HC Candidate: Brian Flores, ex-Dolphins

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Coming off 10-6 and 9-8 season, apparently he was butting heads with the GM, and the GM said don’t let the door hit you. I guess he brought that Belichick intensity with him, which is why I think he’s different from other BB disciples.

Also it may be polarizing, but he was ready to risk it all against the Bengals entire bench. I’d absolutely play for this man, personally.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Crap. Thought it was a link, but watch if you can.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Just watched a video outlining some of the reasons Flores was fired.
Not much criticism of his on field coaching, but the guy rubbed staff and coaches the wrong way, he was constantly churning through them and his staff appeared to be verging on the unstable.

He and Tua were not friends, and Tua was definitely offended by the whole Watson coming to town rumors.

Many of the defensive guys loved him, but that was not enough to change ownership and management's mind.

Was criticized for not being collaborative in any way and wanted his to be the one voice coming from the team... (Maybe the Dolphins can hire Nagy)

All in all, I'd take him as a coordinator but have no use for him to learn on the job as a head coach while we need to develop our own young QB and form some kind of identity.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

Probably my top candidate right now.

I think McDaniels is a cancer and I don't want him anywhere near my team.

I don't think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan.
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

He’s an interesting choice because he runs a defense predicated on having great dbs. Would he try to overhaul that group at the expense of another? Would he step into more of a CEO type role and let someone else deal with scheme?
xyt in the discord chats
RichH55
Hall of Famer

He would be a quality hire