David Montgomery wins "Angry Run" on GMFB

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

:angry: :angry: :angry: So the segment is a bit cheesey but I do like it.

Monty won this week for his run over the CB on Sunday.

As bad as this season has been have to get happy about every "win" :angry: :angry: :angry:
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Thanks for sharing. I had to look it up. I watched the game, but forgot about that little scamper by Montgomery.

Burl
Crafty Veteran

Nice run by Montgomery there, no doubt.

But man, if I needed a reminder of why I dont watch NFLN anymore, that obnoxious host/segment sure did it. WTF? Why is yelling in a stupid faux angry voice necessary?

Also, I'm reminded of the ridiculous "lowering the head" rule for both backs and defenders. Montgomery clearly lowered his head/shoulders to roll that poor db, but the shoulder hit first, so NOT a penalty. Pretty much luck if you get called for that or not.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Burl wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:15 pm Nice run by Montgomery there, no doubt.

But man, if I needed a reminder of why I dont watch NFLN anymore, that obnoxious host/segment sure did it. WTF? Why is yelling in a stupid faux angry voice necessary?

Also, I'm reminded of the ridiculous "lowering the head" rule for both backs and defenders. Montgomery clearly lowered his head/shoulders to roll that poor db, but the shoulder hit first, so NOT a penalty. Pretty much luck if you get called for that or not.
I was literally about to post exactly this then I saw yours lmao....totally agree! Why was that idiot yelling into the camera like that?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I have tried to watch that show, but it is bad. The female is not bad to look at. Burleson was good, but the other two guys, suck royally. Hell that yeller was on a season of the Real World on MTV. He believe he had desires to be an actor. I would watch a little of that season with my daughter. Lo and behold years later I see him on NFLN!!!!! Lost all respect for that channel at that time.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

That is how most TV Shows and Podcasts are these days in the pundrity community.

The only one that really isn't (ESPNs NFL Matchup show is awesome) - they put on at 5:30 AM

People who are watching Press Conferences and Nick Mangold - aren't watching for a nice reasonable nuanced take