GM Canidate: Monti Ossenfort (interviewed)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

This is one that came out of nowhere.

Titans Director of Player Personnel. Sounds like he is on the Giants and Vikings radar too. Spent 6 years in Patriots org.

A Giants article about him since there are no Bears specific ones yet.
https://nypost.com/2022/01/15/giants-gm ... interview/
wulfy
MVP

He is good friends with a guy who works for me. Played in college together At Minnesota-Morris.

Giants really like him.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Good chops in Tennessee. Connection with Flores in New England, might have been requested or suggested by Flores during his interview (as well as McKenzie).
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

No offense but I don't think the Bears and Polian are taking suggestions from prospective head coaches. I believe Polian put this list together on his own.
TheWorldBreaker
MVP

Otis Day wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:51 am No offense but I don't think the Bears and Polian are taking suggestions from prospective head coaches. I believe Polian put this list together on his own.
I don’t know if he actually suggested them (and I think Mackenzie might be more about due diligence on Flores to see what really happened in Miami) but if you’re taking an exhaustive approach to finding a GM and a head coach candidate that impresses you mentions a GM candidate you hadn’t previously considered, why wouldn’t you check him out?
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:51 am No offense but I don't think the Bears and Polian are taking suggestions from prospective head coaches. I believe Polian put this list together on his own.
None taken. I didn't mean Flores made any sort of demands, just that he might have mentioned working with these guys and the Bears would be smart to consider them. The Bears are interviewing mostly guys who are in the Polian orbit and they're not in it so the idea had to come from somewhere.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.