Game Balls and Horns - Wk 18 vs MIN

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

spudbear
MVP

The fork is sticking out of Nagy's (and Pace's?) back, and there is singing in the air.

It was a tale of two halves, and the Bears got Nagy'd in the second half. I almost want to hear his post-game presser. Almost. Jenkins got in the second half and was OK. Tonga seemed to get more PT than Goldman, will check the stats tomorrow, and looked pretty good. Unfortunately the pressure that the D was able to apply on Cousins in the first half was not in evidence in the second half. At least Jefferson didn't get his little friggin' record.

GAMEBALLS
- Monty and Mooney: the two playmakers on offense teamed up to make plays and move the chains. Monty was virtually forgotten in the second half, while Mooney got banged up with Dalton's weak passes.

- Blackson: Got a couple of sacks and seemed to play under control.

HORNS
- Dalton: indecisive, slow and inaccurate on some of his throws. Otherwise was ok. Won't be sorry to see him gone as I'd rather see Foles manage a game.

- Nagy: because ... Nagy is going to Nagy. I can't recall a game in his tenure that the Bears out adjusted another team during halftime. Don't know if he called those crap plays for 4th and 1, but he was the one who decided to go for it and they kept screwing up, so it's on him.

[Dis-honorable mention: Borom got schooled in the second half. Some lessons for the rookie.]

Onto Black Monday and seeing who the Bears can shake out of the HC tree. Then it's more debate on what to do with the few picks Pace has in the draft.
Feels like it's going to be a long 8 months.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Balls:
Nagy: Yes McNagy. For having such a shitty game that it seals his own fate.
Monty: He could wind up being a modern day Ernie Banks or Mark Grace for us if he sticks around.

Discord: I'm proud of everybody that participated. Amazing talk about hot women over 40 and then over 50. "The science is settled" (LOL) that one could fry an egg on Jennifer Aniston's ass. There's even a theory that one could crack that egg on her ass too. Pink Floyd rules. A sincere thank you to everybody that contributed music. I'm serious. I love music. It's fun. My New Year's Resolutions for the past several years have revolved around music.

We had some new people. @Grizzled Stick around man. Don't be a stranger.

G08 (I can never tag you for some reason.) wins Best GIF for showing Catherine Zeta-Jones bending over from that thief movie where she's totally hot.

@HisRoyalSweetness is The Man for bringing up The Duchess Of Cambridge for being a total cougar. He's 100% right.

@Bears Whiskey Nut The Big Bad Booty Daddy himself. We both think educators are hot and we get to bang one whenever the hell we want. Life is good.

Pink Floyd gets a ball because of all the cool talk about some people like @dplank and others playing their songs on guitar.

In conclusion, the talk about the hot chicks was one for ages. Well done gentlemen.

The steaks I'm making tomorrow for dinner when Nagy gets booted.

(No, I'm not drunk in an I Love You phase. I'm eating Pad Thai Chicken, drinking a Fresca, reading a Heavy Metal fantasy magazine while watching Tony Romo call The GOAT.)

Horns:
Almost everything else. There were other bright spots, but 90% of the rest was crap.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:10 pm Balls:
Monty: He could wind up being a modern day Ernie Banks or Mark Grace for us if he sticks around.

Discord: I'm proud of everybody that participated. Amazing talk about hot women over 40 and then over 50. "The science is settled" (LOL) that one could fry an egg on Jennifer Aniston's ass. There's even a theory that one could crack that egg on her ass too. Pink Floyd rules. A sincere thank you to everybody that contributed music. I'm serious. I love music. It's fun. My New Year's Resolutions for the past several years have revolved around music.

G08 (I can never tag you for some reason.) wins Best GIF for showing Catherine Zeta-Jones bending over from that thief movie where she's totally hot.

@HisRoyalSweetness is The Man for bringing up The Duchess Of Cambridge for being a total cougar. He's 100% right.

@Bears Whiskey Nut The Big Bad Booty Daddy himself. We both think educators are hot and we get to bang one whenever the hell we want. Life is good.

Pink Floyd gets a ball because of all the cool talk about some people like @dplank and others playing their songs on guitar.

In conclusion, the talk about the hot chicks was one for ages. Well done gentlemen.

(No, I'm not drunk in an I Love You phase. I'm eating Pad Thai Chicken, drinking a Fresca, reading a Heavy Metal fantasy magazine while watching Tony Romo call The GOAT.)

Horns:
Almost everything else. There were other bright spots, but 90% of the rest was crap.
Kudos to whomever posted the best rack in Hollywood. Scarlett Johannson?
[Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:32 pm

Horns:
I posted ScarJo. LOL.
jamus34
Journeyman

Horns:
Christina Hendricks...that was me :D
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Well that was shitty. How many times did we see it this year?? No adjustments. This time we were dominating the game, and by the middle of the 3rd Q it looked like we had no idea what was going on. Maybe losing like that was a blessing in disguise, it should make McCaskey's mind up pretty easily.

Game Balls
-Monty - Dude comes to play EVERY. DAMN. DAY.
-Mooney - Good game
-Santos - He's our kicker for the next few years. Lock him up.

Horns
-Nagy one last time
-Desai for not adjusting either
-Dalton is terrible

It's over...it's finally over.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Game Balls:
  • Mooney for a big day (12 catches, 126 yards).
  • Monty for always running hard despite not always getting rewarded for doing so (How is it possible that this guy has averaged less than 4 yards a carry again this year?!) and for being seen on the sideline shaking his head in disgusted frustration after his idiot coach called another pass on 4th and 1 without him even on the field.
Honourable Mentions:
  • Santos for making all 3 of his FGs.
  • Dazz Newsome for doing a good job returning punts. (4 returns with an 11.8 yard average.) Between him, Grant and Herbert we look to have a solid group of returners for next year. Hopefully Newsome will get more opportunities to contribute on offense like the other two as well.
  • Cole Kmet who had 4 catches on 5 targets for 48 yards, taking him over 60 catches and 600 yards for the season (61 catches for 612 yards). He's had the most productive season of any TE during Pace's 7 years. I liked the way he lowered his pads again this week and drove for extra yards. Now if the next coach can just get him catching some TDs...
  • Trevis Gipson for getting his third strip sack in 2 games, although he didn't stand out otherwise.
Special Mention:
The Discord game day chat. Most of the time it's been the only thing that's made watching games this season bearable! Maybe next year we'll have reason to spend more time actually talking about the games during the final few weeks of the season. :lol:

Horns:
  • Nagy (obviously). He really excelled himself with all those 4th down pass plays! What a genius, throwing out of the shotgun on 4th and a yard and doing it more than once. :roll:
  • Dalton. Was it 2 or 3 sacks and a pick 6 throwing on 4th down? And that was on top of a host of other inaccurate passes. I was praying he'd get a knock and Big Nick would come in.
  • The secondary. What the hell happened in the second half? They were all over the place, giving up big plays left, right and centre.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

I thought - in a low key way - Kamara played well
spudbear
MVP

Good points HRS. The other Newsome play was on a kick coverage where he sped in and upended the Viqueen returner at the 11 yd line. Looks like he wants some extra looks in preseason. Kmet also had a good game, but I don't think he got his first catch until the second half. You'd think Dalton would have worked with his TE's. Gipson may have had a sack too as well as the strip. I'll have to check the stats tomorrow.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
wab
Mod

RichH55 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:24 pm I thought - in a low key way - Kamara played well
I noticed him quite a bit. Nice to see Mooney top 1000 yards too.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

spudbear wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:26 pm Good points HRS. The other Newsome play was on a kick coverage where he sped in and upended the Viqueen returner at the 11 yd line. Looks like he wants some extra looks in preseason. Kmet also had a good game, but I don't think he got his first catch until the second half. You'd think Dalton would have worked with his TE's. Gipson may have had a sack too as well as the strip. I'll have to check the stats tomorrow.
Good shout on Newsome's tackle on the KO; that was a great play. He had a 28 yard punt return last week too. He's certainly taken advantage of his opportunities on special teams.

The box score after the game had Gipson credited with half a sack when he knocked the ball out. I think Edwards was credited with the other half.

That takes Gipson up to 7 sacks and 5 FF this season. 5 of those sacks and 4 of the FF came in the last 8 games and after Mack was lost for the year. That's an encouraging season. With Mack and Quinn both the wrong side of 30 it would be nice to be able to reduce their workload a bit next year and still be able to get a good rush from both edges by pairing Gipson with one or other.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Gameball: Thunderspirit as Matt Nagy drinking game is hilarious and depressing at the same time.

Horn: Me. Been on, or thought was on, discord last few weeks prior and couldn’t find anything active so thought it was done. Seeing what socks clash with my sandals the most is my offseason priority.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
dplank
Hall of Famer

Better draft position, no injuries, and another glaring example of why McNagy must go - all wins in my book. Appreciate all you guys in the chat too, made a rough year bearable!
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:46 pm

I posted ScarJo. LOL.
Bless you :-D
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

jamus34 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:58 pm

Christina Hendricks...that was me :D
Bless you also as well as TMP, made the game a bit bearable :-D
thunderspirit
Head Coach

BearsFanInMN wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:45 pm Gameball: Thunderspirit as Matt Nagy drinking game is hilarious and depressing at the same time.
:toast:

I have to say, Borom's second half is some ugly game tape. He's played reasonably well this season but did not look good in the 2nd half against the Vikes.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked: