NEWS: Orton Suffers High Ankle Sprain, Out a Month

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

It's ok, my standards for Rex have fallen drastically ever since he got benched last season. I still wish that Rex could've taken the next step, but I just don't think it'll work out for him, at least not here.
IE
Hall of Famer

Considering he was shaking the rust off at real game speed, I thought he was OK. Rex made some plays when he had to, and helped win the game. I'll always take a "W" - even ugly ones. And I'm assuming/hoping he's growed up a bit just like Kyle has. I'm looking for him to surprise the Titans.

I like how Rex is channeling the neck beard. 8-)
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
G08
Hall of Famer

Where I come from we call it a 5 o'clock shadow, or in this instance, maybe a 7 o'clock shadow :thumbsup:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Sammy007
Practice Squad

Well, think about this . . .

"High ankle sprains" average about a 6 week healing time (give or take - everyone's different, especially pro athletes).

Now RG's the man and if he goes down . . .

This is not an unlikely scenario given Rex's injury history and a big pass rush D in the Titan's coming up Sunday.

Just a little food for thought.
Pagan
MVP

Sammy007 wrote:Well, think about this . . .

"High ankle sprains" average about a 6 week healing time (give or take - everyone's different, especially pro athletes).

This is not an unlikely scenario given Rex's injury history and a big pass rush D in the Titan's coming up Sunday.

Great point Sammy- I forgot to mention this yesterday. The high ankle sprain, which is what were currently being told it is (dont belive anythings been confirmed through an MRI yet) can have a lingering affect. QB's power on passes comes through their base, and if you have a wobbly base, you're going to suck as a QB. I fear that Orton will have a bad second half this year because of this injury.
Meaning it hasnt been announced as a season ending injury but it could very well be.

pagan
Sammy007
Practice Squad

Pagan wrote:

Great point Sammy- I forgot to mention this yesterday. The high ankle sprain, which is what were currently being told it is (dont belive anythings been confirmed through an MRI yet) can have a lingering affect. QB's power on passes comes through their base, and if you have a wobbly base, you're going to suck as a QB. I fear that Orton will have a bad second half this year because of this injury.
Meaning it hasnt been announced as a season ending injury but it could very well be.

pagan
Yeah, I was thinking his return at best would be playoffs . . .

But I'm trying to convince myself to think positively, and hope his time off will be limited to a month. :thumbsup:
MamaBear
Player of the Month

Ugh. This is scary.
UOK
Site Admin

I figured the Bears would be 2-14 this year, so the fact they've already won 5 games is a wonder to me, so I'm already pleased with their progress. If the honeymoon is over, so be it.
MamaBear
Player of the Month

UrlachersOranjKleats wrote:I figured the Bears would be 2-14 this year, so the fact they've already won 5 games is a wonder to me, so I'm already pleased with their progress. If the honeymoon is over, so be it.
See, ME? I JUST started to get my hopes up....so this hurts. Probably better now than later though. Our D is sure stinking it up and if they are really as bad as they look...it's probaby better just to peter out now. A defense like the one that played Sunday, well, they aren't going to make it past the first play-off game anyway. And that sucks. Although...it also sucks to to just plain suck and not make it to the playoffs at all. Sigh. I'm bummed KO is hurt, I really am.