Who do you like in the playoffs

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:13 pm Cards look like they do not belong. The last qtr of the season they have not been very good and tonight, they suck.
That crappy Edwards came back and they went away from riding Connor. Huge mistake. They had some WR issues but I think it is as simple as that.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

The Cardinals under Kingsbury have struggled late every year. We should have all been fading him since like week 10
xyt in the discord chats
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Rams-Bucs will be a knockdown dragout physical battle. Can't wait to see it. I'm hoping the 49ers knock the crap out of Erin. Bills-Chiefs should be amazing, the scoreboard might light up light a pinball machine. Joe Burrow is becoming an assassin, I'll be interested to see if he can lead his team over an excellent Titans team.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

First time I can remember that the games should be really good. I do not want to miss any of them. I will shy away from the Pack game unless I know they are getting their ass kicked. Then I will tune in.
IE
Hall of Famer

I forgot about Stafford when I said I was rooting for the Chefs. My ideal scenario is Rams vs Chiefs or Bills bowl and really enjoying the game and not caring who wins because I'm happy either way.

I'm going to be the biggest Niner fan ever this weekend. I hope Deebo eats them alive. He's quite the player. Modern day Gale Sayers.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:23 pm Modern day Gale Sayers.
Interesting comparison, Sayers would have torn up teams if used in that way. Amazing how a guy like Samuels produces when used correctly, not run right up the gut.
IE
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:39 am
Interesting comparison, Sayers would have torn up teams if used in that way. Amazing how a guy like Samuels produces when used correctly, not run right up the gut.
Yeah. I mean physically he's a little beefier - but so are most players. Funny there's another Samuel (Curtis) that has the same hybrid qualities (best when used as both WR and RB). Must be the name. I'd want either on my team. Actually the Bears did have one like that in CPatt and like some other teams that tried couldn't figure out how to use him comprehensively. Kinda sucks he's a good dude.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 am

Yeah. I mean physically he's a little beefier - but so are most players. Funny there's another Samuel (Curtis) that has the same hybrid qualities (best when used as both WR and RB). Must be the name. I'd want either on my team. Actually the Bears did have one like that in CPatt and like some other teams that tried couldn't figure out how to use him comprehensively. Kinda sucks he's a good dude.
I wanted the Bears to look at Curtis Samuel in FA last year but WFT make him a very generous offer.
IE
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:25 pm
IE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 am

I wanted the Bears to look at Curtis Samuel in FA last year but WFT make him a very generous offer.
Yeah me too. Even at that cost I think it would have been worth it (injury notwithstanding). They could have had young Samuel instead of Jimmy Graham... or pretty damn close. Friggin dummies.
dave99
Assistant Coach

Jason Gay of the WSJ is usually pretty funny.
This should be a free link:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nfl-playof ... _permalink
Eight teams remain in the NFL playoffs, which means there are 24 NFL fan bases with no direct rooting interest left in the sprint for the Super Bowl. That makes this “Bandwagon Week”—just enough time for a fan of a soul-crushing loser franchise to sink their teeth into the rear bumper of a successful outfit, and shamelessly ride it to Feb. 13 in Los Angeles.

Don’t let anyone tsk tsk you about this! Bandwagoning is a fun and 100% socially acceptable way of enjoying football without much emotional torment, or lining the pockets of a gambling app with a name like MortgageSucker. Bandwagoning will make this playoff Saturday and Sunday more interesting. Ask a Detroit Lions fan. They have been doing this for decades. Decades!

Of course, we have recommendations.
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:27 pm
Grizzled wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:25 pm

Yeah me too. Even at that cost I think it would have been worth it (injury notwithstanding). They could have had young Samuel instead of Jimmy Graham... or pretty damn close. Friggin dummies.
Being in that 'win now to save our jobs' by Pace and Nagy really affected those decisions. I'll give Pace credit for bringing in Peters. How much more brutal would the season have been without him at LT? Grant may have some potential if used like Samuel, he pulled off some good plays when used on offense.
IE
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:46 am
IE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:27 pm

Being in that 'win now to save our jobs' by Pace and Nagy really affected those decisions. I'll give Pace credit for bringing in Peters. How much more brutal would the season have been without him at LT? Grant may have some potential if used like Samuel, he pulled off some good plays when used on offense.
Agreed in space I really like Grant. He may be quicker and more elusive than Cohen... which is saying something. And they're the same size. I like that pickup by Pace - but Grant is now a UFA I think.

Samuel is a bit bigger... listed at 5'11" but probably 5'9". Still a giant compared to Grant and Cohen. Samuel is big enough to break a tackle.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I'd like to see them bring Grant back.
Richie
MVP

Would like to see Bills, Bengals, Niners, and Bucs win this week.

I think it will be Bills, Bengals, Packers, and Bucs.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Arkansasbear wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:24 pm I'd like to see them bring Grant back.
This ^^
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Serious question.

Can the 49ers get it done this weekend?
Richie
MVP

crueltyabc wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:50 pm The Cardinals under Kingsbury have struggled late every year. We should have all been fading him since like week 10
I like Kingsbury a lot. I think you're ignoring the slew of injuries they had deal with in the 2nd half of each season. It's not a good pattern over the last two seasons, but I can't blame him so much.
Richie
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:03 pm Serious question.

Can the 49ers get it done this weekend?
No. I doubt it. I don't think GB wins in a total romp, but I expect them to control the game start to finish and for Jimmy G to really struggle.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Green Bay recently got thumped by the Lions.

The 49ers have positive momentum, the Packers are stalling.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Harumph.

For a few years, Sayers tore up teams pretty much any way you could get the ball in his hands.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

pus wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:10 pm

Harumph.

For a few years, Sayers tore up teams pretty much any way you could get the ball in his hands.
Yes. He was the best I ever saw.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I'm on the Rams and Bengals train. I like Stafford, just didn't like him in a Lions uni. I hated Goff as a prospect, and want to see more of what McVey can do with a good QB. Also an Aaron Donald fan. Bengals...don't know why. My largest account is in Cincinnati and I would like to see them have fun with the playoffs.
Burl
Crafty Veteran

My prediction, to see if I can keep the streak alive:

Rams over TB
Pack over 49ers (unfortunately)
Titans over Bengals
Chiefs over Bills (pulling for Bills)
Burl
Crafty Veteran

What a battle.

And man, Burrow is the real deal! Sacked 9 times and comes back with that dagger. He’s gonna be around a while.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Yea the next generation of great QBs is here
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Burl wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:56 pm What a battle.

And man, Burrow is the real deal! Sacked 9 times and comes back with that dagger. He’s gonna be around a while.

If he can survive. Kind of like seeing the Bengals being relevant again.

Sounds like the that game was a good one. Grandkids over so I missed it. Sneeking in some of the 9er game now. They are driving right before half. Lets hope for a score
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Jimmy G is looking really shaky this game. Lucky he doesn't have about 3 more picks. Talk about a QB holding the ball too long......... Dude is avg at best.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

9ers driving for game winning FG. Please don't fuck it up.
docc
Head Coach

GO ROBBIE !! :o 8-)

PUKE DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One and DONE for PUKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flick:
Last edited by docc on Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Playoffs just got a WHOLE LOT SWEETER!!!!!