My Bears’ give-a-crap meter at all time low

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

And that’s saying something with this franchise.

Just don’t know if I see the point I’d arranging my day to watch the games the rest of the year.

Basically at this point all I really care about is getting out of this season without any guys we are counting on in the future getting hurt.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Welcome to the dark side
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Didn’t have much hopes for this season even with drafting Fields but this is approaching the sh*t show of the late ‘60s and a lot of the ‘90s. Hopefully the commish calls George and asks him how long he’s going to tolerate this clown show.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
spudbear
MVP

There's only about a thousand minutes of Bears games each year, so I'll keep watching in spite of the crapitude. I had looked forward this afternoon to an early Sunday game like usual, watching JF1 make some plays and Lamar run around the Bears D. We were disappointed with both.

After T-day there will be six games left, half of them being the early Sunday times. Bears are scheduled for a Sunday night game against the Pukers - wonder if that will get flexed out but it is the Pukers - a Monday night (again, aargh!) game against the Viqueens and a late Sunday game against the Seahags after Christmas.

With the way they keep losing we may see a return to a majority of early Sunday games scheduled since the NFL does not want to feature them. Which would be fine by me. Otherwise I'll keep watching individual players develop for the rest of the season. Funny how Romo said that the Bears didn't deserve a 3-6 record. So they made it 3-7.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I said this a few weeks ago. Time is short and there are other things for me to do that I like as much if not better (this year) than watching the Bears. As I am in my garage working on some things the game is on the radio, but I will not set aside 3 hrs on Sundays the rest of the year. Thursday the game will be on as my father in law will be here, but I will be in the kitchen the entire first half doing the meal prep.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Anger & frustration are generally unhealthy. Laughter is good for you.

Try laughing at the Bears.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
docc
Head Coach

I watch and post on Laptop in shop while working on my Hot Rods.. That usually means "season over". 3-7 or 4-6 no matter..

Need a major change..or changes !!
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

7 games left:

Detroit - should be a W
Arizona, Green Bay, Minnesota x 2, Giants, Seattle - I can see a potential for 6 L’s.

Surely 4 and 13 gets Nagy fired!
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I am a bit confused about the whole thing.

Recency bias says this is the worst but it’s not. Trestman and Wanny were way worse than this.

Yet at the same time I’m wiser and more mature (not really) than I was back then.

Back then I still watched because that’s what I always did.

Now, especially with Fields injured, what’s the point of watching the games?

I’ll need to figure out something to fill in the time gap. Just started a new book. The Sign and The Seal by Graham Hancock. There’s always GTA5. The loft in my house that my wife and daughter promised me they’d maintain if I had it put in looks like shit.

That Lego Millennium Falcon is still there unbuilt.

I desperately need to clean out the closet in my gym.

There’s always something to do.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:52 am That Lego Millennium Falcon is still there unbuilt.
They just came out with a Lego AT AT, somewhere in the &700 range. Not as much as the expensive Falcon but certainly on the pricey side.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Z Bear
MVP

There are just so many flaws with this team (starting with coaching) that I fully expect them to lose every game. I still care but just kind of laugh when they fail miserably at the end each week. I was livid the refs stole the Steelers game but really expected them to shit the bed yesterday.

Nagy sucks and needs to go
Disai sucks and need to go
The only o linemen not over paid are Daniels (soon will be) and Borom (though we was flat out garbage yesterday).
They need a #1 WR because Mooney is a fine #2 and Robinson wants more than he is worth.
They need a beast on the D line because Hicks is done unless he wants to come back at less than $5M next year
They need to pay Roquan to be the feature piece on D
Need need to figure out whether Mack or Quin is worth more moving forward and move the other one
They need a CB to play opposite Johnson
They need to move and replace Eddie Jackson before his reputation gets even more tarnished.

No first round pick and hardly any cap room to boot once you look at how many players are actually under contract. All of that falls on Pace for the mess he created this year and he needs to go too.

Again.. I still care a lot and want to see them win, I just see this team for what it is and have no expectations until things a blown up and a new regime is brought in.
IE
Hall of Famer

Not only am I going to watch every minute of the rest of the season, but I'm going to the game Thursday and sitting in the front row with my wife (in our holiday hats - look for us right in the middle of the north goal posts!).

We'll be tailgating at Eastern Market and partying at the game - having a ball and commiserating with the Lions fans around us about who has the worst team and most hopeless future and the most futile ownership. I hope the Bears win but if they don't I'll be thankful that it is likely Nagy's last nail.

It's just a game.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

Bears games used to be something I looked forward to all week. I still do to an extent, but now I watch them as a means to pass the time on a sunday afternoon than as an actual event that I plan my day around.

I no longer cheer when something good happens, or yell at the TV when something bad happens. I just watch it.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I can say the loss to Baltimore was tough..... I cannot sit and root against the Bears, it's not in my DNA. That said, I had a peace immediately after the game wash over me telling me that I'll be glad we're dropping games come draft day. I was OK with the loss which for me is weird. A loss usually ruins my week. But I see the silver lining I guess.
Z Bear
MVP

wab wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:55 am Bears games used to be something I looked forward to all week. I still do to an extent, but now I watch them as a means to pass the time on a sunday afternoon than as an actual event that I plan my day around.

I no longer cheer when something good happens, or yell at the TV when something bad happens. I just watch it.
This is me exactly. I am sure I will be back to full time nut case as soon as Nagy is fired.

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:03 am I had a peace immediately after the game wash over me telling me that I'll be glad we're dropping games come draft day.
Well......would be true if our #1 (which is almost assured to be top 10) was not in the Giants hands.
IE
Hall of Famer

Guys! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

First Christmas that I have emphatically told everyone, "NO BEARS SHIT FOR ME!!!!" I usually get a hat, stocking cap, T shirt, but passing this year.

No reason to line the McCaskeys' and NFL's pockets.
spudbear
MVP

Otis Day wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:43 pm First Christmas that I have emphatically told everyone, "NO BEARS SHIT FOR ME!!!!" I usually get a hat, stocking cap, T shirt, but passing this year.

C'mon now Otis, what Bears fan would not be thrilled with this:
[and only $300, but just 3 left]

San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
IE
Hall of Famer

I would buy that in a heartbeat. Where is it?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I have got a few jerseys, but, no thanks. I continue to buy Payton jerseys, I am safe that way.

I have a Singletary, MRobb as well. Had a Butkus, but who knows where that is at these days.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:07 pm I have got a few jerseys, but, no thanks. I continue to buy Payton jerseys, I am safe that way.

I have a Singletary, MRobb as well. Had a Butkus, but who knows where that is at these days.
Same, I have all classic jerseys. Payton, Butkus, Sayers are the obvious ones, but I have a few cool ones I had made, a #62 Bortz being the coolest IMO.
MoFugger
Head Coach

wab wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:55 am Bears games used to be something I looked forward to all week. I still do to an extent, but now I watch them as a means to pass the time on a sunday afternoon than as an actual event that I plan my day around.

I too am suffering from battered fan syndrome.

I stopped making predictions after week one, I haven't been as obnoxious as I usually am, my Packer fan brother and I basically stopped talking over COVID bullshit......

The upside is I live in Arizona and when I moved here 15 years ago, the Cardinals became my official number two (They were kind of already just because of the Chicago connection).
So, I am still able to enjoy football, it's just bittersweet, and later in the day then usual.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

spudbear wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:31 pm
Otis Day wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:43 pm First Christmas that I have emphatically told everyone, "NO BEARS SHIT FOR ME!!!!" I usually get a hat, stocking cap, T shirt, but passing this year.

C'mon now Otis, what Bears fan would not be thrilled with this:
[and only $300, but just 3 left]

Is that his aspirational point totals for the 1st half?
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I'm always invested in the games, to my own detriment, typically. When my expectations are low (too often), I get kinda numb during games. Little reaction or emotion. But I do get excited when JF1 does his magic. And when we're in the game (like late in the 4th vs. Pittsburgh) my emotions do fire up. The last 2 bad endings left me drained after the game. I try to avoid the message board until I've settled down in those situations. I guess I'm weird about it since I've been disappointed SO much over the years.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Me after the neews that Nagy could be fired in about 48 hours

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I hit bottom with this team yesterday.

That game was just unwatchable filth. It didn't just turn me off about the Bears I couldn't even watch the Cowboys game afterwards.

I think it was at halftime that I turned it off. Then over a week from now we're playing the Cardinals.

Just imagine the war crimes that Kyler Murray is going to commit against this team.

Premier League and deadlift YouTube's here I come.
spudbear
MVP

Ah c'mon now TMP, didn't this great victory turn things around with the awesome victory provided by Nagy?! Incredible how he performed such magic on a short week yet shat the bed after a bye. </sarcasm>

Surely the give-a-crap meter has to be inching up as we're now in the playoff hunt. Playoffs ... playoffs!?

I'm curious to see the Cards and how a real WR corps can do against the vaunted Bears DB's.

George Halas
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

spudbear wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:56 am Ah c'mon now TMP, didn't this great victory turn things around with the awesome victory provided by Nagy?! Incredible how he performed such magic on a short week yet shat the bed after a bye. </sarcasm>

Surely the give-a-crap meter has to be inching up as we're now in the playoff hunt. Playoffs ... playoffs!?

I'm curious to see the Cards and how a real WR corps can do against the vaunted Bears DB's.
My Give-A-Crap-Meter is approaching a negative number now that Fields is hurt.

There is nothing likeable about this team. Nothing. They are BORING!

The team flat out sucks. Therefore we need entertaining characters.

We don't have that. With Fields hurt, who do you watch the game to see play? Monty? No, he's not Walter Payton. Roquan? IDK. I think you have to be pretty hardcore to watch a game for a MLB.

The HC is a Dead Man Walking. He'll be gone soon.

So what's the reason to watch the games?

They haven't been this boring since Wanny.

The last time things were like this we had Trestman. At least then we had Smokin' Jay Cutler and some semblance of an offense.

And yeah, the Cards are going to annihilate this team. When we can only put up 16 points on the fucking Lions with only one TD, we're totally screwed against virtually anybody.