TE Jimmy Graham to the COVID-19 list

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

However are we going to overcome this loss?
spudbear
MVP

Ah geez, get much more and we'll have a super spreader. It's Jesper and Jessie time.
I'll be curious to see if the missing bodies have an effect on ST's. We'll see if Nagy is keeping on top of that.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Basically the only correct reaction:
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

The Cooler King wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:16 pm Basically the only correct reaction:
:applaud:
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
docc
Head Coach

I guess he got open for once
G08
Hall of Famer

He's vaccinated as well, which worries me that this is a breakthrough case as a result of the Delta variant.

No bueno.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
G08
Hall of Famer

Somewhere @IE weeps with joy :lol:

Kidding aside, could you imagine if Horsted has a huge game and this spring boards him to being TE2?

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

docc wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:48 pm I guess he got open for once
I think it got on the COVID list due to his lack of separation. :welcome:
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

G08 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:50 pm He's vaccinated as well, which worries me that this is a breakthrough case as a result of the Delta variant.

No bueno.
So I don't fully understand all the NFL COVID rules, but I don't think him being put on the list means he has COVID. I think it could also mean he had exposure to someone else who tested positive. Right? Think he could still play if he gets test today and tomorrow and is negative (although I'm fine with him not suiting up, don't see how anyone could do worse than he has so far).
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

The Cooler King wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:16 pm Basically the only correct reaction:
Can we add in "Blown block that negated a TD: 1"
G08
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:56 pm
Can we add in "Blown block that negated a TD: 1"
Also please add "snarky re-tweet of poor Chicago Bears offensive production"

G08
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:55 pm
G08 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:50 pm He's vaccinated as well, which worries me that this is a breakthrough case as a result of the Delta variant.

No bueno.
So I don't fully understand all the NFL COVID rules, but I don't think him being put on the list means he has COVID. I think it could also mean he had exposure to someone else who tested positive. Right? Think he could still play if he gets test today and tomorrow and is negative (although I'm fine with him not suiting up, don't see how anyone could do worse than he has so far).
Great point, I jumped the gun.

Xee
Site Admin

To be fair, Graham has only been targeted 3 times and that one completion was for 11 yards. Plus, but some accounts (I've heard others differ) he's been a great blocker.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:51 pm
Kidding aside, could you imagine if Horsted has a huge game and this spring boards him to being TE2?
I want this soooooo badly!!
dplank
Hall of Famer

I guess we find out Saturday if either Williams or Quinn can play. Williams is not vaxxed, making his stint on IL longer than it needed to be. Shame cause this was his chance to start and earn himself some money next year showing what he's got. Instead it's given Herbert the job and he's the one making waves - tough luck but it was his choice and his consequence to bear. Quinn is vaxxed so he might be actually able to play Sunday, fingers crossed for a couple negative tests on Saturday!! Who'd have thunk we'd all be on pins and needles hoping Quinn could suit up? Props to him for a big turnaround season thus far.

Meanwhile, let's all hope Horsted shines and takes over that role permanently. It's there for the taking.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:57 pm
Arkansasbear wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:55 pm

Here's the relevant information from nfl.com:
One unchanged rule is the high-risk close contact protocol. Fully vaccinated individuals will not be designated as high-risk close contacts, but can be held to daily testing for five days. Therefore, only unvaccinated players are at risk of missing games without a positive test.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agre ... lar-season
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:00 pm
G08 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:57 pm

Here's the relevant information from nfl.com:
One unchanged rule is the high-risk close contact protocol. Fully vaccinated individuals will not be designated as high-risk close contacts, but can be held to daily testing for five days. Therefore, only unvaccinated players are at risk of missing games without a positive test.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agre ... lar-season
So I take it that just about everybody on the team but Williams is vaccinated? I mean Williams actually had Covid didn't he? Wouldn't that mean that everybody else on the team was in close proximation to him? I mean, you'd think so.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Xee wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:25 pm To be fair, Graham has only been targeted 3 times and that one completion was for 11 yards. Plus, but some accounts (I've heard others differ) he's been a great blocker.
I was just going to say this.
I'm not a fan of his, and say what you want about his offensive production....
He has been a blocking machine this year and will be missed!
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

@ 6:01

https://youtu.be/Z7gSNTRSFRI

In case anybody's curious as to what a 5 million dollar reception looks like. Although not a touchdown, at least it's a first down. :frustrated:
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Jesper Horsted... Your time has arrived.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
IE
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:51 pm Somewhere @IE weeps with joy :lol:

Happy Happy Joy Joy!! LOL

Starting U baby, and Kmet is a great Y!

I'm also a big fan of James. But by all means, Bill and Matty... see what Byrd can do. :sick:
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
dplank
Hall of Famer

Williams is active for tomorrow. Haven't heard anything on Quinn yet.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:12 am Jesper Horsted... Your time has arrived.
Yet another reason to fire Nagy.

It's takes a 34 year old TE, who never plays anyway, getting Covid for us to have hope that a TE like Horsted who was a TD catching machine in preseason and then proved himself with a TD earlier this year from Fields on a difficult throw, to get playing time.

I know that it was preseason when Horsted lit it up, but what's the point of the whole thing when a guy kills it every chance he gets like Horsted but still never gets serious reps?

They've got this massive boner for Kmet, who hasn't done shit, because otherwise Pace looks like an even bigger piece of shit if yet another highly drafted TE bombs out, but Horsted does nothing but kick ass with the endorsement of the new QB and they don't even give him the time of day.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:27 am
Xee wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:25 pm To be fair, Graham has only been targeted 3 times and that one completion was for 11 yards. Plus, but some accounts (I've heard others differ) he's been a great blocker.
Are we talking about the same Jimmy Graham? I've never heard anything favorable with him and blocking in the same sentence.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Xee
Site Admin

@Grizzled Some people here who re-watched games have mentioned it and I've also heard it on a couple of podcasts, which I phrased it as "by some accounts" (sorry for the typo in the original post).
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:55 pm @Grizzled Some people here who re-watched games have mentioned it and I've also heard it on a couple of podcasts, which I phrased it as "by some accounts" (sorry for the typo in the original post).
Some people are commenting that he is effective at blocking? That would at least be some contribution this year.
IE
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:57 am
Xee wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:55 pm @Grizzled Some people here who re-watched games have mentioned it and I've also heard it on a couple of podcasts, which I phrased it as "by some accounts" (sorry for the typo in the original post).
Some people are commenting that he is effective at blocking? That would at least be some contribution this year.
He had an awful block he missed (I think Cincy) on what would have been JF1's second rushing TD. But he's also been blocking in-line and doing "OK" at it. He made a couple of notable blocks including helping Herbert gain an extra 5 for a first down against (I think) Detroit. So he should get credit for it when he does something that helps. But for his career he's not known to be a blocker especially in open space where he has (as far as I've seen) either missed or didn't try. Maybe he's a better in-line blocker than blocking receiver. He might be a better in-line blocker than James, who was let go by the Lions because he didn't impress in that area (although he seems OK at it from what I've seen here & at Pittsburgh).
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
MoFugger
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:21 pm
MoFugger wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:27 am
Are we talking about the same Jimmy Graham? I've never heard anything favorable with him and blocking in the same sentence.
I honestly don't know anymore come on I'm starting to think we're all watching different games.

It's easy to point out his fuck ups. And his one catch is unremarkable.
I would have no problem cutting him today.
But if I'm speaking honestly, his blocking this year has been pretty fucking good.

That is the problem with a blocking tight end, you don't notice the good plays, you notice the fuck ups.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:48 pm
Grizzled wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:21 pm

I honestly don't know anymore come on I'm starting to think we're all watching different games.

It's easy to point out his fuck ups. And his one catch is unremarkable.
I would have no problem cutting him today.
But if I'm speaking honestly, his blocking this year has been pretty fucking good.

That is the problem with a blocking tight end, you don't notice the good plays, you notice the fuck ups.
I'm glad to hear it. He's been dogged his entire career for lack of blocking effort.