Offensive Coaches with ties to Eberflus

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

bearsoldier
Assistant Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:05 pm Current Mike Shanahan disciples that aren't head coaches.

Mike Lafluer - OC for the Jets. (Take any performance concerns with a grain of salt)
Mike McDaniel - OC for the 49ers
Gary Kubiak - Unemployed
Anthony Lynn - Unemployed
Had not been paying close attention to other NFC North news and did not realize Lynn was let go by the Lions. His time with the Lions was brief and mostly awful so guessing he is not the best potential OC from the tree.
“Losers quit when they’re tired. Winners quit when they’ve won.” - Mike Ditka
Middleguard
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:05 pm Current Mike Shanahan disciples that aren't head coaches.

Mike Lafluer - OC for the Jets. (Take any performance concerns with a grain of salt)
Mike McDaniel - OC for the 49ers
Gary Kubiak - Unemployed
Anthony Lynn - Unemployed
I guess you could add to that improbable list:
Rick Dennison is 63 and an OL guy
Jeremy Bates is 45 and out of football since 2018
Jedd Fisch is 45 and HC of Arizona
Greg Knapp is 58 and out of football last year
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

Might as well add Klint Kubiak. Gary’s youngest son was the OC for the Vikings last season.
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
G08
Hall of Famer

I've wanted Gary Kubiak here for a while know, and usually where he goes Rick Dennison follows. Don't see that happening here.

Klint Kubiak... I guess we could do worse?
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

G08 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:31 pm I've wanted Gary Kubiak here for a while know, and usually where he goes Rick Dennison follows. Don't see that happening here.

Yes, worse is named Kevin Patullo.
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Hamilton and Kubiak interest me the most. Kafka seems too much Nagy 2.0. Philly’s passing game wasn’t any too impressive although they were a top rushing team so pass on Patullo.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
bearsoldier
Assistant Coach

“Losers quit when they’re tired. Winners quit when they’ve won.” - Mike Ditka
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

bearsoldier wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:21 pm
Atkins&Rebel wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:48 pm while no ties to Eberflus, Klint Kubiac...Isn't afraid to run the ball, knows how to utilize WR's and will give us some inside info on Viking player tendencies.
Klint Kubiak seems like a really interesting candidate and agree he mixes up the run well. I read about him a few times recently for as an OC candidate and think he might be a really good one for any HC we planned to hire.
@dplank Gets his Kubiak. :-D :-D
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Does Lynn really count as a Shannahan tree. Was only a ST assistant in Denver. Offensively has spent time under a variety of guys. So not really sure what the underlying tree or scheme he belongs to. I guess he's some WC variant though.

McVay is a strong branch off the Shannahan tree too.
IE
Hall of Famer

I don't care the tree as much as the individual person. As we've seen, most trees sprout a number of unfortunate branches that need to be pruned (Nagy). I like the Shanny concepts a lot. Strong running game, stretch the field vertically and use the heck out of the TEs and hopefully a FB/H-back.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:31 pm I've wanted Gary Kubiak here for a while know, and usually where he goes Rick Dennison follows. Don't see that happening here.

Gary Kubiak and Rick Dennison would actually excite me. Of course, I lived in Denver in the 80's, so that would feed my personal bias. I'm expecting an OC without play calling experience.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:40 am I don't care the tree as much as the individual person. As we've seen, most trees sprout a number of unfortunate branches that need to be pruned (Nagy). I like the Shanny concepts a lot. Strong running game, stretch the field vertically and use the heck out of the TEs and hopefully a FB/H-back.
Yea obviously a tree is no guarantee. But it can be a way to describe what you want to see.

Although that was one thing that excited me about the possibility of McDaniels. His scheme is less philosophical and by rule meant to be adaptable and flexible. Thats ultimately what you want.