GM Candidate: Louis Riddick, ESPN Analyst

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IotaNet
MVP

Riddick will not get the job. He is smart, experienced, and insightful.

Unfortunately, he has FAR too strong a personality. Too direct, too forceful, too strong. I don’t see any of these owners wanting to move him into leadership.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Funny I actually mentioned Gannon type career for Mitch to a buddy not too long ago. Agree with the points on Riddick and Mitch as well.

Maybe it’s hindsight but I hadn’t really thought of Leaf anywhere close to Manning, just that Leaf was likely to be 2nd since he was a QB. I like Polian but never really gave him much credit for that pick, though wulfy’s what if they had 2nd pick is very interesting.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

BearsFanInMN wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:07 am Funny I actually mentioned Gannon type career for Mitch to a buddy not too long ago. Agree with the points on Riddick and Mitch as well.

Maybe it’s hindsight but I hadn’t really thought of Leaf anywhere close to Manning, just that Leaf was likely to be 2nd since he was a QB. I like Polian but never really gave him much credit for that pick, though wulfy’s what if they had 2nd pick is very interesting.
I've been saying since Mitch's 2019 struggles he was gonna end up leaving the Bears and then sometime down the line have a brief/late career resurgence. There always was something there, but his brain broke under Fox/Nagy and he'll probably need to reprogram himself. Sitting should help in that regard.
wulfy
MVP

The evaluation was bad on Mitch. He should have never been drafted where he was drafted and that was not to his benefit - then add the extra draft capital on top of it and that set off a lot of people from day one (personally don't care about the extra draft capital if it's the right player - if it was Mahomes, no one would give a shit about a 3rd or whatever they gave up). If he had gone late 1st, there would be a very different narrative on him.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

There’s so much revisionist or hindsight on Mitch as far as I’m concerned. I know at some point he was one in a lot of mocks. I remember Mahomes in the discussion late but he was the guy that seemed like he rose during combine. Wasn’t on my 1st round radar if I’m honest, though I never looked at any plays. I just remember people saying he was an athletic player with shades of Brett Favre. Didn’t see any of Mitch until bowl game where I immediately told a friend he reminds me of Blaine Gabbert at which point I was out until Pace drew me in. I was Watson only 1st round talent 100%., but didn’t do a lot of research.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers