Week 11 // Chicago Bears (3-6) vs. Baltimore Ravens (6-3)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Xee
Site Admin

Well, at least the Packers lost.
Xee
Site Admin

I like that Quinn takes the loss to heart; sucks that our inability to put up any points is letting his efforts go to waste.

GSH
MVP

I get that the NFL is a high pressured, results driven business. You are only as good as your most recent results. I get it as I also work in a high pressure, results driven industry.

So with that in mind, why do the bears keep doubling down on stupid?

First time GM with no track record? HIRE THAT GUY
First time HC with no track record? HIRE THAT GUY
First time DC with no track record? HIRE THAT GUY

I dunno guys, im just starting to spot a pattern that suggests that maybe, JUST MAYBE, this team should start paying millions to staff that have shown THEY KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:43 am I get that the NFL is a high pressured, results driven business. You are only as good as your most recent results. I get it as I also work in a high pressure, results driven industry.

So with that in mind, why do the bears keep doubling down on stupid?

First time GM with no track record? HIRE THAT GUY
First time HC with no track record? HIRE THAT GUY
First time DC with no track record? HIRE THAT GUY

I dunno guys, im just starting to spot a pattern that suggests that maybe, JUST MAYBE, this team should start paying millions to staff that have shown THEY KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING.
In fairness - successful guys don't usually get fired and aren't on the market.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
G08
Hall of Famer

Hema2.0 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:13 pm What a 4 day stretch. First my friend of 40+ years (we're both 45) tried to end his life, the next day my brother died from Covid, and 2 days later my wife's Aunt passed from covid as well. Fortunately for me I missed the game today putting in an exterior door for my parents, fixing their dirty broken toilet(seriously scrub the shit clean if I'm working on it), working on their broken hot water tank (pilot wont stay lit), and replacing part of the rotted floor near the door. So I've got 2 funerals this week and the Bears still suck, but I dont care right now. Sorry to vent all, but damn my head is spinning.😢
Good lord... sorry to hear man, hang in there!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Hema2.0 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:13 pm What a 4 day stretch. First my friend of 40+ years (we're both 45) tried to end his life, the next day my brother died from Covid, and 2 days later my wife's Aunt passed from covid as well. Fortunately for me I missed the game today putting in an exterior door for my parents, fixing their dirty broken toilet(seriously scrub the shit clean if I'm working on it), working on their broken hot water tank (pilot wont stay lit), and replacing part of the rotted floor near the door. So I've got 2 funerals this week and the Bears still suck, but I dont care right now. Sorry to vent all, but damn my head is spinning.😢
Good grief man. I'm so sorry. Take care of your priorities.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

There were basically 2 things that absolutely killed me about his game. First, why did we not run the ball more? We did that during the first drive and got a scoring chance. By the 2nd quarter, I'm going... run the ball... Run the ball... RUN THE BALL. Nope. And then going for it on 4th and 1 at midfield well into the 4th quarter, up by less than a FG with a QB making his first start who hasn't been very effective. MAKE HIM DRIVE IT ALL THE WAY DOWN THE FIELD instead of letting them in FG range with one first down. (That's what I was screaming at my TV.)

Nagy is a serial optimist. Get him out of here. Please. I'll continue to watch the games. But I can certainly understand why fans would stop. Who needs infuriating frustration in their life every Sunday? :frustrated:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Yikes.
Sorry to hear that, man.

Stay busy and stay sane.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Middleguard
MVP

Scores for game 10 predictions:
50 RichH55
72 spudbear / Ormazd
98 HisRoyalSweetness
128 Otis Day
182 G08 / LacertineForest
186 pus / Moriarty / Grizzled
194 HurricaneBear / WagonForce
254 Boris13c
266 Atkins&Rebel