Week 7 // Chicago Bears (3-3) @ Tampa Bay Bucs (5-1)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

thunderspirit
Head Coach

IE wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:58 pm Are we thinking Hicks is on his last tour with the Bears? He looked so good coming into camp. But the endless injuries. I felt bad for him with that groin last week. One great play & then there he goes...
Father Time is undefeated.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

So Hicks is out and I'm assuming so is Quinn in a game where we need the Bears pass rush to be firing on all cylinders. I'm struggling to see how the Bears are going to slow Brady down even though he's missing some key targets. As for the Bears offense, well they barely have one to mention. The only part functioning well is the run game and unfortunately that's exactly the strength of the Buccaneer's defense.

Bears: 16
Bucs: 31

I fear it could be considerably worse.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY BITCHES!!!!

Here we go. Taking on the GOAT today. The Bucs secondary is really banged up, but their run defense is the best in the NFL. If the Bears are going to win today, we need quick passes across the middle, and the occasional deep shot off of PA. Aaannnndd...we need Brady to throw some very un-Brady like interceptions, and maybe fumble. Graham is out due to COVID. Mr. Horsted...your table is waiting!
karhu
Head Coach

I never do these, and might never again.

But watching KC-Tennessee right now, I'm reminded that anything can happen.

Bears 27
Bucs 24
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:58 pm Are we thinking Hicks is on his last tour with the Bears? He looked so good coming into camp. But the endless injuries. I felt bad for him with that groin last week. One great play & then there he goes...
Probably - but it also probably doesn't have to be that way.

They keep thinking short term and pushing him out there, just so he can play a little before reaggravating it.
If they'd just suck it up and let him sit a few weeks and heal it, it very likely could have been over and done with by now.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

I bet Horstead wouldn't have dropped that perfect pass on 3rd down like Kmet did.
Artbest
Player of the Month

Getting really ugly - fields with the great escape but a terrible throw for an easy int.

Bears don’t appear to have a very good plan on offense today and Justin is struggling with what Bowles is throwing at him
spudbear
MVP

Bears took a punch in the mouth to begin, seemed like they recovered with the big stop by the D, and then more bad luck. ARob and Fields are not on the same page. Mooney looked wide open on that play. Bears have to be near perfect to beat the Bucs and they are imperfect.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Instead of guessing the score, maybe we should guess how many minutes left when TB takes their foot off the throat and eases off.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wiNDycityfan
Pro Bowler

This offense is straight out of the 1950’s. I’ve seen high schools run better schemes. Just putrid talent, execution, imagination.
spudbear
MVP

Ifedi, Borom, Wilkinson, Simmons ... and then a guy off the fishing dock at LT. What a clusterf$%^. I was hoping to see Bars at RT but that does not seem to be happening.

These are the times that will test a Bears fan. Guess I'll do something useful while watching the slaughter, like the laundry.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
dave99
Assistant Coach

Think of it as a large dose of castor oil. Tastes awful but it will help clean out the system.
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
wab
Mod

Listening to the announcers clown on the Bears is pretty much all it took for me to turn the game off.

I can count on one hand how many times I’ve turned a game off. Such a tragic team.
wiNDycityfan
Pro Bowler

Not one deep shot off play action pass, even if just for the hell of it. This coaching staff is amateur hour at its purest form
spudbear
MVP

Quinn and Hicks out has made it much more difficult. The Bucs OL has won the battle in the trenches, and Kamara is a weak substitute. Gipson has not made one play yet.

Ah well, maybe they can win the second half. Uh huh.

George Halas
wiNDycityfan
Pro Bowler

Men against middle schoolers
UOK
Site Admin

The divide in talent is an ocean.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I also had to turn the game off. Less than a handful I've ever done that for. It feels like Nagy's calling plays, the offense is below inept.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
karhu
Head Coach

wiNDycityfan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:29 pm Not one deep shot off play action pass, even if just for the hell of it. This coaching staff is amateur hour at its purest form
Because what we need are plays that take even longer to develop, and require even quicker decision-making by Fields.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

karhu
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:53 pm I also had to turn the game off. Less than a handful I've ever done that for. It feels like Nagy's calling plays, the offense is below inept.
It's the whole game plan, really. Who limits his team to plays that demand terrible blocking, bad decisions, missed receivers, and drops? I mean, assuming that nothing's the fault of the players and that we're actually as talented as the defending world champions. Just like we were the last time we beat them, which must've been in the old days of the NFC Central.

Artbest
Player of the Month

Haven’t seen anything like this since 2014
Hero
Player of the Month

CBS might switch to another game.
wiNDycityfan
Pro Bowler

karhu wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:55 pm
wiNDycityfan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:29 pm Not one deep shot off play action pass, even if just for the hell of it. This coaching staff is amateur hour at its purest form
Because what we need are plays that take even longer to develop, and require even quicker decision-making by Fields.
Right. Cause all play action passes are slow developing plays. Thanks for chiming in Mrs. Nagy.
spudbear
MVP

Halftime horror. Odds of Dalton replacing Fields, just for the Justin of it? If they're going to play short ball against the Bucs then may as well put Dalton in.

I know the game is out of reach but how do you let Vildor go single on Evans and don't have other DB's in the end zone. EJax looking off from ten yards ... sheesh.

George Halas
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

karhu wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:33 pm I never do these, and might never again.

But watching KC-Tennessee right now, I'm reminded that anything can happen.

Bears 27
Bucs 24
KC and the Titans are good teams, Chicago, not so much. Chicago has to score a helluva lot more than their avg, which the will not and cannot do.
dave99
Assistant Coach

The next meeting of the Nagy Fan Club will be held in a broom closet.
Pace will not be attending.
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
wab
Mod

This is currently as bad of an offense as has ever existed in the modern era of Bears Football.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

1. Obvious talent differences.
2. Watch the time Brady has to throw vs. Fields. No comparison.

I stand by my statement that Fields is not ready to play and shouldn't be playing.

Gotta like what Kahlil Herbert is doing though. And for a backup, I like what DHC has done.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
spudbear
MVP

wab wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:08 pm This is currently as bad of an offense as has ever existed in the modern era of Bears Football.
Henry Burris bad?
The only other one that comes to mind is when Fox put long-neck Glennon out there for the first four games. Seems like he had a better OL then though.

George Halas
karhu
Head Coach

wiNDycityfan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:02 pm
karhu wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Right. Cause all play action passes are slow developing plays. Thanks for chiming in Mrs. Nagy.
I've never chimed, squirted, or done anything else in Mrs. Nagy, thanks.

Ahem. Asking this group to execute more complex plays can't be the answer. Talent's not there, no matter how much we yell at our TVs (I'm trying to keep it together while my seven-year-old has a friend over, so I envy anyone free to scream bloody murder).
Last edited by karhu on Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.