Week 6 // Chicago Bears (3-2) vs. Green Bay Packers (4-1)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Sadly, like the Braveheart movie, for far too long the very notion of the Bears beating the Packers has had little basis in fact.

In theory this one should be tighter, with a strong Bears ground game eating clock against a mediocre Packers defense and keeping Rogers off the field for as much as possible, but that lucky git just always seems to find a way to win regardless of whether it's deserved... just look at his last game against the Bengals. Also I can't see the Packers receivers dropping passes left, right and centre like the Raiders did on Sunday. The pass rush needs to be at the top of its game or that secondary will get torched.

I hope I'm wrong but:

Bears: 17
Packers: 23
Richie
MVP

I think we have a strong chance at winning this game. However, I will believe we can beat them when I see it.

Green Bay 24
Bears 16
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

A A Ron and Davante Adams > that Chicago Bears secondary. I believe those 2 have a field day. I believe Tonyan has a big game as well. Bears are Rodger's Bitch.

Pack 31
Bears 16
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Honestly the Bears have a chance. The packers have injuries on the line, and a weak defense. Kind of plays in to the beats a bit. In all likelihood the Packers will win and crush my hope.

Bears 24
Packers 20
circlecitybear
Practice Squad

It looks like an over under predication game. If we keep The pack under 20 points we can win. Between 20 and 24, will be close. Over 24 we will lose. As someone predicted, a special team score could be the difference. Bears 23, Pack 20.
SgtPerry
Journeyman

Bears 28 - Packers 27 (with a missed XP granted by the Windy City)
"Good thing you are a Bears fan. No offense to worry about."
UOK 10/26/2020
G08
Hall of Famer

circlecitybear wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:06 am It looks like an over under predication game. If we keep The pack under 20 points we can win. Between 20 and 24, will be close. Over 24 we will lose. As someone predicted, a special team score could be the difference. Bears 23, Pack 20.
:thumbsup:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

The Bears will eventually dethrone the Packers, but they are not ready yet. Green Bay will come into Chicago and embarrass the Bears as has been usual lately. The Bears will get some points late to make the score look closer then the game actually is. Rodgers will have his smug smile early and often. We will all melt down and want to fire Nagy and the Defense and probably someone else as well after this game. But it will be ok, this team does seem to be coming together and can continue to grow after this terrible terrible game that is about to happen.

Packers win 28-21.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:53 pm Image

SONS OF CHICAGO, HIS NAME IS JUSTIN FIELDS!

AND IF HE WERE HERE. HE WOULD CONSUME THE PACKERS WITH LIGHTNING BOLTS FROM HIS EYES!

AND THUNDER FROM HIS ARSE!

WELL HE IS HERE BITCHEZ!

BEARS 24
PACKERS 17

FUCK YOU GREEN BAY!

FUCK YOU!

:clap:

bravo sir ... bravo
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears 28 packers 13
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Close game. Comes down to the final series. Erin has almost 2 full minutes to drive down the field for the game winning field goal..... but doesn't. Throws a pick to Vildor instead as the winds of change sweep through the city. Rodgers sinks into complete depression. Disappears for a few days as the media panics, then shows up with a face tattoo and announces he is entering rehab. We never see #12 on an NFL field again.

Bears: 24
Packers: 23
WagonForce
MVP

I don't have this one being close.

Packers 35
Bears 14

The usual stuff unfolds. The Bears pass rush can't get home (this may or may not be due to the Pack line being allowed to play by different rules than the rest of the league), Rodgers torches the team repeatedly with big plays. GB gets out to a lead and the Bears become one dimensional, allowing even a low tier Packers D to look respectable. Somehow GB looks like they're playing a home game, laughing it up on the sidelines as they cruise to another easy win over Chicago and a solid grip on the division race.

God I hope I'm wrong.
Xee
Site Admin

Not sure if it's just a coincidence or if the Bears are hoping for good mojo but they'll be wearing the white alternates for this game which we are undefeated in (3 - 0).

Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

I’m not phased by Rodgers and neither will Justin Fields be.

Fields is going to dominate this game and he’s going to put Rodgers in his place.

The defense will shut Rodgers out.

Bears 24 Pack 6
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:59 pm Not sure if it's just a coincidence or if the Bears are hoping for good mojo but they'll be wearing the white alternates for this game which we are undefeated in (3 - 0).

I love those jerseys. Have a Mack one like that.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:53 pm
Xee wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:59 pm Not sure if it's just a coincidence or if the Bears are hoping for good mojo but they'll be wearing the white alternates for this game which we are undefeated in (3 - 0).

IMO, this is the very best alternate uniform the Bears have come up with
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:42 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:53 pm

IMO, this is the very best alternate uniform the Bears have come up with

1947 Classics are my all-time favorite
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Bears 23
Pack 21
Crosby misses a FG, while Santos makes all 3 of his, including the game winner
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

wulfy
MVP

Packer 24
Beloved 21

> JF1 to ARob from 22 yards
> JF1 to Kmet from 5
> JF1 31 yard rush
malk
Head Coach

On offence we're going to keep up our run game and grind out some long drives to control the clock. Much like last week but this time Fields is going to be able to connect on a few deep shots and that will make all the difference.

On defence Desai is going to keep mixing things up and will frustrate Rodgers a little as we bottle up their rushing. They'll also break a couple of long passes and it's going to get scary at times when it looks like it might all start to fall down... but instead we stay resolute and do enough, turning potential TD drives into FG ones we drag home a win.

Bears 27, Packers 23.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Middleguard
MVP

I don't think the Bears can beat Rodgers. But both of my prediction programs (which know nothing about his hex on them) predict they can by 4-5 points. They differ in that one predicts about 50 total points in the game, and the other about 40. The first likes Malk's prediction. I'm going with the second:
Bears 21 Packers 17
wab
Mod

Justin is...not amused.

IE
Hall of Famer

Middleguard wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:15 pm I don't think the Bears can beat Rodgers. But both of my prediction programs (which know nothing about his hex on them) predict they can by 4-5 points. They differ in that one predicts about 50 total points in the game, and the other about 40. The first likes Malk's prediction. I'm going with the second:
Bears 21 Packers 17
27-23 was used already. :)
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Xee
Site Admin

@wab I was kind of disappointed in Hoge for asking that especially since him and Jahns usually make fun of reporters who ask questions like that. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounded disingenuous and on today's podcast he spent almost like 10 minutes on it, hand-waiving it away by saying "I didn't mean anything by it" and "It's just the facts".
UOK
Site Admin

Xee wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:46 pm @wab I was kind of disappointed in Hoge for asking that especially since him and Jahns usually make fun of reporters who ask questions like that. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounded disingenuous and on today's podcast he spent almost like 10 minutes on it, hand-waiving it away by saying "I didn't mean anything by it" and "It's just the facts".
I'm still debating my feelings on Hoge and Jahns. They both are pretty smarmy and dickish. I don't think Chicago sports media needs more of that. Fishbain is usually quite good, however.
IE
Hall of Famer

Biggs reporting Williams to Covid list... young Herbert, your table is set. I like this kid. I had confidence last week that he'd get the job done. I believe he'll have a great game Sunday.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Xee
Site Admin

UOK wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:00 pm
Xee wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:46 pm @wab I was kind of disappointed in Hoge for asking that especially since him and Jahns usually make fun of reporters who ask questions like that. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounded disingenuous and on today's podcast he spent almost like 10 minutes on it, hand-waiving it away by saying "I didn't mean anything by it" and "It's just the facts".
I'm still debating my feelings on Hoge and Jahns. They both are pretty smarmy and dickish. I don't think Chicago sports media needs more of that. Fishbain is usually quite good, however.
Good way to describe them. Additionally, they tend to often play revisionist. One recent example was when they predicted that Rodney Adams would make the 53 and were very patting themselves on the back when he did, lauding him and saying how deserved it, would make in impact, etc.. But when he was quickly moved to the practice squad, in the next episode one of them said, "Yeah, I know I said he would make the 53 but in my mind, I knew as I was saying that he would be going to the practice squad." and the other was like, "Yeah, it was obvious." Give me a break.

Honestly, the only Bears podcast that hasn't let me down so far is Bears Talk Underground. Just a fellow meatball voicing his opinions like the rest of us.
UOK
Site Admin

Xee wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:15 pm

Good way to describe them. Additionally, they tend to often play revisionist. One recent example was when they predicted that Rodney Adams would make the 53 and were very patting themselves on the back when he did, lauding him and saying how deserved it, would make in impact, etc.. But when he was quickly moved to the practice squad, in the next episode one of them said, "Yeah, I know I said he would make the 53 but in my mind, I knew as I was saying that he would be going to the practice squad." and the other was like, "Yeah, it was obvious." Give me a break.

Honestly, the only Bears podcast that hasn't let me down so far is Bears Talk Underground. Just a fellow meatball voicing his opinions like the rest of us.
I only occasionally listen to the Hoge/Jahns Athletic podcast, and only because the post-game on WSCR has SO MANY ADS. I can't really enjoy Bears/NFL podcasting much anymore, really. It's the same old shit recycled 1000 times over featuring phone calls from dumbasses.
G08
Hall of Famer

Really? I LOVE Hoge and Jahns! Hoge is a bit of a douche sometimes (typical White Sox fan) but I feel like Jahns keeps him in check a bit. Fishbain is kind of a gomer.