<motorboat>

Sorry, couldn't resist :-P
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

You motorboating son of a bitch, you.
G08
Hall of Famer

Are they built for comfort or built for speed?
Road
Pro Bowler

Last year the Rx supporters claimed the reason he couldn't play was because of no running game. After the game that Forte had today what's their excuse now? Rx shits his pants every time a defenders gets past the line and sometimes before. He's had his chance on this team! Now it's time to look to the future and admit he was a wasted draft pick. I'm all for starting Hanie if Orton can't go next week!
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

I'm sure some around here will blame his poor performance on the Rex 'doubters' and the people that booed him last year.

The FACT is that he was no different today then he has been since halfway through the 06 season.

That wuarterback out on the field today does not even belong in the league and he should have done the honorable thing and simply retired after the game before he steals another dime from the Bears.
Ormazd
MVP

As much as we rag on the defense, they actually did a helluva job today. Titans got great field position most of the day, because Rex couldn't move the offense out of their end. Giving up 21 points and 289 yards passing (20 yards rushing!) is pretty good work, considering. This was a very winnable game with just a smidgen of offense.

Get well soon, Kyle
Xee
Site Admin

Ormazd wrote:As much as we rag on the defense, they actually did a helluva job today.
I think a bigger kudos goes to our O-line. Again, they stepped up and met the challenge. Haynesworth was effectively negated, Rex had time to throw the ball, and they were opening up holes for Forte. Like you said, had Orton been back there the outcome of this game most likely would have been different.
UOK
Site Admin

Ormazd wrote:As much as we rag on the defense, they actually did a helluva job today.

Against the run only.

Against the pass? well... :frustrated:
G08
Hall of Famer

Our pass defense is atrocious. ATROCIOUS.
UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:Our pass defense is atrocious. ATROCIOUS.
That is a Cosby sweater! A COSBY sweatahr!!
wab
Mod

I agree G08... The flashes of brilliance that he showed always bought him the benefit of the doubt with me when his inconsistancies starting bubbling up....now the flashes of brilliance just frustrate the hell out of me to the point I don't even wanna watch when he plays.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

RumpShaker wrote:Ok, Cut his ass now! I am not even joking. Sure, the D-Line isnt doing very good. I wont give them a pass, but rex just cant play QB in the NFL. I just dont see why putting Haine in would be such a horrid idea...
Don't worry. He'll be gone after this year and you won't have to look like a fucking idiot anymore.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
wab
Mod

Rex CAN play in the NFL...that's what makes him so damn frustrating. Adn spouting "cut his ass now" makes you look a little foolish. Would you rather have Brad Johnson? Culpepper? Tyler Thigpen? Seneca Wallace? The only backup I would take over Rex is Sage Rosenfels.

Rex isn't the problem. He did enough for us to win the game.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I'd take Sage Rosenfels or Seneca Wallace.

Look at what college they played at to understand why. :D
swami
Journeyman

wab wrote:Rex CAN play in the NFL...that's what makes him so damn frustrating. Adn spouting "cut his ass now" makes you look a little foolish. Would you rather have Brad Johnson? Culpepper? Tyler Thigpen? Seneca Wallace? The only backup I would take over Rex is Sage Rosenfels.

He didn't do enough to win the game IMO. Completing a bit more than 50% of your passes and failing to sustain drives (3 of 14 on 3rd down conversions) is not enough to win the game. The guy averaged 4.2 ypa - that's brutal.

Still, it's obvious to me that the Bears need a guy who will stretch the field. I never thought that would be a problem with guys like Lloyd and Hester, but it seems we have no deep threat to keep defenses honest. We also need the offensive line to show up on running plays. When a team's yards per completion and yards per rush are this low though, you have to think opponents are stacking the box and giving little thought to a deep strike. We're definitely below average when it comes to deep passing and we need to fix that to help out playmakers like Forte and Hester.

We also need a good pass rusher. Our current defensive line isn't getting it done. Maybe it's the scheme though.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote:Well, as has been the case all season, we shut down our opponent's running game and dared their mediocre QB to beat us in the air . . . and he did.

a very sad recurring nightmare

as for Grossman, I was trying to think positive ... trying to see the good ... and he let me down, as he let down his team ... he wasn't as horrid as he could have been, but how in the hell could he so consistently miss wide open receivers? all had to do was be average, and the Bears win ... but nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo ...

:frustrated:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I agree G08... The flashes of brilliance that he showed always bought him the benefit of the doubt with me when his inconsistancies starting bubbling up....now the flashes of brilliance just frustrate the hell out of me to the point I don't even wanna watch when he plays.

43 turnovers in his last 30 regular season and playoff games, four out of five seasons with a QB rating below under 70....

The biggest problem Sunday was you see that he was defeated and pressing. No matter how terrible he now is physically, it is his mental problems that will doom his career shortly.

You can argue that “Rex Grossman has shown enough in his career that would suggest that he may belong in the league”, but the guy wearing the #8 for the Chicago Bears on Sunday has no business on an NFL field.
wab
Mod

swami wrote:
He didn't do enough to win the game IMO. Completing a bit more than 50% of your passes and failing to sustain drives (3 of 14 on 3rd down conversions) is not enough to win the game. The guy averaged 4.2 ypa - that's brutal.

Still, it's obvious to me that the Bears need a guy who will stretch the field. I never thought that would be a problem with guys like Lloyd and Hester, but it seems we have no deep threat to keep defenses honest. We also need the offensive line to show up on running plays. When a team's yards per completion and yards per rush are this low though, you have to think opponents are stacking the box and giving little thought to a deep strike. We're definitely below average when it comes to deep passing and we need to fix that to help out playmakers like Forte and Hester.

We also need a good pass rusher. Our current defensive line isn't getting it done. Maybe it's the scheme though.
RumpShaker
Practice Squad

imprint3454 wrote: Don't worry. He'll be gone after this year and you won't have to look like a f**king idiot anymore.
Hmmm.... guess I was a F**king Idiot when I said they should have an open compition for the starting gig a long time ago. There is a reason he isnt the starter now. There is also a reason he will no longer be on the team following the season. I took a ton of heat back in the day about this subject. But if I am proven right, I have no problem being called a F**ing Idiot...
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

maybe it is the # 8?

cursed somehow ... like the goat that has the Cubs vexed peed on a Bears jersey #8 at some point in the past, rendering it non-functional

Cade McClown wore it with complete dishonor ... Rex came on board and said he would erase the stigma that went with that jersey number, but instead, has simply introduced a new flavor of suck

last Bear I remember wearing it who didn't blow was punter Maury Buford

so, should the Bears relegate the #8 to kickers from now on?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
RumpShaker
Practice Squad

wab wrote:Rex CAN play in the NFL...that's what makes him so damn frustrating. Adn spouting "cut his ass now" makes you look a little foolish. Would you rather have Brad Johnson? Culpepper? Tyler Thigpen? Seneca Wallace? The only backup I would take over Rex is Sage Rosenfels.

Rex isnt the problem? He did enough to win the game? You are joking right?

I dont see how I look foolish when a QB does not have the ability to run an offense. There were times he had all the time in the world, and he still had too many jitters to find someone open. His passes were bad. I mean bad. Why is it that Orton can hit these players and Rex cant. Because Orton is an average QB that can get rid of the ball and hit a WR or two. Rex isnt even average. How is it foolish to cut him? He isnt going to be here next season. He cant complete over 50% of his passes. You are not getting him ready for anything! I would rather see Haine in there. At least he could get some experiance that could be useful for the future. I really cant see any QB be as bad as REX. And as far as the QBs you mentioned. Sure, I WOULD take them over Rex. But they are on other teams. I was told it would be stupid to play Orton ahead of rex, crap, even prior to this season people were talking rex over kyle for this season. We see how it worked out right? Orton stepped in and had a solid first half. Some are acting like he is the savior. (I dont think he is, but I am very happy with his performance)

Some of you rag on the D-Line, O-Line or whoever else. Some of you say to cut these players. Yet, its silly for me to talk about Rex being cut. A guy that has no future here. Sure. Foolish... Foolish to want to see what a backup that WILL be here in the future has to offer....
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

RumpShaker wrote:
Hmmm.... guess I was a F**king Idiot when I said they should have an open compition for the starting gig a long time ago. There is a reason he isnt the starter now. There is also a reason he will no longer be on the team following the season. I took a ton of heat back in the day about this subject. But if I am proven right, I have no problem being called a F**ing Idiot...
No, you just appear to be a fucking idiot because you're one of those annoying fans that sound like a broken record crying about Grossman every time he steps onto the field.
FranktheTank
Player of the Month

I'm in love :love:

gaba
Head Coach

imprint3454 wrote: No, you just appear to be a f**king idiot because you're one of those annoying fans that sound like a broken record crying about Grossman every time he steps onto the field.

That's because he sucks... every time he steps onto the field. You know imp, it's annoying for EVERYONE. You're sick of hearing it, I'm sick of saying it. Maybe we could all get past it if Rex wasn't wearing the colors of our beloved Bears anymore.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

gaba wrote:

That's because he sucks... every time he steps onto the field. You know imp, it's annoying for EVERYONE. You're sick of hearing it, I'm sick of saying it. Maybe we could all get past it if Rex wasn't wearing the colors of our beloved Bears anymore.
Amen, preach on brother.
RumpShaker
Practice Squad

FranktheTank wrote:I'm in love :love:

Ahhhh.... FranktheTank, U Da Man! SOOOOHOT.......

Gaba, Good point..... ;)
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

gaba wrote:

I never thought I would say this, but I can't wait for the offseason. Rex will be gone, which will hopefully get Bears fans to quit killing the duck that is already dead and Orton will get a contract that he deserves (hopefully.)