Week 9 // Chicago Bears (3-5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (4-3)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

I do think they can get to Ben... but if the run defense lays another egg it's going to be an issue.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

We give up ~200 yards on the ground
We allow 6 sacks against the D line
Game is still close
17-9 Steelers
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

When we go against GOOD defenses this year, our offense is bad. Pittsburgh defense is pretty good.

Steelers 22
Bears 16
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Feels like Steelers are almost as wonky as us but schedule broke well as Bills only impressive win IMO. Feel like if we can stop the run we can win, but we also are not a good prime time team.

Bears hold Harris to a modest game to screw one of my fantasy teams and Johnson and Friemuth both find end zone to screw another. Bears lose 17-16.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:01 am Bears lose...then fire the coach in-season for the first time in team history.

Bears 6
Steelers 27
Don't tease us with unreachable hopes, LOL.

I think it can go either way, but it is in their favor. If Fields is allowed to play more into his strengths instead of being squished into Nagy's shit system, if we can stop Najee Harris and force it to be on Ben's withering arm, I think we can win it.

Bears: 20
Steelers: 27
dplank
Hall of Famer

Steelers 31
Bears 17

I really want to see Borom vs Watt, what a huge test for the rookie against who I think is the best pass rusher in football.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Word is the Bears are already looking at HC candidates to replace Nagy. The most Bears thing in the world to do before a mini-rebuild would be to win a bunch of meaningless games.

Bears: 27
Steelers: 21
IE
Hall of Famer

Big Ben isn't what he used to be. And his WR corpse aren't very good, really. Claypool is in a sophomore slump and Juju out and Diontae Johnson isn't going to dominate the Bears like Adams. Ebron's been dinged and he's lousy anyway. They have the new young TE but I think the Bear safeties and LB can handle him. It's no wonder like 70% of their offense goes through Harris.

Really the entire game comes down to Najee Harris - who is pretty good. But is he a beast in the mode of Dalvin Cook or Kamara and such? I think the Bears are up to shutting him down to the extent necessary, and keeping him to 1-2 TDs and maybe one other with Ben passing. At the most. And oh yeah their money kicker is out, and they may actually be going mostly for 2 pointers.

So yeah I think the Bears can be less challenged by them than the Niners and hold them to 20 or less. All we need is JF1 to feed Juice (and maybe Monty coming in to shake some rust off), continue being a good running threat himself and then use those TEs like he should. This one is there for the taking.

I'm bullish enough on the Bears in this game to be betting real money on them. I have two bets with the Bears covering and the over 39 (one is a parlay with other bets). And then I have a couple with the Bears winning outright - one moneyline and one with the over. All in all a hundred bucks on the beloved. It's going to be a good day if the Bears win, and I think it will be a good day. :)
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

When Nagy's seat got hot last season, he finally gave up play calling.... kinda. Maybe now that his seat is on fire, he'll do some more addition by subtraction and get out of the way. His desperation level for wins has to be at an all time high.
Xee
Site Admin

IE wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:07 amI'm bullish enough on the Bears in this game to be betting real money on them. I have two bets with the Bears covering and the over 39 (one is a parlay with other bets). And then I have a couple with the Bears winning outright - one moneyline and one with the over. All in all a hundred bucks on the beloved. It's going to be a good day if the Bears win, and I think it will be a good day. :)
Not being a better, whenever I hear betting lingo I can't help but think of this scene from MadTV:

Back on topic, I'm going to wait until the next injury report to make a prediction of this game. It's obvious when Mack and Jackson are out, no one else steps up and our D doesn't know how to function.
IE
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:35 am
IE wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:07 amI'm bullish enough on the Bears in this game to be betting real money on them. I have two bets with the Bears covering and the over 39 (one is a parlay with other bets). And then I have a couple with the Bears winning outright - one moneyline and one with the over. All in all a hundred bucks on the beloved. It's going to be a good day if the Bears win, and I think it will be a good day. :)
Not being a better, whenever I hear betting lingo I can't help but think of this scene from MadTV:

Back on topic, I'm going to wait until the next injury report to make a prediction of this game. It's obvious when Mack and Jackson are out, no one else steps up and our D doesn't know how to function.
That's a hilarious vid - thanks!

Don't sell yourself short though, Xee - everything we do is a bet. Betting cash is just less abstract.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Fields had a good game last week but he’s gonna get terrorized on Monday. How are these teams going to score? Yikes. Ok so the nfl rules sorta guarantee 10 points a game so…

Steelers 17
Bears 10
xyt in the discord chats
LacertineForest
MVP

Bears - 20
Steelers - 27

I was going to pick the Bears, but then I remembered that it's on Monday night.
IE
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:33 pm Fields had a good game last week but he’s gonna get terrorized on Monday. How are these teams going to score? Yikes. Ok so the nfl rules sorta guarantee 10 points a game so…

Steelers 17
Bears 10
Pat Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers both delivered a 3 point game this season... don't sell Nagy short! :)
Middleguard
MVP

LacertineForest wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:37 pm Bears - 20
Steelers - 27

I already had you down for Bears 24 Steelers 27, so you haven't changed your mind that much. I now have you recorded as above.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Mack confirmed out. Jackson almost certainly out too. Williams out. Holtz out. Ogletree questionable but didn't practise Saturday.

On the plus side, Montgomery should be back.

The Steelers haven’t lost a home game on Monday Night Football since 1991, an incredible 19 game winning streak. I can't see the Bears breaking that record, not least because I can't see Nagy and co outcoaching Tomlin and his staff.

Bears: 17
Steelers: 23
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

This will likely be a huge upper cut straight to the dick. I dont even know if I can force myself to watch it. I will but it will be begrudgingly.

That said there is a path for victory. Run the ball play action pass. Steelers have a recent defense but statistically there is room to move the ball. 4.2 yards per carry. the pass defense is really good. The steelers offense isnt great Ben isnt his younger self.

Bears 17
Steelers 16
Xee
Site Admin

Just wanted to add that for those in the Chicago area who are cord cutters, the game will also be broadcast on WGN.
IE
Hall of Famer

Looks like Monty's going to be back and get some carries. I'm expecting 35+ rushing attempts. Maybe upwards of 40 if JF1 is having any success (and he should) running.

If they try that dink and dunk Nagy shit though... it could be fugly.
Ormazd
MVP

It will be an early bedtime for me Monday night.

Steelers 45
Bears 6
karhu
Head Coach

This is just a stupidly weird week; the Cowboys, Bills, and Packers are averaging seven points as of Jordan Love's latest brain fart.

So.

Bears 27
Steelers 17
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

Nagy should have this team rareing to go as he had an extra week alone to think about the Why's.

I just imagine Nagy sitting in front of the TV, watching that last game, with a big ole bong, and a notebook. With every passing thought he wrote down as his reason for why, he probably murmered to himself between chuckles, "That's genius, right there".

Of course, this is the Chicago Bears, and he is Matt Nagy. When he woke up the next day with a pot hangover, he excitedly grabbed his notebook to rediscover the Why's only his genius mind could discover and found his notebook was filled with gibberish and crayon colored plays.

He's back and watch out NFL, because nothing discovers the Why's like marijuana can!!
Last edited by Hema2.0 on Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Hema2.0 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:05 am Nagy should have this team raring to go as he had an extra week alone to think about the Why's.

I just imagine Nagy sitting in front of the TV, watching that last game, with a big ole bong, and a notebook. With every passing thought he wrote down as his reason for why, he probably murmered to himself between chuckles, "That's genius, right there".

Of course, this is the Chicago Bears, and he is Matt Nagy. When he woke up the next day with a pot hangover, he excitedly grabbed his notebook to rediscover the Why's only his genius mind could discover and found his notebook was filled with gibberish and crayon colored plays.

He's back and watch out NFL, because nothing discovers the Why's like marijuana can!!
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Middleguard
MVP

My prediction programs have never calculated such a wide spread for a Bears' game before.

Bears 10 Steelers 27
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Hema2.0 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:05 am I just imagine Nagy sitting in front of the TV, watching that last game, with a big ole bong, and a notebook. With every passing thought he wrote down as his reason for why, he probably murmered to himself between chuckles, "That's genius, right there".

:rofl:

I think he recorded himself getting high on his camcorder so that the next day he could ‘look at the tape and figure out where he’s at’.
:-P
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY BITCHES!!!

It's Monday night under the lights. Monty is back, and will provide some much needed offense. The Steelers line is not good, and I think we can get to Big Ben tonight and punch his clock (see what I did there). In my opinion Nagy HAS to have a good offensive night tonight. Otherwise his fate will be sealed. He can't lose four in a row, especially to the Niner's and the Steelers.

Let's get 'em tonight!!

BEAR DOWN!!
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Does a good offensive night mean 17 pts instead of 13?
LacertineForest
MVP

Middleguard wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:00 pm
LacertineForest wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:37 pm Bears - 20
Steelers - 27

I already had you down for Bears 24 Steelers 27, so you haven't changed your mind that much. I now have you recorded as above.
Hah, good catch - I didn't even remember I already made my pick. I'll revise the original too so it matches.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:27 pm GAME DAY BITCHES!!!

It's Monday night under the lights. Monty is back, and will provide some much needed offense. The Steelers line is not good, and I think we can get to Big Ben tonight and punch his clock (see what I did there). In my opinion Nagy HAS to have a good offensive night tonight. Otherwise his fate will be sealed. He can't lose four in a row, especially to the Niner's and the Steelers.

Let's get 'em tonight!!

BEAR DOWN!!
With how weird Week 9 has been and Monty coming back... I kinnnnnd of think we have a puncher's chance in this one.

If the kid QB's play takes another step forward tonight I think we win.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS