For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Doesn't translate, need to visit the page for the viz:

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2022/ ... eno-massie
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

My major takeaway: What the hell happened to Whitehair and Daniels that they semi-suck now? They were better as rookies. Did Juan Castillo ask them to do something different (compared to Hiestand) and they couldn't handle it?
xyt in the discord chats
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:12 pm My major takeaway: What the hell happened to Whitehair and Daniels that they semi-suck now? They were better as rookies. Did Juan Castillo ask them to do something different (compared to Hiestand) and they couldn't handle it?
Whitehair I attribute likely to age deterioration. At 6 seasons and entering age 29, age based deterioration is not uncommon. Mostly a guess, but as good a guess as any, IMO.

Daniels I think is just inconsistent. He legit looks great at times, but hasn't ever been consistent. Some guys never do find consistenty. Hard to say. But theres still an elite ceiling there.
UOK
Site Admin

Whitehair's issues have been no commitment to a position. He was a very good guard who was forced to play center, became an above-average center, then was shuffled back to guard. Daniels is still kind of green, but is also dealing with a return from injury. I think Daniels still has some promise, and Whitehair should be able to be useful the remainder of his contract.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Don’t underestimate the scheme. Remember daniels comment on how they just put old man Peters out on an island.

Navy’s non-committal to the run is also a net negative on offensive lineman. The size of the line and rookie QB should have dictated a heavier portion of the run split, which slows down a pass rush and also make play action effective which also helps lineman.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Highest on the QB in recent memory FWIW
RichH55
Hall of Famer

* With possible exception of Mitch being Mitch
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Super interesting actually. Obviously there are 3 easy things to blame, Nagy, Rookie QB, and talent. Hopefully next year all 3 have improved.
cblaz11
MVP

Guys….Charles Leno was good before Nagy…sucked during Nagy, and has been too after leaving Nagy.

Mark my words, a good coach will win with Daniels and Cody at OG. A good coach will come in and win with Jenkins at LT, Borom and RT, and the two guards. That said, we need a new center lol