NEWS: Injuries Hit Kyle Orton, Mike Brown

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

The Bears were hit by injuries as well as the Lions in their 27-23 win Sunday.

Quarterback Kyle Orton was taken off the field after injuring his right ankle as he scrambled toward the sideline with 23 seconds to play in the second quarter.

Rex Grossman, Orton's back up all season, started the second half with the Bears trailing 23-13.

Safety Mike Brown went to the locker room with a lower right leg injury. Brown intercepted a pass to start the game and appeared to return it for a touchdown, but he was ruled down after a review.

Neither Orton and Brown nor returned to the game.

Afterward, Brown said the right calf injury that ended his Sunday prematurely is not season-ending.

"Everything is good, man," Brown said. "You'll see me back out there shortly."

Brown had a protective boot in his hand while he exited the stadium.

"Got to keep pressure off when I sleep," Brown said.

There is still no word on the severity of Orton's injury or how long he might be out. His status for the Bears game against Tennessee is questionable.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

Orton's injury was pretty nasty, I don't think he'll be out for more than a week.

Mike Brown on the other hand, I really don't know what to say. The guy holds back, he plays like crap and stays healthy. He plays hard and goes balls out, he gets injured. It's just a bad luck thing, and I don't think he'll ever be the same.
wab
Mod

With Payne emerging and Steltz showing promise, I really think Mike Browns days are numbered....unfortunately.

I dunno about Orton though...I think it'll have to be pretty bad to keep him out next week. The guy is a warrior. It looked pretty bad, but hopefully it's just a sprain. <crosses fingers>