GM Candidate: Reggie McKenzie (requested)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Feel like I wanted him during one of the past searches. 40-72 record with Raiders though, with 1 playoff appearance. Coach hires were Dennis Allen and Jack Del Rio.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Speculative
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Yuck. He drafted Mack, Carr, and Amari Cooper then did nothing with them but set the table for his successors to make wild trades.
xyt in the discord chats
mshu7
Pro Bowler

After interviewing Flores, Bears request an interview with Caldwell, who was Flores original plan for OC in Miami before he had to step away for health reasons. Now the Bears are requesting an interview with McKenzie, also with the Miami Dolphins.

I’d say they are doing their due diligence on Flores. Wouldn’t shock me if they hired Flores and he brought Caldwell and McKenzie with him.
-Shu
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

mshu7 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:13 pm After interviewing Flores, Bears request an interview with Caldwell, who was Flores original plan for OC in Miami before he had to step away for health reasons. Now the Bears are requesting an interview with McKenzie, also with the Miami Dolphins.

I’d say they are doing their due diligence on Flores. Wouldn’t shock me if they hired Flores and he brought Caldwell and McKenzie with him.
I would not hate Flores, Caldwell, McKenzie. I'd hate Caldwell as HC but as Flores OC I kinda like that setup. I always felt McKenzie was solid. They could do alot worse than that trio.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Just say 'no'.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
wulfy
MVP

Pass.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Nada
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The answer to this question has to be an emphatic "no", but do the McCaskey's realize they've made a fucking joke out of this whole thing?

How did they not make a short list of candidates last year when it was readily apparent to pretty much everybody that at a minimum Nagy would be gone.

Unless if their name is so tarnished around the league. And they are such dumb ass goobers during these interviews that they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find anybody willing to take the job?

Jim Fucking Caldwell? Who said that was a good idea? Good grief!
wulfy
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:18 pm
Well, when you lean on Bill Polian and Tony Dungy for direction, doesn’t seem like a huge surprise that Caldwell would be considered.
TheWorldBreaker
MVP

mshu7 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:13 pm After interviewing Flores, Bears request an interview with Caldwell, who was Flores original plan for OC in Miami before he had to step away for health reasons. Now the Bears are requesting an interview with McKenzie, also with the Miami Dolphins.

This is interesting and would make a lot of sense as to why they made the late request.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Jim Caldwell is 67 and just took a leave of absence due to health reason. By itself, that's a sensible reason to pass on him, so perhaps things will work out.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:18 pm The answer to this question has to be an emphatic "no", but do the McCaskey's realize they've made a fucking joke out of this whole thing?

How did they not make a short list of candidates last year when it was readily apparent to pretty much everybody that at a minimum Nagy would be gone.

Unless if their name is so tarnished around the league. And they are such dumb ass goobers during these interviews that they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find anybody willing to take the job?

You don't see the Flores/Caldwell connection? If you made me guess, I'd say it was more to get to know Flores, and to see if Caldwell would be his OC.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:20 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:18 pm The answer to this question has to be an emphatic "no", but do the McCaskey's realize they've made a fucking joke out of this whole thing?

You don't see the Flores/Caldwell connection? If you made me guess, I'd say it was more to get to know Flores, and to see if Caldwell would be his OC.
I didn't.

But that's a fair point assuming the McCaskey's are smart enough to play 4D Chess like that.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:41 pmPass.
Ditto