I think he overrated by the media), but I’d do it in a heartbeat.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

Trade him for sure if the option is available. Draft a WR early next year.

Let said WR and JF1 grow together along with Mooney and co.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

If they can get a first, absolutely.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... n-and-more
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

If you can get a first for Allen, I think you take it. Bring up Adams from the PS, and see if you can get some performance out of Perriman.
spudbear
MVP

I'd do the trade for a 2nd rounder. Teams typically do not trade for WR once the season starts, as it takes time for a QB and WR to work well together.

Graham could go for a 5th or later for all I care. Seeing Horsted inactive while lump Graham takes up space aggravates me. Fields and Horsted worked well together in the preseason, and I'd like to see Horsted get a chance to develop as a TE who can snap off some good receptions. All Graham is doing is taking away potential PT from Jesper.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
dplank
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:18 pm If you can get a first for Allen, I think you take it. Bring up Adams from the PS, and see if you can get some performance out of Perriman.
I don't think we'd get close to a 1st for him. It'd be a part time rental with no guarantee that he's on your team going forward. When this happens in baseball, you see great players moved for fairly small value in prospects in return.

I'd say we could get maybe a 3rd or 4th? I'd still do it. I know we'd be in line for a nice compensatory pick if he leaves in the off season, but those can get offset really easily and never materialize so I'd take the sure thing. Mooney appears to be our #1 right now, and sadly I've come to the realization that we're not going anywhere this season so might as well stock up for 2022.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

He’s still drawing the #1 CB in coverage. Take Robinson away and our other guys are going to look a lot more covered.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
malk
Head Coach

I'd take a 2nd and consider a 3rd to be honest! The comp pick point is a valid one but the cap space back would be very nice!

Not actually a third, given it would likely be a contender you'd hope it wouldn't be less than a low 2nd. Who has the space tho?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I'm starting to think my whole Pay ARob Trade Roquan opinion over the summer was a giant steaming pile of shit.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:50 pm I'm starting to think my whole Pay ARob Trade Roquan opinion over the summer was a giant steaming pile of shit.
I can confirm that. It was a steaming pile.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

malk wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:46 pm I'd take a 2nd and consider a 3rd to be honest! The comp pick point is a valid one but the cap space back would be very nice!

Not actually a third, given it would likely be a contender you'd hope it wouldn't be less than a low 2nd. Who has the space tho?
Ah, now that's a bit tricky.

At least he doesn't cost 18M, but right before deadline would be about 9.5

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:39 pm
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:18 pm If you can get a first for Allen, I think you take it. Bring up Adams from the PS, and see if you can get some performance out of Perriman.
I don't think we'd get close to a 1st for him. It'd be a part time rental with no guarantee that he's on your team going forward. When this happens in baseball, you see great players moved for fairly small value in prospects in return.

I'd say we could get maybe a 3rd or 4th? I'd still do it. I know we'd be in line for a nice compensatory pick if he leaves in the off season, but those can get offset really easily and never materialize so I'd take the sure thing. Mooney appears to be our #1 right now, and sadly I've come to the realization that we're not going anywhere this season so might as well stock up for 2022.

Agreed.

You need to manage your FA moves skillfully and Pace has a poor record for this sort of timing and coordination.
I'd take the late 2 readily. Late 3...mmm maybe. See how well he and Fields relate in the meantime.

Also, remember, though - if something would have canceled out the ARob loss, then it still moves on to canceling the next biggest instead.
So, for example, if the situation with no trades would have ended up being:

ARob - canceled out R3
Hicks - R3

Then trading ARob for a R3 means:
ARob - traded for R3
Hicks - canceled out R3

and you didn't really gain much - a couple draft slots, plus a little cap relief, minus however much ARob would have been good for Fields
Last edited by Moriarty on Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dplank
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:50 pm I'm starting to think my whole Pay ARob Trade Roquan opinion over the summer was a giant steaming pile of shit.
haha! Yep. But hey, we all have em - my list of failed takes is long and painful. One I'm starting to regret was my call to extend Akiem Hicks, can't believe the dude is hurt again (I think I'm the only one surprised by that lmao). I also wanted to lock in ARob and that looks entirely unnecessary. Thought Graham was worth keeping as a red zone target. I could keep going but it'd be embarrassing.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I hate agents, Fuck them all!!!! I would do it for a 3rd and nothing less. The team won yesterday without him being the man. I think Mooney, Goodwin, Byrd and the TEs if used can carry the load. Not sure I would draft a WR rd 1 (which they do not have right now, correct). I still go OL early.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:54 pm
I can confirm that. It was a steaming pile.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:03 pm Not sure I would draft a WR rd 1 (which they do not have right now, correct). I still go OL early.
I think you'd either need a draft pick or decent FA - but not 18M worth.

Depending on what's there, I could very easily imagine (me, not Pace) wanting to go T:1, G or C: 2, C or G: 3

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

It should be considered if something comes along. If its' a 1st it's a no brainer. I just don't think we could get a 1'st for half a season out of him (unless a contending team lost there #1 WR). Maybe you could get a 2nd, more likely 2 3rds.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

WHEN Fields develops into a top tier QB we aren't going to need $20M WRs.

What'll happen is that Fields will take mediocre or slightly above average WRs and turn them into studs by throwing the ball right into their hands.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:27 pm WHEN Fields develops into a top tier QB we aren't going to need $20M WRs.

What'll happen is that Fields will take mediocre or slightly above average WRs and turn them into studs by throwing the ball right into their hands.
See Tom Brady (I'm not comparing Fields to Brady, but he has elevated receivers for the last 12-15 years).
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:44 pm He’s still drawing the #1 CB in coverage. Take Robinson away and our other guys are going to look a lot more covered.
This. Even if he's not getting the targets he is helping the offense. This team has no one that can fill those shoes. For Fields development he needs weapons and ARob is the best weapon on this team outside of Montgomery. Mooney is not ready to beat number 1 receivers week in and week out.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:01 pm
dplank wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:39 pm

Agreed.

You need to manage your FA moves skillfully and Pace has a poor record for this sort of timing and coordination.
I'd take the late 2 readily. Late 3...mmm maybe. See how well he and Fields relate in the meantime.

Also, remember, though - if something would have canceled out the ARob loss, then it still moves on to canceling the next biggest instead.
So, for example, if the situation with no trades would have ended up being:

ARob - canceled out R3
Hicks - R3

Then trading ARob for a R3 means:
ARob - traded for R3
Hicks - canceled out R3

and you didn't really gain much - a couple draft slots, plus a little cap relief, minus however much ARob would have been good for Fields

Very interesting

I think for a 2nd maybe you do it?
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

He made a couple of nice catches against Detroit, especially that key 3rd down one. Maybe he and Fields will develop more chemistry. If a team came calling, though, I'd have to consider a 2nd rounder.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
wab
Mod

Grizzled wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:37 am He made a couple of nice catches against Detroit, especially that key 3rd down one. Maybe he and Fields will develop more chemistry. If a team came calling, though, I'd have to consider a 2nd rounder.
I don't think they will trade him if I'm being honest. But he's making a ton of money to only have 13 catches for 149 yards in a month.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:45 am
Grizzled wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:37 am He made a couple of nice catches against Detroit, especially that key 3rd down one. Maybe he and Fields will develop more chemistry. If a team came calling, though, I'd have to consider a 2nd rounder.
I don't think they will trade him if I'm being honest. But he's making a ton of money to only have 13 catches for 149 yards in a month.
If teams start keying on Mooney, that may free up more space for Robinson.
G08
Hall of Famer

I've said it before... I don't think he's a 1, but I have high expectations for WRs.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:10 pm
I've said it before... I don't think he's a 1, but I have high expectations for WRs.
He makes #1 type catches though. That one on the sidelines with ARob pulling off a perfect toe drag was very 1-esque.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:14 pm

He makes #1 type catches though. That one on the sidelines with ARob pulling off a perfect toe drag was very 1-esque.
He doesn't do it routinely though. Kicking a ball in the air for an INT last year, not getting both feet in on sideline catches where a true #1 would have, losing 50/50 balls to a corner, etc.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:07 pm With Fields developing more of a rapport with guys like Mooney and Goodwin…and with Robinson’s agent bitching incessantly about the lack of targets for his client, my question is: Do you want the Bears to consider trading him before the deadline?

IMO they could net a first for him and recoup some of the lost capital from the JF trade.

I like Robinson (even though I think he overrated by the media), but I’d do it in a heartbeat.
Not knowing where the first round pick is. Let's assume it's the 16th pick. Halfway through.

Yeah I can live with that. This season is a lost cause except for Fields' development anyway.
wab
Mod

I don't know if they could get a 1st. It would probably be from a team who is a contender and needs a little push - so maybe something in the 20's. I think that's MORE than fair for Robinson.

I think a 2 and a 4 would get it done though for me (putting on my Madden GM hat).
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:14 pm

Thats not how that works though.

He just doesnt get any separation. That's a problem especially with a Rookie QB

Of all the Bears and Bears fans - no one wants Dalton more than Robinson IMHO