Week 13 // Chicago Bears (4-7) vs. Arizona Cardinals (9-2)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Umbali
MVP

If anyone had any thoughts about Dalton being serviceable, let me correct you. He is trash. 4th int. Ugly ugly ugly
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:32 pm Carrot Top with the third pick.

Meanwhile Minshew has 241 yards with 2 TDs.
Sorry.

It's FOUR INTs now from shit head.
spudbear
MVP

Deadeye Dalton with pick #4. Now the first two may not have been on him, but that last one was awful. Nagy gets cover over Dalton's bad luck and ineptitude, with the boo birds out for the offense in general.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Xee
Site Admin

Well, at least we scored more than 16 points.

Only other thought I had is Rodney Adams finally gets his chance and let's an easy pass go right through his hands. Way to seize the opportunity.
dplank
Hall of Famer

So, we can end all the “We’d be 7-3 with Dalton” talk, yea? He looked just like every other Nagy QB, turnovers, sacks, and losses. Fire Nagy now please, give fans something to celebrate. Move on to 2022 player evaluation and our new HC search - thx Georgie!!
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Yeah come on George and do the right thing - drop the hammer tomorrow morning - there's a big game coming up in a week.
Last edited by o-pus #40 in B major on Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
grendel2000
Journeyman

dplank wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:27 pm So, we can end all the “We’d be 7-3 with Dalton” talk, yea? He looked just like every other Nagy QB, turnovers, sacks, and losses. Fire Nagy now please, give fans something to celebrate. Move on to 2022 player evaluation and our new HC search - thx Georgie!!
Amen.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

This just didn’t look like a very talented team today. Montgomery was the only one with any flashes
xyt in the discord chats
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Apparently the headsets went down again which was why Nagy had a walkie-talkie in his hand in the second half. He claims that Lazor was still calling the plays and he was just relaying them to Dalton. Not sure why Lazor was able to communicate with Nagy but not with Dalton. I also can't help but wonder whether Nagy relayed those calls accurately every time or whether he slipped in a few of his own...
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:50 pm Apparently the headsets went down again which was why Nagy had a walkie-talkie in his hand in the second half. He claims that Lazor was still calling the plays and he was just relaying them to Dalton. Not sure why Lazor was able to communicate with Nagy but not with Dalton. I also can't help but wonder whether Nagy relayed those calls accurately every time or whether he slipped in a few of his own...
Nagy is calling a lot of the plays. Don't believe what they're telling you. His ego would never let him do otherwise.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

As bad as Nagy is as the HC. I have to say, most of this loss today was not on him. Tipped balls that should have been caught, poor decision making, not enough talent on the field due to injuries.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:57 pm As bad as Nagy is as the HC. I have to say, most of this loss today was not on him. Tipped balls that should have been caught, poor decision making, not enough talent on the field due to injuries.
Thank you. Nagy's play calling wasn't horrible. Nor was his clock management. Bottom line... This game was decided by the 4 turnovers, which were all failures of execution, not bad coaching. We needed turnovers on defense and couldn't deliver. It might've been a game with Mack and Hicks today. Maybe.

I'm not saying I'm a Nagy fan again. But today's game was a failure by players far more than the coaches.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
dplank
Hall of Famer

They were fairly competitive actually, against a very good team. Props to Roquan and Quinn for stepping up. We played with effort but were overmatched. No Mack, Hicks, Fields or ARob and it showed. We miss Edwards too. Nagy needed to pull a rabbit out of a hat but he just doesn’t have one. He’s as good as gone.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Just shows the differences between a Cards team which has totally rebuilt itself into a talented SB contender and a Bears team which needs to be completely blown up and rebuilt under a GM who knows what he's doing.
[Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
TheWorldBreaker
MVP

Grizzled wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:30 pm Just shows the differences between a Cards team which has totally rebuilt itself into a talented SB contender and a Bears team which needs to be completely blown up and rebuilt under a GM who knows what he's doing.
Bingo!
Sugashane
Player of the Month

Mikefive wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:57 pm As bad as Nagy is as the HC. I have to say, most of this loss today was not on him. Tipped balls that should have been caught, poor decision making, not enough talent on the field due to injuries.
Thank you. Nagy's play calling wasn't horrible. Nor was his clock management. Bottom line... This game was decided by the 4 turnovers, which were all failures of execution, not bad coaching. We needed turnovers on defense and couldn't deliver. It might've been a game with Mack and Hicks today. Maybe.

I'm not saying I'm a Nagy fan again. But today's game was a failure by players far more than the coaches.
When lack of execution is a constant issue it is the coaches fault. No one is scared to get benched.

Simply put they were the better team by a mile. But Nagy, Lazor, and Castillo being too weak to correct issues has resulted in a team that can't execute simple things like screens correctly but maybe 1 out of 10 times.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Happiest guy in Chicagoland today/tonight? Me, cos I didn't see a down of this game.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:50 am Happiest guy in Chicagoland today/tonight? Me, cos I didn't see a down of this game.
Yeah I barely paid attention to it.

It's just too depressing at this point.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Sugashane wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:52 pm
Mikefive wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm Thank you. Nagy's play calling wasn't horrible. Nor was his clock management. Bottom line... This game was decided by the 4 turnovers, which were all failures of execution, not bad coaching. We needed turnovers on defense and couldn't deliver. It might've been a game with Mack and Hicks today. Maybe.

When lack of execution is a constant issue it is the coaches fault. No one is scared to get benched.

Simply put they were the better team by a mile. But Nagy, Lazor, and Castillo being too weak to correct issues has resulted in a team that can't execute simple things like screens correctly but maybe 1 out of 10 times.
Clearly, Andy Dalton made execution mistakes in the game. So you're saying you would've put Nick Foles in? Young player Cole Kmet made a couple of gaffes. You would've replaced him with JP Holtz (since they are the blocking TEs)? Let's hear it. What replacements would you have made?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Turnovers are a hallmark of good defense. We Bear fans got a heavy taste of (what used to be) our own medicine and it really sticks in our craw.

I don't think there are many quarterbacks who would have done much better than Dalton, under the same circumstances.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
dplank
Hall of Famer

"Bad football team loses to good football team". News at 11.
wab
Mod

Bench who and replace them with who? It doesn't work like that in the NFL, especially in the middle of a game.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Let's be honest fellas...

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:04 am

Clearly, Andy Dalton made execution mistakes in the game. So you're saying you would've put Nick Foles in? Young player Cole Kmet made a couple of gaffes. You would've replaced him with JP Holtz (since they are the blocking TEs)? Let's hear it. What replacements would you have made?
I don't think that's what he's saying at all. Dalton is our best option at QB right now. But what about benching Mustipher, or Jackson. Give some of the younger, hungrier players an opportunity to go out, get some reps, fail, and learn from their mistakes. The Bears aren't going anywhere this year. Might as well start throwing players out on the field, and see if you have anything on the bottom end of your roster.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

It was probably pre-ordained - and us being Average at best and then hurt all over so even less than that - I get all that - and it's largely fair

But man - that was a lot of bad bounces too (if any of those were Fields - the apologists would be ALL IN - And largely correct too)

And some garbage time stat padding - Dalton was bad

Kmet - that is an all-time bad game by a Non-QB in a Bears uniform.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:26 am
Mikefive wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:04 am Clearly, Andy Dalton made execution mistakes in the game. So you're saying you would've put Nick Foles in? Young player Cole Kmet made a couple of gaffes. You would've replaced him with JP Holtz (since they are the blocking TEs)? Let's hear it. What replacements would you have made?
I don't think that's what he's saying at all. Dalton is our best option at QB right now. But what about benching Mustipher, or Jackson. Give some of the younger, hungrier players an opportunity to go out, get some reps, fail, and learn from their mistakes. The Bears aren't going anywhere this year. Might as well start throwing players out on the field, and see if you have anything on the bottom end of your roster.
What did Jackson do wrong?
G08
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:22 am Let's be honest fellas...

It's not as fun this way :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
IE
Hall of Famer

4 INT - tipped balls or not - is bad and sad... but I can't help but see a pattern here under Nagy's leadership. Over half of JF1's INTs are tipped. It is scheme and coaching. Nobody is open and if they are it seems like they're not to be noticed within the offense that Nagy considers his baby & wants to control. Like Foles said during the Cleveland game and we've heard before from other players, "... the offense isn't working."

I don't buy the "burn the whole thing down" narrative at all. There is talent on this team. It isn't the players who are the problem (for the most part) - it is Nagy. It is his strategy, his coaching and development, his choice of players, his preparation and practice, his game strategies and tactics. The players aren't playing like their future's are at stake. They know Nagy has their back and will make all the excuses and promises, while delivering the same excrement over & over. They've check out for the most part.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

IE wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:40 pm I don't buy the "burn the whole thing down" narrative at all. There is talent on this team. It isn't the players who are the problem (for the most part) - it is Nagy. It is his strategy, his coaching and development, his choice of players, his preparation and practice, his game strategies and tactics. The players aren't playing like their future's are at stake. They know Nagy has their back and will make all the excuses and promises, while delivering the same excrement over & over. They've check out for the most part.
I too agree that there is talent on the team and they are not playing to their potential for a myriad of reasons.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

I mainly meant the Kmet one more personally

I just wish there was a fair standard - not just who we like or don't - for our QB analysis (*)

Foles got passes on this board last year that strained credulity - where Mitch would get blamed for like Microphones not working. Just way way too far on the pendulum both ways - Before that it was calls for Chase Daniel of all people

(*) I still think it's MORE than fair to note that Fields is a rookie, etc. - But you can't be saying he knows the whole playbook well before Week 1 or that shuld of the areas don't need marked growth either