Bears to interview Brian Flores

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

pus wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:07 pm
Otis Day wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:33 pm I don't put any thought into these "leaks." Actually the get pretty tiresome. Hell, some of these insiders are probably just throwing shit out there to get clicks.

Let me know when the peeps are hired.
I'm guessing you and me are not fantasy football players, Otis.

I saw Buddy Guy three times in Portland. The first was in the 80's or early 90's and he was off-the-wall incredible back then. Last time I saw him he was 80-ish and he still had that rare mojo to work in the crowd. He had at least a 100' long electric lead that the bands' guys managed to thread through the people so Buddy could get close to his fans.....the most interactively fun performer I've ever seen....... I went to a summer jazz festival blues night with Buddy playing right before Robert Cray, who was the closing act...Buddy brought the house down and then people started to leave -they could hear Cray's stuff on the FM in their car, I guess.

Can't imagine anyone leaving Buddy's act until after the final encore. He's my blues guitar hero.
@pus - I do play fantasy football but not consistently well. I do not spend hrs going over the players. I print out a list of the top 300 the day of the draft and go from there.

Buddy Guy, damn, I need to see that dude soon. It has been probably 30 yrs since I have seen him.

Going to see the up and coming, already here maybe, Cristone "Kingfish" Ingram in March. The next night it is Mike Zito and Albert Castigilia. 3 must see peeps if you like the Blues. Saw Samantha Fish last week and Tedeschi Trucks is on the menu for this coming Tuesday.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:39 pm
pus wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:07 pm

I'm guessing you and me are not fantasy football players, Otis.

I saw Buddy Guy three times in Portland. The first was in the 80's or early 90's and he was off-the-wall incredible back then. Last time I saw him he was 80-ish and he still had that rare mojo to work in the crowd. He had at least a 100' long electric lead that the bands' guys managed to thread through the people so Buddy could get close to his fans.....the most interactively fun performer I've ever seen....... I went to a summer jazz festival blues night with Buddy playing right before Robert Cray, who was the closing act...Buddy brought the house down and then people started to leave -they could hear Cray's stuff on the FM in their car, I guess.

Can't imagine anyone leaving Buddy's act until after the final encore. He's my blues guitar hero.
@pus - I do play fantasy football but not consistently well. I do not spend hrs going over the players. I print out a list of the top 300 the day of the draft and go from there.

Buddy Guy, damn, I need to see that dude soon. It has been probably 30 yrs since I have seen him.

Going to see the up and coming, already here maybe, Cristone "Kingfish" Ingram in March. The next night it is Mike Zito and Albert Castigilia. 3 must see peeps if you like the Blues. Saw Samantha Fish last week and Tedeschi Trucks is on the menu for this coming Tuesday.
Maybe I should move to Chicago - sounds like there's a lot to like about that place.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
dplank
Hall of Famer

Tedeschi Trucks put on a great show

I have the Supersuckers playing in my tiny town next month
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:35 pm Tedeschi Trucks put on a great show

I have the Supersuckers playing in my tiny town next month
Tedeschi Trucks I will check out - Thanks, plank!
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS