Week 7 // Chicago Bears (3-3) @ Tampa Bay Bucs (5-1)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

otis
Pro Bowler

Bears 10 bucks 35. Why fight it anymore.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

Bears lose 30-10😭
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

*slaps microphone* The Bears are who we though they were and the Bucs let em off the hook.

Bears: 27
Bucs: 24
Xee
Site Admin

otis wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:51 pm Bears 10 bucks 35. Why fight it anymore.
Sounds about right. And just to rub it in, after he throws his fifth touchdown I can see Brady finding the nearest camera and holding up 4 fingers while making a confused face.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:37 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:57 am

I needed to read something like this.

I’m on a shame spiral over last Sunday.

The only things brining me joy as a Bears fan this week are my Justin Fields cards and making fun of Rich.
Hey TMP,
Your posts are some of my “go to” posts so I’m pleased you got something from a relative newby like me. Sometimes it’s tough being a bears fan, they put us through so much, it’s often the hope that kills you.

I’ve just decided that whatever goes down, number 1 I’m a bears fan through all the highs and lows, and bears fans are great at sticking together.
I’m a great believer in positivity, I think positive things happen to positive people and if we all stay positive about the bears who knows what they’ll pull off. It’s easy to be negative and I’m done with all that. Being uber-positive is tough but so much more fun.

From now on, positivity all the way.
If we always win and shut the opponents out every game, after a while that’s boring. I’d much rather be a fan of a ‘rollercoaster inconsistent team’ who have such loyal, fun fans as bears fans.

When the day comes and we absolutely nail Rodger’s Packers how amazing will that day be? It’s coming and I know the great bears fans will celebrate it hard. Then we’ll see who owns who!
You're absolutely right man and thank you for the compliment.

I need to stop it with the week long pity party. The best way for me to turn that around is either a jumbo Slurpee or go catch some bass.

I'm still just as excited about Fields and the future today as I was on draft day. I need to transition my focus to the Bucs and The GOAT.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I'll say this in favor of our guys: every time I throw in the towel on this team they turn around and surprise me. Let's hope they pull off a major upset here, the schedule does start to lighten up a bit in a few weeks and if we can steal a win we aren't supposed to get, playoffs are still possible.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I really don't see a theft of this game. Just not possible. If I was a betting person I would put a nice chunk of change on this game, but I am not. I just see the Bucs as having too much on both sides of the ball for the Bears to handle.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Well you could be $100 to win $550, not bad. Except that you've most likely flushed a hondo down the toilet lol.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Really big line... Bucs - 12.5.

I'm not a sports better. I'd lay the points. But it's a big number.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:09 pm Really big line... Bucs - 12.5.

Wow. Harsh.

My poll may get very different answers before and after the game.
(It really shouldn't, since most of us are predicting in line with the line - but seeing it is still an emotional experience)
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
WagonForce
MVP

Bears 13
Bucs 42

It's going to be a tough one. I picked the Bucs last year and was (very) pleasantly surprised when the Bears delivered the upset. Two years in a row? Brady with an excuse to get some revenge? Sadly, I think this is a massacre.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

With the multiple starters on D injured and Quinn on the covid list, the Bears have no chance. Maybe Fields throws some bombs and keeps it close but I doubt it.

Bucs 31
Bears 14
xyt in the discord chats
IE
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:09 pm Really big line... Bucs - 12.5.

I'm taking the Bears and the points, and the over. I bought 3 extra points to get it to 15.5 and bought the over down to 44. $100 to win $152. Go Bears!
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

I should have posted earlier, my top 2 predictions already taken.

So....the GOAT remembers...any sleight perceived or real he remembers. He remembers the embarrassment of last year. The Bears will pay for this before a late score or two makes the game seem closer than it really is.

Bucs win 31-21
Burl
Crafty Veteran

Nagy 13
Arians 38

Still wish we'd hired that guy instead of goddam Trestman.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Burl wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:16 am Nagy 13
Arians 38

Still wish we'd hired that guy instead of goddam Trestman.
The biggest mistake of the last decade IMO. Don't think they would have won the Super Bowl as that team was declining too quickly, but it wouldn't have been the shit show it became with Arians and maybe he actually could have built them back into a contender.

Like, it was the easiest coaching hire to make and somehow some way Emery and the Bears FO fucked it up.
:frustrated:
G08
Hall of Famer

:shock:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Xee
Site Admin

Probably being extra cautious with some guys. Not like they're going to need them against us.
spudbear
MVP

I think I counted 2 positive picks to this point. I'll third it.

Father Time catches up to GOAT as he strains a hammy trying to avoid Gipson. Herbert bounces runs outside, JF1 steps through the pocket for big gains, and two long TD's to Mooney and ARob along with a short one to Jesper. Oh yeah, EJax finally gets an INT and tells everyone "you can shut the F up now".

Bears 30
Bucs 24
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
UOK
Site Admin

Bears are going to lose by 50.

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I'm making this prediction with the assumption the Quinn gets cleared from COVID and Mack plays.

If that happens I predict our sack totals continue to climb this year and we log another 4 in this game.

People talk about our commitment to the run and I think a large part of that has been who we were playing - they all stunk vs the run. This has bought Fields more time to get ready for the game at the NFL level. Tampa does NOT suck vs the run and we will have a ton of success early on with play-action --they've seen what we have done as of late and will be expecting us to run. Our first 2 drive result in long TD passes by Fields off play action and we jump out early to a 14-0 lead. Nagy and company then work to shorten the game running the ball and short controlled passes. With the defense playing lights out (did I mention that Jackson is going to have a pick) it works to perfection. Final score:

Bears - 31
Bucs -14
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Arkansasbear wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:35 pm I'm making this prediction with the assumption the Quinn gets cleared from COVID and Mack plays.

If that happens I predict our sack totals continue to climb this year and we log another 4 in this game.

People talk about our commitment to the run and I think a large part of that has been who we were playing - they all stunk vs the run. This has bought Fields more time to get ready for the game at the NFL level. Tampa does NOT suck vs the run and we will have a ton of success early on with play-action --they've seen what we have done as of late and will be expecting us to run. Our first 2 drive result in long TD passes by Fields off play action and we jump out early to a 14-0 lead. Nagy and company then work to shorten the game running the ball and short controlled passes. With the defense playing lights out (did I mention that Jackson is going to have a pick) it works to perfection. Final score:

Bears - 31
Bucs -14
Nice one :D
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

spudbear wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:14 pm I think I counted 2 positive picks to this point. I'll third it.

Father Time catches up to GOAT as he strains a hammy trying to avoid Gipson. Herbert bounces runs outside, JF1 steps through the pocket for big gains, and two long TD's to Mooney and ARob along with a short one to Jesper. Oh yeah, EJax finally gets an INT and tells everyone "you can shut the F up now".

Bears 30
Bucs 24
Good work spud welcome to the light 8-)
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

dplank
Hall of Famer

It's not insignificant that Gronk, Antonio Brown, and David are all out. Those are three big players for them. If OJ Howard or JPP can't go, even better. <insert standard Dumb and Dumber gif here about having a chance>
G08
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:58 pm It's not insignificant that Gronk, Antonio Brown, and David are all out. Those are three big players for them.
I do feel better with those three dudes out, Sherman is out as well. Vea and Suh inside still scare the shit out of me. Evans and Godwin at WR are no slouches either.

I like the matchup more now, no doubt, but the defense is going to have to be flawless and JF1 is going to have to 4 or 5 big plays.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:58 pm It's not insignificant that Gronk, Antonio Brown, and David are all out. Those are three big players for them. If OJ Howard or JPP can't go, even better. <insert standard Dumb and Dumber gif here about having a chance>
Don't say I never did anything for you. LOL. :)

Xee
Site Admin

docc
Head Coach

Hicks out...?

Shocking..shocking I say..
Middleguard
MVP

Bears usually wilt in the Florida heat, but I still think Bears' D (practice squad as they may be) can hold Bucs under 30.

Bears 17 Bucs 27
IE
Hall of Famer

Are we thinking Hicks is on his last tour with the Bears? He looked so good coming into camp. But the endless injuries. I felt bad for him with that groin last week. One great play & then there he goes...
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!