Week 11 // Chicago Bears (3-6) vs. Baltimore Ravens (6-3)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

dave99
Assistant Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:08 pm On the bright side, it's another nail in Nagy's coffin.
There is already so many nails in his coffin there is hardly room for the body.
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
TheWorldBreaker
MVP

Artbest wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:17 pm An organization with a pulse would fire Nagy and Sean Desai tonight
It’s not their fault Kindle Vildor is the best option for the #2 corner.

That’s on the GM that built this roster. That his incompetence was put on such display today might be the silver lining if it causes a total house cleaning.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

No way that guy should have been uncovered. I'll call that Cover Zero as a lot of zeros playing in the secondary.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

TheWorldBreaker wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:22 pm
Artbest wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:17 pm An organization with a pulse would fire Nagy and Sean Desai tonight

That’s on the GM that built this roster. That his incompetence was put on such display today might be the silver lining if it causes a total house cleaning.
The GM wasn't the idiot who blew the coverage. If you want to blame a non-player, blame Desai.
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm so fucking sick of this team.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

UOK
Site Admin

If they lose to the Lions it’s a guaranteed in-season firing.
WP.1
Player of the Month

This loss only a positive thing.

But now with Fields injury no reason at all for planed/watch liveThanksgiving game.

Fields still unnecessary ! hits.
Last edited by WP.1 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

To never win a game out of the bye week is impressively incompetent
TheWorldBreaker
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:30 pm
TheWorldBreaker wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:22 pm

The GM wasn't the idiot who blew the coverage. If you want to blame a non-player, blame Desai.
The GM is the idiot that not only drafted the guy that can’t cover anyone and committed a dumb penalty in a critical situation that effectively cost them the game but also thought this guy was starting caliber when he cut Fuller.
docc
Head Coach

hey...look at the bright..uh...

Maybe Nagyless..and kids developing..
Who knows?..maybe AH will help..if I live long enough to see it..

Oh well..taking cars out.. got roofers and interior workers starting at 6am (coming from Phx..so maybe 8am) maybe have a house again.. It will take a while..maybe taking out an outside wall
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

such a shitty way to lose that game ... when Dalton threw the TD with less than 2 minutes left, I was fairly confident the defense would hold serve since they played well most of the day I thought

but n-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

mmmc_35 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:41 pm To never win a game out of the bye week is impressively incompetent
I guess the more time they have to prepare, the more time Nagy has to infect them with his incompetence
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
dplank
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:37 pm If they lose to the Lions it’s a guaranteed in-season firing.
I pray we lose to them. I’ve never been this despondent about this team, even the Trestman debacle didn’t break me. Pittsburgh broke me. Didn’t watch today thankfully and won’t watch again for the foreseeable future. Probably until Nagy is gone. Will have to be a Dick Thursday and won’t allow the TV on in my house until it’s over.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

UOK wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:37 pm If they lose to the Lions it’s a guaranteed in-season firing.
False hope I think.

He will stay at least until the off season
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:53 pm
False hope I think.

He will stay at least until the off season
agreed ... regardless of how badly things fall apart, I think Nagy remains right up to the end of the season
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wiNDycityfan
Pro Bowler

dplank wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:52 pm
I pray we lose to them. I’ve never been this despondent about this team, even the Trestman debacle didn’t break me. Pittsburgh broke me. Didn’t watch today thankfully and won’t watch again for the foreseeable future. Probably until Nagy is gone. Will have to be a Dick Thursday and won’t allow the TV on in my house until it’s over.
I’m with you. Change must happen.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Nagy will go back, take a look at the tape, figure out the why’s and work out where we’re at.

I could save him a lot of time. Just pop down the nearest sewer, because that’s where we’re at we stink so much.

wiNDycityfan
Pro Bowler

Off a bye week, I was expecting some of the things that made Justin Fields flourish at Pittsburgh (playing off a strong running game, boots, RPOs rolling to his left with the TEs running drag routes and expanding from there), especially with a manhandled Ravens secondary and missing all their playmakers on offense, to take yet another step. Zilch. This team’s offense is not progressing at all, and the points are really hard to come by. Even the 2-pt conversion playcall was telegraphed from Mars.

I’m just really sick and fucking tired of the Nagy era. I hate that the horrible Lions will buy him some excuses coming up. The line is finally playing serviceable football, but the offense is still stuck in first gear. Sucks with 7 weeks left to play all I can think of is the day this staff gets launched. I can imagine we’ll get boatraced in almost every game left after Thanksgiving. Small price to pay so long change comes at long last.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

0-4 After a bye!! 3 days to prepare, WTF is going to happen now?

Desai. He was DB coach right (prior to this year)? How can he continue to throw Vildor out there? He has to know he sucks and has not improved. I guess we can blame Pace. That secondary is atrocious.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

What a 4 day stretch. First my friend of 40+ years (we're both 45) tried to end his life, the next day my brother died from Covid, and 2 days later my wife's Aunt passed from covid as well. Fortunately for me I missed the game today putting in an exterior door for my parents, fixing their dirty broken toilet(seriously scrub the shit clean if I'm working on it), working on their broken hot water tank (pilot wont stay lit), and replacing part of the rotted floor near the door. So I've got 2 funerals this week and the Bears still suck, but I dont care right now. Sorry to vent all, but damn my head is spinning.😢
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Jesus Hema, sorry man that sux
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:30 pm I'm so fucking sick of this team.
Yep. I'm done. I'll watch on T-Day for entertainment, and to see if the Bears shit the bed against the Lions as well. But the Bears are literally unwatchable after that. They can do NOTHING on offense. They gained 126 yards in the first half, and that was a good half by Bears standards. Their defense either completely sucks, or most of them have quit on the coach, or both. I agree, with a previous poster. I'm not watching the Bears again until Nagy is fired.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

dplank wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:22 pm Jesus Hema, sorry man that sux
Thanks man. Still searching for that silver lining! Maybe it will be Nagys firing this week to help me get thru!
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Hema2.0 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:13 pm What a 4 day stretch. First my friend of 40+ years (we're both 45) tried to end his life, the next day my brother died from Covid, and 2 days later my wife's Aunt passed from covid as well. Fortunately for me I missed the game today putting in an exterior door for my parents, fixing their dirty broken toilet(seriously scrub the shit clean if I'm working on it), working on their broken hot water tank (pilot wont stay lit), and replacing part of the rotted floor near the door. So I've got 2 funerals this week and the Bears still suck, but I dont care right now. Sorry to vent all, but damn my head is spinning.😢
Dude. That sucks. I'm sorry. Take some time to breathe.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Hema2.0 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:13 pm What a 4 day stretch. First my friend of 40+ years (we're both 45) tried to end his life, the next day my brother died from Covid, and 2 days later my wife's Aunt passed from covid as well. Fortunately for me I missed the game today putting in an exterior door for my parents, fixing their dirty broken toilet(seriously scrub the shit clean if I'm working on it), working on their broken hot water tank (pilot wont stay lit), and replacing part of the rotted floor near the door. So I've got 2 funerals this week and the Bears still suck, but I dont care right now. Sorry to vent all, but damn my head is spinning.😢
My condolences Hema, what a horrible time for you. You’re a good son, your parents and your brother will be proud of you.
Make sure you give yourself time to grieve properly. NFL means Jack at times like this. I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say we’re all behind you.
You’ll be in my prayers tonight 👍

docc
Head Coach

Condolences Hema..
All the best to you and family..
docc
Head Coach

..and..

Oh No we Suck again..like a ten buck whore..
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

If that doesn't put sport into perspective nothing will. Sending condolences and best wishes from this side of the pond.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Bears are 3-7, on a 5 game skid, and tied for 14th out of 16 teams...and with a victory over the winless Lions, can be back to only 1 game out from a Pointless Playoff Spot
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Bears have to have the fewest yards gained in the league. I mean, their 14 points came from two freak broken plays where the receiver ended up going for 50+ yards.