I will say this for Nagy

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

bbaker
Journeyman

He was the most fiery I’ve ever seen him tonight. I know he’s desperate to save his job, but I’ve seen plenty of coaches check out and throw in the towel at this point. He was (rightly) going off on the refs for some of those awful calls.

It made me wish he didn’t suck as a coach.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

He was fiery because he knows his job is on the line. Was he that way the previous 3 yrs? No.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

He can use that fire for his morning customers in the McDonalds drive thru next year.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

He also deserves credit for getting his players to play hard now that the season's over. I don't see anybody with quit in them. That really was one of the better defensive performances of the year, considering how poorly our O played, giving up 3 TOs. With the defensive backfield we put out there... Are you kidding me?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Several IHSA coach openings he can bring that fire to IMO.

I mean I purposely drank and hate watched tonight so the fire was entertaining, but I hope it ends as the word high note he departs on.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Meh. Whatever.

I'll let Rodney Dangerfield take it from here.

dplank
Hall of Famer

I’m glad to see that from him but as others already pointed out it’s too late. We’ve been getting screwed by the refs all season long, and I’m aware every fan probably feels this way but I doubt it’s anything like what we’ve experienced. Bad call after bad call, in multiple critical points in multiple games, week after week after week.

Sometimes I think outlandish, over the top, shocking behavior is necessary to create change, especially when dealing with something highly resist to change like the NFL. I’d like to see something like that here, our seasons over so there’s nothing to lose. Some suggestions next time it happens:

- Yard sale like Bobby Knight, start throwing chairs, headsets, tablets, etc onto the field.
- Publicly, after the game, call out not just the refs but the league also for not giving the refs the tools and authority to call a fair game
- Don’t show up for a game “in protest” over a prior weeks screw job (week after Steelers would’ve made sense)
- In game, simply gather your team after a bad call and walk off the field in protest (I called for this last night)

These actions aren’t simply petulant bad loser stuff as I’m sure many people will criticize. They are strategic as they would activate the media to remember what happened and talk about it, amplify it. Right now it gets a brief mention and attention moves to next week, THAT WILL NOT DRIVE CHANGE! If you want change, you have to rattle some cages to get it. The same old polite behavior is tacit approval of the bullshit we see week in and week out.
IE
Hall of Famer

Well, of course - Zombie Nagy (RIP) is aggressive and may bite you.

I think we need to stop concluding that Nagy had anything to do with the fire lit under the team last night. They heard all week how they were going to get their asses kicked - and that will fire up anyone especially a few of those vets like Hicks and Ogle. And the secondary? The coaches can't get credit for a few of those guys wanting to prove themselves after the coaches were literally forced into playing them. That was to show the coaches - not for the coaches.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wulfy
MVP

Screw Nagy.
dplank
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:13 am Well, of course - Zombie Nagy (RIP) is aggressive and may bite you.

I think we need to stop concluding that Nagy had anything to do with the fire lit under the team last night. They heard all week how they were going to get their asses kicked - and that will fire up anyone especially a few of those vets like Hicks and Ogle. And the secondary? The coaches can't get credit for a few of those guys wanting to prove themselves after the coaches were literally forced into playing them. That was to show the coaches - not for the coaches.
I wonder if Desai simplified the Gameplan and that let the young guys just fly around and play ball. I always liked Tabor, was good to see him play well. Graham obviously stood out. Good on them. Our front 7 balled out too, Hicks return was felt and our intensity was high. Proud of the fans too, they were loud all night
bbaker
Journeyman

Just so no one misunderstands my point here… Nagy sucks as an NFL Head Coach and needs to be fired after next week’s game (he should have been fired last season).

I just wanted to point out something positive I appreciated.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

He needs to be fired this week. No reason to wait. If you are going to fire him, fire him.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Doesn't make up for running a crappy offense, mismanaging personnel, and running a culture in which sloppy play kills the team game after game.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
wab
Mod

Is it not ok to say something positive about the guy under any circumstances?
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

I came back and heavily edited this post after reading it. Sorry. :frustrated:
Last edited by o-pus #40 in B major on Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Nagy is a good guy, Nagy cares about the team and about the fans. He’s a model professional.
If he’s fired, I wish him good health and happiness elsewhere. There’s no bad feeling from me.

But he’s had 3 consecutive seasons of constant decline and that will probably seal his fate.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

bbaker
Journeyman

wab wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:41 pm Is it not ok to say something positive about the guy under any circumstances?
Apparently it is not

LOL