Whither Thou ARob?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Whither Thou ARob?

Lost a half-step from last season.
7%
Treated Fields like a kid during preseason, and JF1 remembers.
No votes
Personal problems outside of football distracting him.
7%
Starting the downside of his career.
11%
Secretly misses Mitch.
21%
Tired of playing for a losing team and inept offense.
54%

Total votes: 28
wab
Mod

To b perfectly clear, I'm in the "move on" camp and have been there since he was franchised.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

The prevailing theory on this board is that he quit and didn't try etc etc but hopefully the incoming GM would know better. Everyone is getting fired so it's hard to say who exactly would be the trusted source but somebody - maybe even Soup Campbell - should know what the lockerroom thought about how ARob played this year better than we do.
xyt in the discord chats
Middleguard
MVP

Moriarty wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:05 am "Secretly misses Mitch" made me laugh.

But, after considering the other choices and thinking about it, I think that really is closest to the correct answer.

Fields surveys options, sees Robinson has little separation, and says "screw it, I'm not throwing into tight coverage like that".
Mitch used to survey options, say "OMG, what should I do? Screw it, I'll just throw it to Robinson".

The latter was a lot better for Robinson's career, numbers, and attitude.
Revisiting this thread, your comments represent what I was thinking to myself all season.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:32 pm Is there a chance he comes back now that Nagy is gone? I'd prefer he move on.
No. That bridge has been burned, and I wouldn't want him back anyway. Any player that mails it in that badly because he's disgruntled can go fuck off. (PS I love pissing on Nagy's grave too, but Robinson thumbed his nose at the entire organization and the fans).
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:44 pm
wab wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:32 pm Is there a chance he comes back now that Nagy is gone? I'd prefer he move on.
No. That bridge has been burned, and I wouldn't want him back anyway. Any player that mails it in that badly because he's disgruntled can go fuck off. (PS I love pissing on Nagy's grave too, but Robinson thumbed his nose at the entire organization and the fans).
I'm the opposite. I'd bring ARob back in a hot minute (at a fair price) with a coach who was willing to use him. Nagy clearly wanted to emphasize speedy smurfs in his offense and ARob wasn't that.

I think the answer to ARob's poor season isn't any one of the poll options. It's several. Let's not forget that ARob dealt with a bunch of injuries this year, which can affect your play, even if you're in the lineup. I think not working with Fields in TC was a factor. I also have a hunch that ARob had it out with Nagy at some point about his offense and found himself in the doghouse. See Foles and Trubisky. Hindsight shows us that Nagy held grudges with players that affected their PT.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.