Tom Brady is a Smug Punk

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Wouldn't mind seeing him get this treatment repeatedly Sunday:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ste ... 1908300177
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Xee
Site Admin

He's still salty about losing to us last year. Since we know this is going to be a loss, I'm all for having Nick Foles play for a bit just to mess with him.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:30 am He's still salty about losing to us last year. Since we know this is going to be a loss, I'm all for having Nick Foles play for a bit just to mess with him.
Yes! Roll out big dick nick the giant slayer! Just for a series to troll Brady then unleash the dragon lol
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

He has every right to be smug. I thought this was funny as hell. Nice to see Brady have a humorous side and kind of show he is not a machine.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

WE ARE IN HIS HEAD!
We are living rent free in his head.
He can’t forget about the loss last season.

Hey Tom, it isn’t smart to be smug BEFORE the game.

Never mock an injured Bear
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:20 am He has every right to be smug. I thought this was funny as hell. Nice to see Brady have a humorous side and kind of show he is not a machine.
He actually does have a humorous side which he can show in Tampa, not so much under Bellichick.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

5th down Tom.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

That sounds humorous to me. Not really smug.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:24 pm
Otis Day wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:20 am He has every right to be smug. I thought this was funny as hell. Nice to see Brady have a humorous side and kind of show he is not a machine.
He actually does have a humorous side which he can show in Tampa, not so much under Bellichick.
I forgot about his Subway commercial about the cologne, that is funny as well.

Peeps be getting soft?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

He's The GOAT and compared to Michael Jordan he's pretty mild.
docc
Head Coach

Brady don't eat bread or pasta so.. .he is dead to this old dago guy..
vafangulo !
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I didn't take it as smug just joking around.

That said, it's still not a move he should make right before playing us. I've never thought that "bulletin board" material had huge impacts on getting a team ready to play. But none the less don't give it to them, especially a team that is down at the time.
spudbear
MVP

I think him and Erin are butt buddies. In a good way :?

Not-so-fun factoid on Brady: Sunday's game will be the first time he has gone up (started) against a former Buckeye QB, according to an article at NFL.com.
"That's interesting. Why is there not a lot of Ohio State quarterbacks in the pros? There were a lot of Michigan guys over the years, but not a lot of Ohio State guys. I'll be sure to say hi to him after the game."
He also talked about the 4 finger incident from last year:
"It seems like a long time ago, but actually it wasn't that long ago," Brady recalled Thursday. "Yeah, that hasn't happened very often in my career; for some reason it happened in that moment. But yeah, that was a tough loss and I think we learned a lot from that loss last year."

Brady went on to lead Tampa Bay on a white-hot playoff run that ended in a convincing win in Super Bowl LV.

If history serves as a predictor of things to come, a little confusion and an upset loss wouldn't doom the Buccaneers, again one of a handful of contenders expected to vie for the NFC crown. The way the Buccaneers have played lately, they shouldn't end up trying to explain themselves after Sunday's meeting.
Now that would be an interesting press conference if he had to explain himself ... again.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:28 pm
Grizzled wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:24 pm

I forgot about his Subway commercial about the cologne, that is funny as well.

Peeps be getting soft?
yeah ... I don't have a problem with what Brady said and I think it was funny
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Mike Evans, Tampa Bay WR, caught Brady's 600th TD pass. Brady is the only QB to reach this level in league history. Evans ran through the end zone and gave the ball to a fan wearing his jersey as a 'thank you'. This immediately led to TB team officials rushing over to 'negotiate' for the return of the historic ball, conservatively estimated to be worth $500,000. The fan gave the ball back for a signed Evans jersey and game worn shoes, 2 signed Brady jerseys, a $1000 gift card to the Tampa team shop, and season passes for the rest of this year and all of next year. Still think he should have held out for playoff/SB tix also a luxury box for at least the rest of this year.