Damiere Byrd Catch

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Upon further review, I think this deserves a thread of its own since Bears highlights are few and far between.

3 Seahawks on him and he completes an amazing catch. And stays in bounds while being pushed and dragged. That, IMO, was catch of the year for the Bears. Not only amazing, but a game winner to boot.

Here is a link to a very good analysis of what happened :

Frame-by-frame of Bears WR Damiere Byrd's insane 2-point conversion grab

The TD with the 2 pointer :

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
IE
Hall of Famer

At the time I was like "crap" - he didn't get both feet in. I still haven't seen the "down in bounds" still... I may have missed it. I'll take it regardless.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:00 pm At the time I was like "crap" - he didn't get both feet in. I still haven't seen the "down in bounds" still... I may have missed it. I'll take it regardless.
Knee was down in bounds. All while maintaining perfect control in one hand. One of the more impressive catches I've seen in a while.

Imagine if all the Bears receivers caught balls a tenth of that difficulty for Fields all year lol.
wulfy
MVP

That catch was amazing - kudos to Byrd.

Nick Foles is a great backup QB. Not a great starter, but a great backup.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Cooler King wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:17 pm
IE wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:00 pm At the time I was like "crap" - he didn't get both feet in. I still haven't seen the "down in bounds" still... I may have missed it. I'll take it regardless.
Knee was down in bounds. All while maintaining perfect control in one hand. One of the more impressive catches I've seen in a while.

Imagine if all the Bears receivers caught balls a tenth of that difficulty for Fields all year lol.
yep ... 1 knee = 2 feet ... knee was down in the endzone as he held the ball in 1 hand over his head
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin