GM Candidate: Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, Browns VP

For all things Chicago Bears & the National Football League

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

"None of us are in the board room, locker room, or on the sideline, so in a way, we don't know shit."
- Otis Day
TheWorldBreaker
Assistant Coach

In addition to being a Princeton grad he’s apparently got a background in analytics which is interesting. Might be too smart for the McCaskey’s though. lol
Moriarty
Head Coach

1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Xee
Site Admin

I read a few articles but I still don't see what he did in Cleveland to make him a GM candidate?
The Cooler King
Head Coach

Give me the nerds.

Seriously though this early GM list has me a little uncomfortable with how green the candidates look. Maybe it's overcompensation from Pace's failure, but I worry a bit about the young wunderkind approach and a guy not being fully prepared for the entire operation wiht the support George can give.

But at the same time, give me the nerds.
Fka "BillGeorge61" @CBFans.net
Moriarty
Head Coach

The Cooler King wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:38 pm Give me the nerds.

Seriously though this early GM list has me a little uncomfortable with how green the candidates look. Maybe it's overcompensation from Pace's failure, but I worry a bit about the young wunderkind approach and a guy not being fully prepared for the entire operation wiht the support George can give.

1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
TheWorldBreaker
Assistant Coach

This guy is young and a fast riser but Morocco Brown has over 20 years of front office experience with multiple teams.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I'm on the nerd bandwagon as well. Throw in an Ivy League school and you have a winner. :-D
The Cooler King
Head Coach

TheWorldBreaker wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:03 pm

This guy is young and a fast riser but Morocco Brown has over 20 years of front office experience with multiple teams.
Brown is pretty experienced (and apparently the obligatory "used to scout for Bears candidate") but both the CLE names are very young and green.
crueltyabc
Head Coach

So Bill Polian is going to talk to a young black analytics guy from Princeton? And that’s gonna go well? Ok
xyt in the discord chats
The Cooler King
Head Coach

crueltyabc wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:57 am So Bill Polian is going to talk to a young black analytics guy from Princeton? And that’s gonna go well? Ok
Honestly it's good. Polian is a valuable guy to have around even if he's antiquated in areas. But his word isn't gospel. How Kwesi or anyone analytically minded deals with Polian should be part of George's analysis.
The Marshall Plan
Head Coach

This man thinks he can get soup?

Please step out of line.

You're wasting everyone's time.
The Bear-Anon Sorcerer

Vote Brian Flores: For a Bullshit Free Bears Organization
Grizzled
MVP

Smart guy, good business chops, has been building his resume in football ops.
The solution to the mess that is the Bears organization would be to sell the team. If, however, it was placed in a receivership, well, being the Bears, we know it would be dropped
wab
Mod

This is an interesting candidate.
pus
MVP

He likely has some good connections throughout the NFL, what with the BB and Ivy League backgrounds.
It's football, it's not brain surgery. Have some fun." - Mike Ditka

Arkansasbear
MVP

To me he seems like a guy you want in the front office (I think we need lots of "nerds" in there), I just don't know if he's the guy I want calling all the shots. I think he needs a bit more seasoning before being a GM.
Burl
Pro Bowler

I can hear the MENSA jokes already.
The Cooler King
Head Coach

I posted in the Cook thread as well, but for certainly here as well. Indirectly, this would indicate Kwesi is out of the running.
pus
MVP

I want the nerd from Pittsburg.
It's football, it's not brain surgery. Have some fun." - Mike Ditka