Robinson

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:25 pm Tagging him has turned out to be bad in so many ways.

We are paying what, $20 million, and getting almost nothing in return for that investment. We would have been better off signing Patterson (although I'm starting to like Grants play), a CB and a better OT (but again Peters has been a bargain for us).

But where it hurts more will be with the comp pick. Had we let him walk we would have netted at least a 3rd and maybe even a 2nd round pick which would go a long ways to giving Fields more weapons long term. With his play this year, I also think we will sign a one year deal to try and rebuild his stock and we will end up with a 5ht in the '23 draft.

Good move Pace, you turd.
Fantastic post. Feel like this is so Bears. We lose the good comp pick and money for help at other holes. BUT if I was running the team I would totally have kept a productive veteran WR who was our clear #1 to help with the rookie QB’s development as well.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Sugashane
Player of the Month

Comp picks only go up to the bottom of the 3rd but still, this has been an issue that Pace caused and now ARob is being a little bitch about it.

ARob was putting up great numbers with poor QB play and playcalling, and was watching guys like EJax get paid early, Whitehair get paid, DT re-signed when he was pretty clearly on the decline, etc and then saw a bit contract thrown to Quinn. So I get why he is pissed.

That being said he is making a TON of money and not putting in near the effort that made him worth re-signing. If Nagy or Pace had a pair they would bench him or not even let him dress, just make him a healthy scratch. He needs to go, the situation isn't salvageable at this point. Maybe Pace floundering the situation was the better of the two outcomes, IDK. Because now I am concerned if he would coast after getting his monster extension with huge guarantees.
IE
Hall of Famer

Last year and prior to the draft, I was in the "let ARob go" camp. Then with the drafting of the QB and bookend OTs of the future, I sort of changed my mind and thought hey they could re-sign ARob for 20 for a few years and afford it - and he could be JF1's "true pro" safety valve and volume possession receiver while the kid develops. But sheesh watching him this year... he doesn't have a "nurturing/helping the young QB" bone in his body.

My take is ARob clearly thinks he's going to be gone next year - so he has zero interest in putting in the work to build a rapport and be on the same page as JF1 for just a handful of games. He's out there phoning it in and running his routes and trying to catch the ball if it comes his way. But beyond that this is a season-long $18MM smoke break for the guy. Boo.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
dplank
Hall of Famer

I dunno, ARob should be very motivated playing for his next contract. Something else is going on, I don't care how mad he is at the Bears org he should be trying to get out of dodge and paid next year and he's hurting himself right now. The folks that were against signing him long term last off season were right, I was not in that group. Now I'm just glad we have an out next year, but his plummeting value might mean we get less in return on that comp pick. We should've traded him at the trade deadline for a 4th - but Bears.
wab
Mod

He should've been traded at the deadline.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:28 am He should've been traded at the deadline.
I tend to disagree - You either deal him before the year (and save 18 million in Cap Room) or wait to get your comp pick (*)

(*) I assume you don't think we were getting some monster deal for him at the deadline
docc
Head Coach

Robinson..

Lost In Space...
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

I finally found this one. This is what totally turned me off on Robinson. This first one is unconscionable and could have gotten Monty seriously hurt:

Here's the same poster showing Manning criticism of Robinson:

And these are NOT from this year, so that whole contract thing is irrelevant.

Don't need a guy like this on the team: no effort if not directed at you, selling out your teammates without your lack of blocking. Yeah, save your body and get your teammate killed.

Fuck him. Just go away.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Wow. That's a simple stalk block, the most basic thing a WR is asked to do. I'm embarrrased by my support for the guy last offseason, was wrong.
docc
Head Coach

A waste of basic talent.. Please let him walk to rob another team..
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:58 pm I finally found this one. This is what totally turned me off on Robinson. This first one is unconscionable and could have gotten Monty seriously hurt:

Here's the same poster showing Manning criticism of Robinson:

And these are NOT from this year, so that whole contract thing is irrelevant.

Don't need a guy like this on the team: no effort if not directed at you, selling out your teammates without your lack of blocking. Yeah, save your body and get your teammate killed.

Fuck him. Just go away.
I can't believe that these incidents, and quite a few have been highlighted, haven't been called out during film reviews. From the head coach to his teammates, nobody should be letting him get away with such a lack of effort and poor route running. If he's going to dial it in then he simply shouldn't be on the field for those plays. He's harming his team with his presence and everyone should be letting him know it in no uncertain terms. It smacks of a weak team culture to me, yet we're constantly told that culture is such a strength.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Just makes you wonder how much stuff like this is dicking up the offense as a whole?