Week 13 // Chicago Bears (4-7) vs. Arizona Cardinals (9-2)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

spudbear
MVP

Sunday gametime forecast: mid-40's and rainy. Bears wake up their running game on the slick field.
Marsh has a big first qtr, then ARI shifts focus away from Quinn so that he ends up with a strip-sack-recovery. EJax finally punches a ball out for another fumble recovery. Dalton stays away from turnovers and keeps hitting Mooney on short slants.

Crowd gets abusive on Fire Nagy chants and throws McDonalds wrappers at the sideline. At halftime Virginia McCaskey addresses the crowd over the PA: "Stop yelling at Coach Nagy, I'M WARNING YOU!" Crowd then gets abusive yelling at McCaskeys. Nagy slips in gadget play during the confusion.

Bears - 23
Cards - 20
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Bears: 24
Cards: 30
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

I may change my prediction.

The Bears might actually get blanked.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:31 pm I've been waiting to find out which QB is going to play

doesn't matter ... Nagy can misuse either with equal aplomb ... hell, he might even go to Foles for a change of pace into mediocrity
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

AZ 42
Bears 7

Bears get garbage time TD to Byrd. Most fans say “did we just get this guy?” while fantasy players say “Only 5 carries for Montgomery and 3 targets for Mooney?”

Only silver lining is we say at least it was Dalton and not Fields getting sacked 6 times.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Xee
Site Admin

Definitely going to be a Bears loss but I'm going to watch anyway to see what flashes we can see. And I fully predict that while most people here are predicting a loss, most will still be angry when we in fact do lose. haha
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:30 pm I may change my prediction.

The Bears might actually get blanked.
George McCaskey said that Nagy is not getting fired barring an unforeseen circumstance. Is getting housed 31-0 an unforeseen circumstance, or no?
IE
Hall of Famer

The Bear offense can kind of back into 17 I think... either a Shannyball approach with Monty and Juice and the TEs or desperate shots to Mooney. The Cards will turn it over at least once and that will help. But this hobbled Bear D is easily going to give up 35 ish to the Cards even if Murray is out. Maybe over 40.

Unfortunately for Nagy this one is at home. The fans are remind the world about what they think about Nagy.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:03 pm Definitely going to be a Bears loss but I'm going to watch anyway to see what flashes we can see. And I fully predict that while most people here are predicting a loss, most will still be angry when we in fact do lose. haha
Predicting losses and being pissed about, sure. I get pissed at every loss. Just because I think are going to lose doesn’t make it better. I predict based on logic. I can be pissed that they suck, play shitty and do dumb shit (personal fouls, lining up offside).
Middleguard
MVP

The Bears might get lucky and get a TD out of their defense and and wind up with 3 scores. But I'm going with only 2. I have no idea how high the Cardinals can score playing against the Bears practice squad, but I'm hoping they get bored before things become ridiculous.
Bears 14 Cardinals 28
Sugashane
Player of the Month

Nagy gets embarrassed and tries to spin his bullshit about "we got fighters" and "we'll review the tape" after getting curb stomped.

AZ - 31
Chicago - 6
RichH55
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:13 am The Bear offense can kind of back into 17 I think... either a Shannyball approach with Monty and Juice and the TEs or desperate shots to Mooney. The Cards will turn it over at least once and that will help. But this hobbled Bear D is easily going to give up 35 ish to the Cards even if Murray is out. Maybe over 40.

Unfortunately for Nagy this one is at home. The fans are remind the world about what they think about Nagy.
The Murray being out and expecting 35 against is a Bad Take.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Murray is playing. There's a reason for me to watch the game after all.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/327 ... ources-say
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Jenkins was activated Saturday. The Bears also flexed Rodney Adams and Bruce Irvin from the practice squad. Jenkins may play on FG attempts and when the Bears use their "heavy" package. Adams should have been brought up sooner.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:30 am Jenkins was activated Saturday. The Bears also flexed Rodney Adams and Bruce Irvin from the practice squad. Jenkins may play on FG attempts and when the Bears use their "heavy" package. Adams should have been brought up sooner.
No doubt. Adams should have been brought up when it was clear Robinson didn't give a shit anymore.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

With all the Bears injuries, home field advantage, Dalton getting a full week of practice, the Cardinals coming off a bye, Murray coming back but unlikely to be 100%, Hopkins perhaps to be played sparingly etc. there are so many variables in this one it makes things interesting. I can't see the Bears beating a much superior team though as ever I hope I'm wrong.

Cardinals: 26
Bears: 17
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY BITCHES!!!

Well here we are. A shitty team staring into the face of one of the best in the league. The Cardinal's offense is electric. I was a HUGE Kyler Murray skeptic. Shows you what I know. Our only hope today is that this team from the desert, that is used to playing in 80* weather in a domed stadium, will look considerably different in the wet and the cold of Soldier Field. That and a whole lot of luck. Unfortunately Nagy is still at the helm, and I expect that he will completely fuck this game up. I expect more pre-snap penalties, and more personal fouls. I expect that Robinson will be completely absent again, and that our defense will suck. But I've been wrong before (see Kyler Murray).
GSH
MVP

no mack or hicks. - roquan active at least.

murray is going to feast all day. gonna be ugly.

Last edited by GSH on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Bears inactives confirmed:

Roquan Smith is playing. Let's hope he doesn't aggravate his injury.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

cards 31
Bears 17
EricTighe
MVP

Score is under 30 points total then Bears win 15-14

Over 30 total points, Cardinals win 38-12
UOK
Site Admin

Oh boy. This one’s gonna be ugly.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The Trestman Moment is upon us.

That asshole Nagy is a sure goner after today.
EricTighe
MVP

I hope Kmet gets himself a Jug machine for X=mas
spudbear
MVP

For a team that struggles to score points, you can't gift another team 2 TD's. I still believe that first Hopkins TD was a bobble, but it looks like the refs don't agree. On the second when you have a third and long goal to go you HAVE to spy Murray. Everyone was in the end zone and couldn't get to him. Just dumb.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Another first qtr without a score. This team is hopeless.
spudbear
MVP

Roquan didn't start but came in later in the first half. Seemed like the defense picked up with him in there. Difficult to tell if he's not full speed, but he keeps showing up to make plays. Interesting to see Bruce Irvin playing opposite Quinn - maybe they can compare notes on retirement plans.

Don't know if coaches are telling Dalton to keep it short, but looks like they have forgot about any long pass attempts. Then again, seems like all they have are midgets and bobble-Kmet to throw to. Monty is a hoss.

George Halas
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

And there is Adams. Way to go, get your name out there for a drop,
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

EricTighe wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:35 pm I hope Kmet gets himself a Jug machine for X=mas
Amen! Good to see you posting brother!
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Carrot Top with the third pick.

Meanwhile Minshew has 241 yards with 2 TDs.